Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
Linnea777 wrote:
Agree! Saw that a few of you are coming to Sthlm for the meeting on May 6. Would be cool to plan something more informal after the event :D

pahet wrote:
If the fb groups are really only going to be opened in June I'd like to motivate Laura again to open a preliminary group for us. ;)
br

My profile:
Admitted to Msc in Econ
Bsc in Business Adm from average Swedish uni
Avg grade B
GMAT 710 (Q49 V39)
Lots of extracurriculars & some (non related) job experience during studies
Been working in International Affairs for the past year.

I probably won't be able to attend the event in Sthlm :(
Anyway, I also support the idea to open up a preliminary fb group in order to have a first opportunity to contact each other and then we can all switch to the 'official' group(s)!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
timtam wrote:
Linnea777 wrote:
Agree! Saw that a few of you are coming to Sthlm for the meeting on May 6. Would be cool to plan something more informal after the event :D

pahet wrote:
If the fb groups are really only going to be opened in June I'd like to motivate Laura again to open a preliminary group for us. ;)
br

My profile:
Admitted to Msc in Econ
Avg grade B
GMAT 710 (Q49 V39)

Anyway, I also support the idea to open up a preliminary fb group in order to have a first opportunity to contact each other and then we can all switch to the 'official' group(s)!

I have now opened a group on Facebook, anyone who wants to join - feel free to do so :)

As you said, we can just switch to the official group once it's up
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
LauraAUT wrote:
timtam wrote:
pahet wrote:
br

My profile:
Admitted to Msc in Econ
Avg grade B
GMAT 710 (Q49 V39)

I have now opened a group on Facebook, anyone who wants to join - feel free to do so :)

As you said, we can just switch to the official group once it's up[/quote]

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1423546897939895/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Those of you who was rejected, where are you going instead? Or are you planning to re-apply next year instead?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,
Congrats on making it through.
And did any of you get a separate letter regarding the tuition fees or something else besides the letter (after you clicked apply) ? Cause i havent gotten anything besides the letter

thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MKiing wrote:
Hey guys,
Congrats on making it through.
And did any of you get a separate letter regarding the tuition fees or something else besides the letter (after you clicked apply) ? Cause i havent gotten anything besides the letter

thanks

Haven't received anything either. Been waiting for it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
blocket wrote:
Those of you who was rejected, where are you going instead? Or are you planning to re-apply next year instead?

I got rejected. And I couldn't be happier for it. I received an Offer for MIT MFE. So yeah F*** YOU SSE ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
GoldmanSachs012 wrote:
blocket wrote:

I got rejected. And I couldn't be happier for it. I received an Offer for MIT MFE. So yeah F*** YOU SSE ;)

i'm sure you're a huge loss for the SSE
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GoldmanSachs012 wrote:
blocket wrote:

You got accepted for a program that doesn't exist?
Or do you mean the MFin cash cow that costs 75,000 USD to attend?
Also, what sort of profile do you have that you got rejected from SSE but accepted into MIT? SSE's not that much of a crapshoot.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MFin, sorry didn't mean to be rude.. Just wanted to show how arbitrary these admissions can be:

Profile:
Undergrad at Duke University in econ 3.9/4.0
GRE: 167 Q, 165 V
1 year experience at a BB in S&T
And a few volunt. work.

Main objective of applying to SSE was to break through in Europe- change of scenery. But I think MIT will open some doors too- or i hope soo..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GoldmanSachs012 wrote:
MFin, sorry didn't mean to be rude.. Just wanted to show how arbitrary these admissions can be:

Profile:
Undergrad at Duke University in econ 3.9/4.0
GRE: 167 Q, 165 V
1 year experience at a BB in S&T
And a few volunt. work.

Main objective of applying to SSE was to break through in Europe- change of scenery. But I think MIT will open some doors too- or i hope soo..

No offense taken. Seems pretty crazy that SSE rejected you, that's a really strong profile. Did you meet the 15 ECTS in Finance requirement for the program? That might've been the reason for the ding, schools can be pretty uptight about that sort of stuff. Otherwise, I can't really see how they said no. SSE finance's GRE average is 163 and the GMAT is 695 - not exactly so high that they can pick and choose whoever they want.

Anyways, good luck with MIT's finance. I'm doing my applications next year, and it's unfortunately a bit too pricey for me, especially when there are schools like Norwegian School of Economics that have solid placements within Norway and charge zero tuition. That being said, MIT definitely seems to have good placements, so it should open doors. You might even have a chance to snag a job in HK/Singapore/London with MIT's name if you're still interested in that change of scenario. How come you're headed to a Masters in Finance when you're already in industry, though?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey, I'm a management consultant in Asian country who works for global consultancy..
I'm planning to apply for the master program of SSE and also SBS(Stockholm Business School)
and I'm worring becuase my GMAT score is not that good (640/Quant:50, and I'm not considering MBA programs in Stockholm)
I heard that SSE evaluates students with multifle factors (such as CV, motivation, GPA), but SBS only accepts GMAT score except for TOEFL.
Anybody knows that SBS's GMAT average minimum score level or its specific selection process?
Would it be ok to submit other stuffs that SSE requires or should I submit GMAT report only?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,

I am attending the assessment center for the International Business/CEMS program at SSE next week. Has anyone of you interviewed for this program or any other at SSE and can give men an indication about what to prepare for, I am not sure what to expect.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts