GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 13:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • $450 Tuition Credit & Official CAT Packs FREE

December 15, 2018

December 15, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Get the complete Official GMAT Exam Pack collection worth $100 with the 3 Month Pack ($299)
  • FREE Quant Workshop by e-GMAT!

December 16, 2018

December 16, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Get personalized insights on how to achieve your Target Quant Score.

Scored 380 on first Practicse Test

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Scored 380 on first Practicse Test  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 20:44
So without any prep and just going through basics of Quantitative, I attempted a practice test and scored a meager 380.

I am targeting for 700+ and have no exact deadline or date in mind for test. But hoping to take the test in next 4-6 months time frame.

Looking forward for some advice and help, how to start and do good on the exam?

Thank you for all the advice and help experts :)
CEO
CEO
P
GMAT: INSIGHT
WE: Education (Education)
Reviews Badge
Re: Scored 380 on first Practicse Test  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2018, 00:17
maverickfhs wrote:
So without any prep and just going through basics of Quantitative, I attempted a practice test and scored a meager 380.

I am targeting for 700+ and have no exact deadline or date in mind for test. But hoping to take the test in next 4-6 months time frame.

Now that you have taken a sample test to assess your current level, you must consistently prep for the test for about 2 months before taking any Mock test again.

The best way to start the preparation is to start the prep from the part that looks most appealing and most interesting to you.

If you think that Verbal interests you more then start with it from the official guide. There are various free online courses available so if you wish then you may refer to them as well.

If you think Quant interests you more then do the same with quant as well but please make sure that you are aware of the fact that the official guide doesn't represent the actual level of the GMAT exam which might be a little tougher than how Official Guide may represent it to be.

In case you are planning to take some expert advise then it would be very helpful as you will have both the direction and help to move forward.

Jump from 380 to 700 is very optimistic however nothing is a big obstacle of the roadmap is available and zeal to move in the right direction, with right efforts and with right attitude is present.

Hope things turn out to be in your favour soon. If you need a demo assessment then we might help you with a free demo sessions to help you understand weakness and a sound plan to work in the right direction.

Hope this helps!!!

Prosper!!!
GMATinsight
Bhoopendra Singh and Dr.Sushma Jha
e-mail: info@GMATinsight.com I Call us : +91-9999687183 / 9891333772
Online One-on-One Skype based classes and Classroom Coaching in South and West Delhi
http://www.GMATinsight.com/testimonials.html

ACCESS FREE GMAT TESTS HERE:22 ONLINE FREE (FULL LENGTH) GMAT CAT (PRACTICE TESTS) LINK COLLECTION

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT Date: 06-01-2012
GRE 1: Q780 V500
GPA: 3.44

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2018, 13:39
Jumping from 380 to 700 is going to take sometime. One thing to remember is 380 is not your actual capability. A lot of factors come in.Like, you know most of the stuff, but hard to recollect thing and you were nervous during the exam or you didnt utilize the timer properly. if these are the reasons, it would be much easier to move closer to 700. I would strongly suggest 3 months prep if you are aiming at 700.good luck
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 18:34
Top Contributor
maverickfhs wrote:

For the first few weeks of your studies, we recommend focused studying in each subsection.

With your score at 380 - it's somewhat secondary where you weakness is. In this situation, you can focus on SC first.

Why?

Because SC is all about sentence structure and meaning -- and better understanding sentence structure will help you to make better sense of the paragraphs and passages in CR and RC.

Once you do, say, 5 days in a row of studying ONLY SC -- then move onto the next section.

Also - before you go to bed, try to review what you learned that day - that will help your brain to retain what you learned.

Do it again when you wake up in the morning -- that way it keeps all the lessons you learned fresh in mind.

For a sample video, please see: http://www.gmatpill.com/sentencecorrect ... ythons.mp4

and

http://www.gmatpill.com/criticalreasoni ... Estate.mp4

http://www.gmatpill.com
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 18:53
Thanks very much all for your valuable input and expert advice.

For now, I am planning for 3-4 months preparation time.

Currently working on Quantitative section and then will start practice questions and combine it with Verbal.

I made some really silly mistakes and believe it or not, in quantitative, I still had 22-23 mins left, while I was done with it. Clearly means, I moved really quickly.
examPAL Representative
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 00:51
Hi,

Scoring a 700+ in 3 months time is definitely doable. Jumping from a 380 to a 700 will not be easy but if you do put in the hours and stay focused, again it is definitely something that can be accomplished. We actually wrote a blog on how to prepare for the GMAT in 30/60/90 days. Feel free to check it out:
http://exampal.com/gmat/blog/
http://exampal.com/gmat/blog/how-to-pre ... -3-months/

Simon
Instructor at examPAL
Signup for a free GMAT course

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Scored 380 on first Practicse Test &nbs [#permalink] 07 Mar 2018, 00:51

Scored 380 on first Practicse Test

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap