Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:33 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Economics, Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: SDA Bocconi Class of 2015 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
People, thank you for the inputs and providing some boundaries around the admission process. I have a Skype interview on 3rd May and will share my experience soon.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sahil2483 wrote:
People, thank you for the inputs and providing some boundaries around the admission process. I have a Skype interview on 3rd May and will share my experience soon.

That's cool Sahil! Wish you good luck, I'm sure you'll make it through!

Fingers crossed! :wink:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks David, all geared up for the big day!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So, I had the interview over the weekend. The drill was standard, why mba, why now, specializations, why Italy, career aspirations, emotional decisions at workplace, strengths and weakness etc. The interviewer also mentioned that she's an external SME hired by Bocconi do conduct these and have not seen my application as such.

The waiting period is on at my side to, hope it has a positive outcome.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Inbetween, anyone else received a confirmation?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sahil2483 wrote:
So, I had the interview over the weekend. The drill was standard, why mba, why now, specializations, why Italy, career aspirations, emotional decisions at workplace, strengths and weakness etc. The interviewer also mentioned that she's an external SME hired by Bocconi do conduct these and have not seen my application as such.

The waiting period is on at my side to, hope it has a positive outcome.

Nice to read your impressions, sahil, I'm sure future applicants will be thankful for your recap!
In the meantime, why don't you share something about your background with us? :)
After all, you're going to join our community very soon! :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Thanks a lot guys...I am having a Skype Interview with Mrs.Brunner tomorrow (6th May). Will post my experience once the Interview gets over. Any last minute tips?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks David, hope it goes as you say :)
On my profile, I have 7 years work experience in consulting and business development. I have worked in Telecom, IT, FMCG and Retail sectors but with limited travel abroad. This would be my second MBA and have earlier pursued a comp. engineering degree followed by a MBA in Marketing & IT( all pre experience).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sahil..what was your reason for applying to SDA?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rakave wrote:
Thanks a lot guys...I am having a Skype Interview with Mrs.Brunner tomorrow (6th May). Will post my experience once the Interview gets over. Any last minute tips?

Rakave, I believe you can skim through this thread and find the information you need to ace the interview :)
Just be self-confident, be ready to engage your interviewer and provide as much detail as you can about what you're claiming (e.g., if you want to say that your extracurriculars are out of this world, just try to prove it with examples). Apart from that, dress properly (doesn't matter if it is Skype or in person interview) and be polite. Try to show that you've done your research about the School, that you know them at least as much as they know you.

And of course, good luck and let us know your impressions! :wink:

Nice to hear that so many applicants are going through their interview!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DavideGMAT wrote:
rakave wrote:

Rakave, I believe you can skim through this thread and find the information you need to ace the interview :)
Just be self-confident, be ready to engage your interviewer and provide as much detail as you can about what you're claiming (e.g., if you want to say that your extracurriculars are out of this world, just try to prove it with examples). Apart from that, dress properly (doesn't matter if it is Skype or in person interview) and be polite. Try to show that you've done your research about the School, that you know them at least as much as they know you.

And of course, good luck and let us know your impressions! :wink:

Nice to hear that so many applicants are going through their interview!

Thanks a ton David! Appreciate it! Lets hope things go smoothly. Also, I was given an Admission into HEC Paris...I am still sitting on the fence between HEC and SDA....I guess I will take a stand after the SDA interview. :) Is Italian Mandatory at SDA?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rakave wrote:
Is Italian Mandatory at SDA?

That's a good question, that might be useful for other applicants as well. The answer is that no, MBA students at SDA Bocconi do not have to master Italian. The program is entirely taught in English, and one can happily make it through having some good knowledge of his/her mother language, plus English. Things change if you want to pursue your post-MBA career in Italy. If that's the case, then a fair knowledge of Italian is recommended - perhaps finance and management consulting are not as interested in that as other fields.
So, long story short: as long as you don't plan to work in Italy after your MBA, you're perfectly fine without Italian skills.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello everyone!! Nice to see the SDA group thread. I applied for the MIHMEP program and also gave the interview a week ago.. Dint hear from them yet.. How many days would they normally take to give the final decision!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi bhrugu4u,

nice to meet you :)
Unfortunately this is a thread for MBA applicants/students, so it is unlikely that you will find information about other masters here...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
DavideGMAT wrote:
Hi bhrugu4u,

Unfortunately this is a thread for MBA applicants/students, so it is unlikely that you will find information about other masters here...

Oh.. thats fine.. If i make it to SDA then I can get familiarized with the people in the group who are goin to the school and make new friends!! :lol: .. Generally how many days would SDA take to announce the final result? be it masters or MBA?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bhrugu4u wrote:
DavideGMAT wrote:
Hi bhrugu4u,

Oh.. thats fine.. If i make it to SDA then I can get familiarized with the people in the group who are goin to the school and make new friends!! :lol: .. Generally how many days would SDA take to announce the final result? be it masters or MBA?

For MBA admissions, I'd say it might be around 2-3 weeks, but the adcoms usually take into account specific aspects for each applicant (for instance, you might have a deadline approaching very fast and want to get an early decision).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
:Any news or updates with anyone? Staring at mid may, shouldn't they be coming out final list and calls?
Or is this also a part of admission process to check our patience and composure :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts