Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Sloan 2012 - Calling MBA All Applicants [#permalink]
i got an invite to interview in HK. slots were for March 12-13. i am an applicant from the Philippines.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
dairong wrote:
Quote:
Can you let us know how many slots were available, and how many were filled up in SFO?

There are 14 slots (out of 40) still available in SFO.

thanks, dairong. When are the interviews going to be held? I am trying to get an idea of how much time is left - the fewer the no of days left, the lesser the probability of them increasing the no of slots. :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any european candidates have received invitation for interview?
Aringo Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
My status still says submitted, not even in the near of being under review ?

However, some people get invitations, strange !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Tuck '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Any Latam invites? I saw a couple 2 weeks ago, but I'm not sure if that was it. Please add some comments...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
To those that got the interview: Was your status ever changed to "under review" from "submitted" or was it a direct jump from submitted?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
tatata82 wrote:
Any Latam invites? I saw a couple 2 weeks ago, but I'm not sure if that was it. Please add some comments...

I got one on Monday, but I am based in the US.
Citizenship: Argentina
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
alucius wrote:
To those that got the interview: Was your status ever changed to "under review" from "submitted" or was it a direct jump from submitted?

No, my status has remained as "Submitted" and subsequent communication about interviews were through email.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q42 V43
GPA: 3.29
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
Invited to interview. So excited!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Kudos
sashka0016 wrote:

Congrats!!!!

Good luck to all R2-ers! The people I've met so far from R1 admits have proven to be absolutely fantastic, so I can't wait to double our numbers with superstars from R2 :)

Also, I want to correct a myth that's circulating on BTG. I'm not logged in there (prefer GC for the better interface!) but I know there's a lot of overlap users. At AdMIT weekend, Rod Garcia did indeed share that the R1 admitted students' average GMAT was 750. This was confirmed later on when several students approached him later on. 140-ish people did not mistakenly hear 715. I know I was definitely shocked and initially thought someone made an erroneous calculation. He says they hesitated sharing this number since they do NOT want to deter applicants, and it usually drops with R2. I'm guessing the overall year is going to be around 725.

Also, some other fun facts to share (I know I would have been dying to know these numbers as an applicant since I love numbers). About 4000 applicants applied for R1 alone. This could mean Sloan is approaching the biggest applicant pool they've ever had, since last year was about 4800. More people could also just be applying for R1. About 325 were accepted, making the acceptance rate about 8%. There were ~140 present at AdMIT weekend, so about 43% of admits. I'm not sure if that includes significant others though.

Now I wonder if Sloan is going to see the historical ~50% offer acceptance rate from admitted students.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Have any Middle Eastern applicants received interview invites yet? Are there any hub interviews slated for M.E.? Thanks a lot!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats to all admitted students.

Have not seen any interviews for R2 from Chicagoland area.
Anyone from he midwest hear anything?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
rattle316 wrote:
Have not seen any interviews for R2 from Chicagoland area.
Anyone from he midwest hear anything?

No news here.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
purpleshirt wrote:
sashka0016 wrote:

Congrats!!!!

Good luck to all R2-ers! The people I've met so far from R1 admits have proven to be absolutely fantastic, so I can't wait to double our numbers with superstars from R2 :)

Also, I want to correct a myth that's circulating on BTG. I'm not logged in there (prefer GC for the better interface!) but I know there's a lot of overlap users. At AdMIT weekend, Rod Garcia did indeed share that the R1 admitted students' average GMAT was 750. This was confirmed later on when several students approached him later on. 140-ish people did not mistakenly hear 715. I know I was definitely shocked and initially thought someone made an erroneous calculation. He says they hesitated sharing this number since they do NOT want to deter applicants, and it usually drops with R2. I'm guessing the overall year is going to be around 725.

Also, some other fun facts to share (I know I would have been dying to know these numbers as an applicant since I love numbers). About 4000 applicants applied for R1 alone. This could mean Sloan is approaching the biggest applicant pool they've ever had, since last year was about 4800. More people could also just be applying for R1. About 325 were accepted, making the acceptance rate about 8%. There were ~140 present at AdMIT weekend, so about 43% of admits. I'm not sure if that includes significant others though.

Now I wonder if Sloan is going to see the historical ~50% offer acceptance rate from admitted students.

Congrats on your invites and admission, both of you! 325 people are accepted in round 1 and the total class size itself is 401.. considering a very high yield, I feel heart broken!! Truly hoping I will get an interview invite.. just one!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
mba201209 wrote:
purpleshirt wrote:
sashka0016 wrote:

...Rod Garcia did indeed share that the R1 admitted students' average GMAT was 750....About 4000 applicants applied for R1 alone...About 325 were accepted, making the acceptance rate about 8%...

Congrats on your invites and admission, both of you! 325 people are accepted in round 1 and the total class size itself is 401.. considering a very high yield, I feel heart broken!! Truly hoping I will get an interview invite.. just one!

Agreed. While it's good to hear some facts, those are pretty terrifying numbers for anyone still holding out hope for an interview (which included me until now). I'm a little shocked they filled so many seats in the first round, but with so many round 1 applicants it's understandable. I wouldn't be surprised to see another 3k applicants in R2, which could mean an even lower acceptance rate. If anyone is holding out hope for a 3rd round application, might want to save your $250 and apply in R1 next year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is Singapore one of the interview hub?
Any ppl from Singapore heard angthing, be it interview or ding?
The silient waiting is just toooooo much...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Quote:
Agreed. While it's good to hear some facts, those are pretty terrifying numbers for anyone still holding out hope for an interview (which included me until now). I'm a little shocked they filled so many seats in the first round, but with so many round 1 applicants it's understandable. I wouldn't be surprised to see another 3k applicants in R2, which could mean an even lower acceptance rate. If anyone is holding out hope for a 3rd round application, might want to save your $250 and apply in R1 next year.

This is not meant to scare or deter anyone! Sorry!! Like I mentioned at the end, their yield is usually 50%. So accepting 325 students totally makes sense since only 150 or so will matriculate. This sounds low but many people I met at the admit weekend were still on the fence. For many others, it comes down to scholarship money too, which Sloan approaches differently. Chances for R2 are still good!

On that note, FYI for those who have been asking about $$, someone from the admitted students google groups called the admissions office and they are working on sending out scholarship info next week. There's so many communication vehicles - GC, GG, FB, Linkedin - I know I'm bound to miss something!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  45   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts