GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jul 2018, 19:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Redundant word pairs

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Oct 2017
Posts: 44
Redundant word pairs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 02 Jan 2018, 02:09
I tried to compile a list of redundant word pairs that appear frequently. Please feel free to add more

1) The reason.... Because
2) Tried to.... Attempt
3) Even though... But
4) Despite... Yet
5) Now... Currently
6) great icon
7) sum... total
8) can... potentially
9) attributed to.. Result of
10) decade of (some year Eg 1930's)
11) may... possibly /could
12) more increase
13) typically... Average
14) Although... In contrast
15) essential key
16) whether or not
17) every year.. Annually


Consider kudos if that helped you.


Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Originally posted by sumit411 on 26 Dec 2017, 22:27.
Last edited by sumit411 on 02 Jan 2018, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.
Moderator
avatar
V
Joined: 22 Jun 2014
Posts: 1053
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Redundant word pairs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2017, 12:28
Hi sumit411 ,

'and also' is not always wrong. Please be aware :)
_________________

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Oct 2017
Posts: 44
Re: Redundant word pairs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 00:31
HKD1710 wrote:
Hi sumit411 ,

'and also' is not always wrong. Please be aware :)

Hi HKD1710

Can you please cite an official question where this is an acceptable construction.

The aim is not to have any ambiguity.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Moderator
avatar
V
Joined: 22 Jun 2014
Posts: 1053
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Redundant word pairs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 04:09
sumit411 wrote:
HKD1710 wrote:
Hi sumit411 ,

'and also' is not always wrong. Please be aware :)

Hi HKD1710

Can you please cite an official question where this is an acceptable construction.

The aim is not to have any ambiguity.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Hi sumit411,

Here is the question from gmatprep:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/turning-away ... 42870.html
_________________

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Oct 2017
Posts: 44
Re: Redundant word pairs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2018, 02:08
HKD1710 wrote:
sumit411 wrote:
HKD1710 wrote:
Hi sumit411 ,

'and also' is not always wrong. Please be aware :)

Hi HKD1710

Can you please cite an official question where this is an acceptable construction.

The aim is not to have any ambiguity.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Hi sumit411,

Here is the question from gmatprep:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/turning-away ... 42870.html

Thank you.
Edited the post.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Re: Redundant word pairs   [#permalink] 02 Jan 2018, 02:08
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Redundant word pairs

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.