GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 03:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Admissions Consulting: Five-Day Special for Hourly Services

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

09:00 PM PST

10:00 PM PST

There’s still time to enhance your resume, essays, and applications! Avanti Prep is offering Hourly Services for a flat rate of $175 per hour (no minimum) – a significantly below-market offer for one of the most well-regarded services available.
  • R1 Admission Decisions: Estimated Decision Timelines and Chat Links for Major BSchools

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

From Dec 5th onward, American programs will start releasing R1 decisions. Chat Rooms: We have also assigned chat rooms for every school so that applicants can stay in touch and exchange information/update during decision period.

Scheller FT (~$50k in aid)/PT vs Goizueta FT ($40k in aid)/PT($18k)

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.59
WE: Analyst (Retail)
GMAT ToolKit User
Scheller FT (~$50k in aid)/PT vs Goizueta FT ($40k in aid)/PT($18k)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2018, 13:47
Hi everybody, I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing the next couple years and I'm having a hard time determining what would be best.

Here's the situation:

27 y/o non-minority with 4 years of work experience in pricing, polisci degree from a directional school, living in Atlanta.

I've been admitted to Ga Tech Scheller with financial aid covering ~$50k of the $65k tuition. I also applied for PT, but the aid won't carry over.

I got accepted into Emory with $40k in aid for the $124k FT program.

They also gave me $18k for part time.

I'm leaning towards Scheller FT for the program cost and the career services of the school.

However, I'm nervous that I won't get as good of an ROI on a FT program as a PT.

Currently I'm at $86k at a retail company as a pricing and promotions analyst. I really like my job and work/life balance. As well, there would be opportunities for me here to rise post - MBA. However, they will not sponsor me to get an MBA

Going PT would forfeit the really good aid I got, but I think would represent the highest-floor possibility.

I'm not completely sold on what I'd like to do post-MBA if I go FT.

I'm debating between consulting, non-technical PM or general management. I'm actually hoping that an MBA will help expose me to different aspects of the business world that I might not even know I'm interested in.

Consulting at a MBB or even a tier below would definitely help me salary and career-wise at the expense of my work/life balance but I'm not sure how competitive I would even be in that realm.

So with that background info, are there any costs/benefits that I am overlooking in my decision-making?

Am I right in worrying that I might not see a significant salary increase post-MBA if I go FT?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Scheller FT (~$50k in aid)/PT vs Goizueta FT ($40k in aid)/PT($18k)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2018, 05:57
Gatoreagle72 wrote:
Hi everybody, I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing the next couple years and I'm having a hard time determining what would be best.

Here's the situation:

27 y/o non-minority with 4 years of work experience in pricing, polisci degree from a directional school, living in Atlanta.

I've been admitted to Ga Tech Scheller with financial aid covering ~$50k of the $65k tuition. I also applied for PT, but the aid won't carry over.

I got accepted into Emory with $40k in aid for the $124k FT program.

They also gave me $18k for part time.

I'm leaning towards Scheller FT for the program cost and the career services of the school.

However, I'm nervous that I won't get as good of an ROI on a FT program as a PT.

Currently I'm at $86k at a retail company as a pricing and promotions analyst. I really like my job and work/life balance. As well, there would be opportunities for me here to rise post - MBA. However, they will not sponsor me to get an MBA

Going PT would forfeit the really good aid I got, but I think would represent the highest-floor possibility.

I'm not completely sold on what I'd like to do post-MBA if I go FT.

I'm debating between consulting, non-technical PM or general management. I'm actually hoping that an MBA will help expose me to different aspects of the business world that I might not even know I'm interested in.

Consulting at a MBB or even a tier below would definitely help me salary and career-wise at the expense of my work/life balance but I'm not sure how competitive I would even be in that realm.

So with that background info, are there any costs/benefits that I am overlooking in my decision-making?

Am I right in worrying that I might not see a significant salary increase post-MBA if I go FT?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi Gatoreagle72

Congrats for both schools :thumbup:

FT MBA is a transformational experience. You should enter with confidence, knowing what you will gain from it. It is not uncommon that you do not know what jobs fits you. But during the study you will discover your interests. Emory is better a choice in this case as it is known for its consulting recruitment and general management positions. The career office is one of the best among other universities and very friendly as described by friend there. Although it is more expensive, it has a good ROI. You MUST check the career reports of both schools with salaries. You are in Atalanta then you have great privilege that others do not have. So, it is better to go visit the school and open communication with career office or you can walk-in at any time. Going there will give you full picture about your investment and jobs and range of salaries that help you pay your loan. Also, pay the same visit to GT and have same info and then compare what suits you.

Good luck
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Scheller FT (~$50k in aid)/PT vs Goizueta FT ($40k in aid)/PT($18k) &nbs [#permalink] 02 Dec 2018, 05:57

Scheller FT (~$50k in aid)/PT vs Goizueta FT ($40k in aid)/PT($18k)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap