Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 15 Jul 2019, 11:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Scored a 720 - (Q50/V38)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Aug 2014
Posts: 5
CAT Tests
Scored a 720 - (Q50/V38)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jun 2019, 08:30
Hi All,

I am an Indian Applicant - Female/Engineer from a National Institute of Technology/PGDM from the 4th best b school in India/ currently working as a consultant with a fortune 100 company. I gave GMAT after approx a month’s serious preparation and needless to say I was disappointed with my score, considering that I belong to the overrepresented pool. Anyways, my practice scores were pretty encouraging - 750/760/770/740 ( a day before the exam). The Quant was mostly in the 49-50 range and the verbal in 40-44 range.

I am planning to apply to M7 and INSEAD. And I really needed to understand if I should go for a retake as I really want to apply in Round 1.

I really appreciate your help! Thank you

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 12 Jan 2019
Posts: 236
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
Reviews Badge
Re: Scored a 720 - (Q50/V38)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jun 2019, 09:50
amishibharti wrote:
Hi All,

I am an Indian Applicant - Female/Engineer from a National Institute of Technology/PGDM from the 4th best b school in India/ currently working as a consultant with a fortune 100 company. I gave GMAT after approx a month’s serious preparation and needless to say I was disappointed with my score, considering that I belong to the overrepresented pool. Anyways, my practice scores were pretty encouraging - 750/760/770/740 ( a day before the exam). The Quant was mostly in the 49-50 range and the verbal in 40-44 range.

I am planning to apply to M7 and INSEAD. And I really needed to understand if I should go for a retake as I really want to apply in Round 1.

I really appreciate your help! Thank you

Posted from my mobile device



Though i consider you have very good score as well as profile, but there isn't any loss in writing GMAT again with 1-2 months of more prep.
Btw can you share your motivation behind MBA after PGDM?
_________________
In case my post helps you, please provide me with kudos. Thank you
Ask GMAT Experts Forum Moderator
User avatar
V
Status: Preparing for GMAT
Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 1027
Location: India
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Scored a 720 - (Q50/V38)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2019, 10:04
amishibharti wrote:
Hi All,

I am an Indian Applicant - Female/Engineer from a National Institute of Technology/PGDM from the 4th best b school in India/ currently working as a consultant with a fortune 100 company. I gave GMAT after approx a month’s serious preparation and needless to say I was disappointed with my score, considering that I belong to the overrepresented pool. Anyways, my practice scores were pretty encouraging - 750/760/770/740 ( a day before the exam). The Quant was mostly in the 49-50 range and the verbal in 40-44 range.

I am planning to apply to M7 and INSEAD. And I really needed to understand if I should go for a retake as I really want to apply in Round 1.

I really appreciate your help! Thank you

Posted from my mobile device


Hi
First of all, congrats on a good score. I consider 720 as a good score and retest may not be required.
As you have already PGDM from one of the best bschool in India, I think you already have a good profile and should be ready for applications.
For detailed info, you can post in the Ask admission Consultants forum of Gmatclub.
_________________
Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Aug 2014
Posts: 5
CAT Tests
Re: Scored a 720 - (Q50/V38)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2019, 11:40
Thank you so much for your response! My reason to do a MBA post PGDM is out of various factors including professional and personal both.

Thank you for the input on admission consultant forum. I think that would be the right way to do it. I really wished 720 was a good enough score but I have received a lot of reviews stating otherwise :(

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
User avatar
V
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 2844
Location: India
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: Scored a 720 - (Q50/V38)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2019, 20:43
amishibharti wrote:
Thank you so much for your response! My reason to do a MBA post PGDM is out of various factors including professional and personal both.

Thank you for the input on admission consultant forum. I think that would be the right way to do it. I really wished 720 was a good enough score but I have received a lot of reviews stating otherwise :(
I'd take the exam again if I were you, as there really is no downside (apart from the additional $250): minimum prep, and you always have the option to cancel your score.

720 may be good enough, but with practice test (GMATPrep?) scores like 750, 760, and 770, you are almost certainly capable of a better score on the actual GMAT.
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Aug 2014
Posts: 5
CAT Tests
Re: Scored a 720 - (Q50/V38)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2019, 20:47
AjiteshArun wrote:
amishibharti wrote:
Thank you so much for your response! My reason to do a MBA post PGDM is out of various factors including professional and personal both.

Thank you for the input on admission consultant forum. I think that would be the right way to do it. I really wished 720 was a good enough score but I have received a lot of reviews stating otherwise :(
I'd take the exam again if I were you, as there really is no downside (apart from the additional $250): minimum prep, and you always have the option to cancel your score.

720 may be good enough, but with practice test (GMATPrep?) scores like 750, 760, and 770, you are almost certainly capable of a better score on the actual GMAT.


Hi,

Thank you for responding. Yes, the scores were from GMAT prep with full simulation along with the IR. I am waiting for my ESR so I can start the prep again. I am planning to apply to M7 schools so I guess a higher GMAT would be a good thing.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 12 Jan 2019
Posts: 236
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
Reviews Badge
Scored a 720 - (Q50/V38)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2019, 11:24
amishibharti wrote:
Thank you so much for your response! My reason to do a MBA post PGDM is out of various factors including professional and personal both.

Thank you for the input on admission consultant forum. I think that would be the right way to do it. I really wished 720 was a good enough score but I have received a lot of reviews stating otherwise :(

Posted from my mobile device



Don't worry, 720 is indeed very good score as per your profile. What matter now is how good your profile actually is as compared to other good profiles. But still, you won't loose anything if you write it again. And if you're at 720 already, you can take it to 740 in a month or two, ie before application deadlines. Give it a try. At least one month.

All the best.
Target Test Prep Representative
User avatar
D
Status: Founder & CEO
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Joined: 14 Oct 2015
Posts: 6923
Location: United States (CA)
Re: Scored a 720 - (Q50/V38)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2019, 18:28
Hi amishibharti,

720 is a very nice GMAT score. That said, if you think you can improve your verbal score, and thus your overall score, it would not hurt to give the GMAT another shot. That said, before making any final decisions regarding your GMAT, you may want to reach out to one of the many admissions consultants here on GMAT Club.

Good luck!
_________________

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Scored a 720 - (Q50/V38)   [#permalink] 19 Jun 2019, 18:28
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Scored a 720 - (Q50/V38)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne