Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 372
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1988 [0]
Given Kudos: 751
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Scored a 720 - (Q50/V38) [#permalink]
Thank you so much for your response! My reason to do a MBA post PGDM is out of various factors including professional and personal both.

Thank you for the input on admission consultant forum. I think that would be the right way to do it. I really wished 720 was a good enough score but I have received a lot of reviews stating otherwise :(

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
amishibharti wrote:
Thank you so much for your response! My reason to do a MBA post PGDM is out of various factors including professional and personal both.

Thank you for the input on admission consultant forum. I think that would be the right way to do it. I really wished 720 was a good enough score but I have received a lot of reviews stating otherwise :(
I'd take the exam again if I were you, as there really is no downside (apart from the additional $250): minimum prep, and you always have the option to cancel your score.

720 may be good enough, but with practice test (GMATPrep?) scores like 750, 760, and 770, you are almost certainly capable of a better score on the actual GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
amishibharti wrote:

I'd take the exam again if I were you, as there really is no downside (apart from the additional $250): minimum prep, and you always have the option to cancel your score.

720 may be good enough, but with practice test (GMATPrep?) scores like 750, 760, and 770, you are almost certainly capable of a better score on the actual GMAT.

Hi,

Thank you for responding. Yes, the scores were from GMAT prep with full simulation along with the IR. I am waiting for my ESR so I can start the prep again. I am planning to apply to M7 schools so I guess a higher GMAT would be a good thing.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 372
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
Send PM
Scored a 720 - (Q50/V38) [#permalink]
amishibharti wrote:

Don't worry, 720 is indeed very good score as per your profile. What matter now is how good your profile actually is as compared to other good profiles. But still, you won't loose anything if you write it again. And if you're at 720 already, you can take it to 740 in a month or two, ie before application deadlines. Give it a try. At least one month.

All the best.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22049 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi amishibharti,

720 is a very nice GMAT score. That said, if you think you can improve your verbal score, and thus your overall score, it would not hurt to give the GMAT another shot. That said, before making any final decisions regarding your GMAT, you may want to reach out to one of the many admissions consultants here on GMAT Club.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot