It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 20:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Really bad GMAT taking experience at Edupro Dwarka center in Delhi

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

CAT Tests
Really bad GMAT taking experience at Edupro Dwarka center in Delhi [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2017, 05:14
I took my GMAT today and got a 670 score (Q49 V32), I took it 15 days back as well and got a 680 before (Q46 V37). I cancelled the 670 score. I'll be taking the gmat again.
However, what i want to share is my test taking experience at Dwarka Edupro center. It was totally horrible! It's a disgustingly small center with too many distractions (super noisy as it's inside a market, close to the airport etc.)

The thing that bothered me the most and what totally destroyed my verbal score was the fact that due to new policy of having flexibility to chose the order of the paper, the timing when people did AWA was mismatched. The computers were extremely bad quality and typing produced horrible noise! While i was doing verbal the girl next to me was furiously typing away AWA!! It distracted me so so very much :( No noise cancelling headphones were provided by the center. I'm sure someone else also got distracted while i was typing my AWA section!

Is this a problem that all of you face ? Or is it because the center was shit ? I'm very curious to know because i don't think I won't be distracted by that horrible typing noise even the next time I take my GMAT!

Would be good to know from people in Delhi if there is a center where they don't face such an issue!
I was easily scoring above 720 in all my mocks and I would have gotten my dream score today if not for that horrible typing noise :(

Regards,

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
S

Kudos [?]: 9446 [0], given: 348

Re: Really bad GMAT taking experience at Edupro Dwarka center in Delhi [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 11:16
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I have heard this from many of our students from India. Unfortunately, there is little that GMAC or Pearson Vue would do about it (unless you press hard). I would recommend you take a look at test center reviews to decide on the next test center.

https://gmatclub.com/reviews/more-gmat-test-centers/

Below are the reviews for New Delhi test center.

https://gmatclub.com/reviews/location/n ... st_centers

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Kudos [?]: 9446 [0], given: 348

Study Buddy Forum Moderator
G

Kudos [?]: 105 [0], given: 265

WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Really bad GMAT taking experience at Edupro Dwarka center in Delhi [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 17:47
SSSH

Quote:
While i was doing verbal the girl next to me was furiously typing away AWA!! It distracted me so so very much :( No noise cancelling headphones were provided by the center. I'm sure someone else also got distracted while i was typing my AWA section!

I believe we can take our headphones if center does not provide one.

OfficialGMAT
Can you please comment?

Press kudos if you liked this post

Kudos [?]: 105 [0], given: 265

VP
VP
D

Kudos [?]: 287 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 19:15
adkikani wrote:
I believe we can take our headphones if center does not provide one.
I don't think they'll let you take your own headphones, or any other devices. They are (supposed to be) very particular about such things.

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

VP
VP
D

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 19:21
SSSH wrote:
No noise cancelling headphones were provided by the center. I'm sure someone else also got distracted while i was typing my AWA section!

Is this a problem that all of you face ? Or is it because the center was shit ? I'm very curious to know because i don't think I won't be distracted by that horrible typing noise even the next time I take my GMAT!
Dwarka is just not a good center. The frequency of complaints is definitely much higher there. Try to book an appointment at the Pearson center in Yusuf Sarai, or the one in Noida. As for headphones, to the best of my knowledge, no center in India provides noise cancelling headphones. Instead, they provide orange ear plugs.

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Verbal Forum Moderator
V

Kudos [?]: 1072 [0], given: 90

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 19:40
SSSH wrote:
I took my GMAT today and got a 670 score (Q49 V32), I took it 15 days back as well and got a 680 before (Q46 V37). I cancelled the 670 score. I'll be taking the gmat again.
However, what i want to share is my test taking experience at Dwarka Edupro center. It was totally horrible! It's a disgustingly small center with too many distractions (super noisy as it's inside a market, close to the airport etc.)

The thing that bothered me the most and what totally destroyed my verbal score was the fact that due to new policy of having flexibility to chose the order of the paper, the timing when people did AWA was mismatched. The computers were extremely bad quality and typing produced horrible noise! While i was doing verbal the girl next to me was furiously typing away AWA!! It distracted me so so very much :( No noise cancelling headphones were provided by the center. I'm sure someone else also got distracted while i was typing my AWA section!

Would be good to know from people in Delhi if there is a center where they don't face such an issue!
I was easily scoring above 720 in all my mocks and I would have gotten my dream score today if not for that horrible typing noise :(

Regards,

Hi SSSH,
Sorry to hear that test day did not go as planned because of disturbance due to noise. I think the Pearson centers both at Yusuf Sarai and at Noida provide headphones.
All the best for your next attempt :-)

Regards
Skywalker

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. - Henry Ford
The Moment You Think About Giving Up, Think Of The Reason Why You Held On So Long
+1 Kudos if you find this post helpful

Kudos [?]: 1072 [0], given: 90

Re: Really bad GMAT taking experience at Edupro Dwarka center in Delhi   [#permalink] 29 Nov 2017, 19:40

Really bad GMAT taking experience at Edupro Dwarka center in Delhi

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap