Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 14:08 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Said Business School VS Imperial Business School [#permalink]
Admissionado wrote:
"Better" is a very subjective and personal word. That said, Oxford has the stronger brand name. Is there something specific you are wishing to study or recruit for? If so, that could help but generally Said is likely the better option if prestige is your concern.

Acceptance by round is not typically available for most MBA programs. Realize it's not advisable unless you have a particularly unique background or critical circumstances to be applying on the later side of the process.

Oxford GMAT range: 580-780
https://gmatclub.com/forum/?href=/schoo ... university

Imperial GMAT range: 600-700
https://gmatclub.com/forum/?href=/schoo ... ess-school

Hope that helps,
Admissionado

Also wanted to know should i delay my GMAT exam until 10th March, as im waiting for Duke’s final decision? Is it too much optimism 🫣
Basically take it or dont basis this result.

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Ver23 wrote:
Said Business School VS Imperial Business School

Need to understand the below
- which one’s Better?
- acceptance when applying in Round 4
- GMAT score range accepted - precisely GMAT needed for non traditional background profile

Any insights would be helpful.

TIA

Posted from my mobile device

Oxford is the better brand and program as well. Usually, 650+ for Imperial, and 680+ for Oxford is what most applicants look at, though things can vary a bit according to the profile and experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Please review my profile for Oxford (Said) and Cambridge (Judge Business School)

Demographics: Mumbai, India, Male, 24 yr.

Education: B.tech in Electronics and Communication, Lovely professional University( 2017 - 2021) with CGPA - 7.3
Class XII - 73.6% (MP Board, 2016-2017)
Class X - 7.3 CGPA (CBSE, 2015)

GMAT: My first attempt score is 710 (Verbal - 39, Quant - 48)

Work Experience - Total 3 yr ( 2 yr full time + 1 yr Internship)
* Started my career as Program Analyst Intern in Board Infinity(Edutech Startup) in May 2020(the final year of my B.tech).
* I worked as a program analyst for 6 months and got promoted after 6 months as associate program manager after the successful completion of multiple projects.
* In the year 2021 after a year of completion of my internship and college degree I got promoted to Category Manager, because I was a key member of the team during periods when the team was severely understaffed, always a top performer, automated lots of processes, responsible for multiple entities and for parts of the group consolidation.
* Currently, I am working as a senior category manager in Board Infinity itself as a core team member. Managing a team of 16 and handling 3-4 verticals in the organisation.
* Using advanced analytical tools and automated reports to track performance, and designing solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time against business needs.
* Resolving escalations and maintaining a process that reduces Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Turnaround Time (TAT)
* Planning and designing end-to-end workflows for cohorts and automating repetitive tasks using Zoho CRM, optimising operations to improve overall productivity and efficiency.
* Providing consultation to 1500+ customers across various domains, solving their problems and improving their overall experience.
* Handling P&L INR 4 Crore Monthly and building B2B partnerships currently
* Spearheading corporate relations and community management efforts while also working closely with technical teams to ensure that operational requirements and product changes are communicated effectively.
* Curating high-quality content and outreach to influencers, while also managing and mentoring team members to maximize their potential and foster an environment of growth and success.

LEADERSHIP ROLES AND POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY :

Department of Youth Capital:

* Volunteered at the Department of Youth Capital, in the Division of Student Welfare, where I contributed to office management tasks.
* Successfully handled all Public Relation requirements and ensured the smooth functioning of different teams.
* Effectively managed office management tasks, including data entry, scheduling, and organising events.
* Developed strong organisational skills and attention to detail while single-handedly managing office management responsibilities.
* Collaborated with other volunteers to ensure seamless execution of events and projects.
*Headed and Conducted North India's biggest fest Youthvibe as Head of Relations.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
somubarua13 wrote:
Please review my profile for Oxford (Said) and Cambridge (Judge Business School)

Demographics: Mumbai, India, Male, 24 yr.

Education: B.tech in Electronics and Communication, Lovely professional University( 2017 - 2021) with CGPA - 7.3
Class XII - 73.6% (MP Board, 2016-2017)
Class X - 7.3 CGPA (CBSE, 2015)

GMAT: My first attempt score is 710 (Verbal - 39, Quant - 48)

Work Experience - Total 3 yr ( 2 yr full time + 1 yr Internship)
* Started my career as Program Analyst Intern in Board Infinity(Edutech Startup) in May 2020(the final year of my B.tech).
* I worked as a program analyst for 6 months and got promoted after 6 months as associate program manager after the successful completion of multiple projects.
* In the year 2021 after a year of completion of my internship and college degree I got promoted to Category Manager, because I was a key member of the team during periods when the team was severely understaffed, always a top performer, automated lots of processes, responsible for multiple entities and for parts of the group consolidation.
* Currently, I am working as a senior category manager in Board Infinity itself as a core team member. Managing a team of 16 and handling 3-4 verticals in the organisation.
* Using advanced analytical tools and automated reports to track performance, and designing solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time against business needs.
* Resolving escalations and maintaining a process that reduces Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Turnaround Time (TAT)
* Planning and designing end-to-end workflows for cohorts and automating repetitive tasks using Zoho CRM, optimising operations to improve overall productivity and efficiency.
* Providing consultation to 1500+ customers across various domains, solving their problems and improving their overall experience.
* Handling P&L INR 4 Crore Monthly and building B2B partnerships currently
* Spearheading corporate relations and community management efforts while also working closely with technical teams to ensure that operational requirements and product changes are communicated effectively.
* Curating high-quality content and outreach to influencers, while also managing and mentoring team members to maximize their potential and foster an environment of growth and success.

LEADERSHIP ROLES AND POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY :

Department of Youth Capital:

* Volunteered at the Department of Youth Capital, in the Division of Student Welfare, where I contributed to office management tasks.
* Successfully handled all Public Relation requirements and ensured the smooth functioning of different teams.
* Effectively managed office management tasks, including data entry, scheduling, and organising events.
* Developed strong organisational skills and attention to detail while single-handedly managing office management responsibilities.
* Collaborated with other volunteers to ensure seamless execution of events and projects.
*Headed and Conducted North India's biggest fest Youthvibe as Head of Relations.

Though the GMAT/background are good, will need to understand your (post MBA) goals more and how Oxford will come into the picture to achieve them.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Judge, Said, and Bocconi Moderator
105 posts