GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 May 2019, 05:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Scored 380 advice

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Scored 380 advice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 04:52
test date 21 july 2017
verbal 21/27%
quant 21 / 7%
380 / 9%

AWA 3.0 / 5%
IR 1/ 0%
GPA 2.70
Undergrad B.COM finance 2012
Work experience Sales and Trading - Associate Equity/ Derivative Products

I have attached a copy of my GMAT report. I wanted advice as to what should be my course of direction. Really depressed with my GMAT score since I wanted to start my MBA this year. I have used Manhattan material I seem understand the concepts but fail to apply them during the tests. And I don't know if looking at other success stories would help as everyone's different.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Attachments

File comment: GMAT score report copy
Baig_Mirza_GMAT Report.pdf [86.63 KiB]
Downloaded 22 times

To download please login or register as a user

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Scored 380 advice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 19:03
Hi ahsangmat,

It's understandable that you would not be happy about this 380, but you have the opportunity to retake the Exam (and Business Schools generally do not care if you take the GMAT more than once). In addition, since you have now faced the Official GMAT, you can use that experience to better help you prepare for your next attempt.

Your first post does not provide a lot of information about how you studied - or your goals - so before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on your situation:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used?

Goals:
3) What is your goal score?
4) When are you planning to retake the GMAT?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.76
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2017, 04:31
ahsangmat wrote:
test date 21 july 2017
verbal 21/27%
quant 21 / 7%
380 / 9%

AWA 3.0 / 5%
IR 1/ 0%
GPA 2.70
Undergrad B.COM finance 2012
Work experience Sales and Trading - Associate Equity/ Derivative Products

I have attached a copy of my GMAT report. I wanted advice as to what should be my course of direction. Really depressed with my GMAT score since I wanted to start my MBA this year. I have used Manhattan material I seem understand the concepts but fail to apply them during the tests. And I don't know if looking at other success stories would help as everyone's different.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Do not worry...Make a plan that suits best to you.
Pick one topic of quant/verbal and study concepts.. Once done with concepts, attempt more than 30 questions relating to that topic. For example choose Number properties, study concepts and attempt questions related to this topic.
Once you are done with all topics, its time for Official guide, verbal quide and quant guide
You can use manhattan for quant, you can use gmatclub quant book and gmatclub tests..these helps me improve my score
For verbal i will suggest you to do atleast 5 Rc's daily
For CR, powerscore CR bible is best...you can attempt CR questions from gmatclub
For SC, i used Manhattan SC guide

Hope this will help you
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2017, 05:54
Knowing or Understanding the concepts is not the same as applying them in the questions or Tests but you already know that now. So, the Most Obvious course of action, I would suggest, is that everytime you read one concept, or two, practice 10 to 20 questions based on it. This will help you implement those rules, strategies, and tips. Since you have Manhattan's material, build up the concepts form there again, it is undoubtedly a good resource, and practice the questions from OG. Manhattan has gives the topic wise list of OG questions.

Please hit Kudos If my Solution helps

My Debrief for 750 - https://gmatclub.com/forum/from-720-to-750-one-of-the-most-difficult-pleatues-to-overcome-246420.html

My CR notes - https://gmatclub.com/forum/patterns-in-cr-questions-243450.html
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Scored 380 advice   [#permalink] 28 Jul 2017, 05:54

Scored 380 advice

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap