Last visit was: 23 Jul 2024, 13:23 It is currently 23 Jul 2024, 13:23
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 28 Aug 2014
Posts: 25
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 15 Oct 2014
Posts: 2
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 Jun 2014
Posts: 42
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 Jun 2014
Posts: 42
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
ekonomistudent wrote:
Hey,

perhaps you can help me with a question I haven't been able to find an answer to. I am also applying for an MSc at SSE this autumn.
I can't find any information regarding the latest date to write the GMAT, is it January the 15th even though that is the application deadline?

Would be grateful for some answers :-D Thanks in advance!


I only know that it would be enough to submit the unofficial score by nov 15th for the first round, cause i asked the admission office. Just email them, they usually reply within 2 days.
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 28 Aug 2014
Posts: 25
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
lou34 wrote:
I am also applying for msc finance at sse. I actually already submitted my application yesterday. But my chances are very slime since I screwed up the verbal part of the gmat, 610 (Q45, V29) My last hope is that they focus on the quant score.
What are your backgrounds?
I am also wondering if the chances of acceptance are higher if you apply until november 15th?!
Do you know If I could re-apply in the second round if I retook the gmat in december?


Not so relevant background, 27.6/30 in best italian business school (Bocconi), good results in sports and private lessons to earn a few money!
I don't know if there are more chances to be admitted in the first session but I'm sure (since I asked them) you can apply also for the second session with a better gmat!
I will complete my application in these days, I hope to get in!!
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 Jun 2014
Posts: 42
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
jumper93 wrote:
lou34 wrote:
I am also applying for msc finance at sse. I actually already submitted my application yesterday. But my chances are very slime since I screwed up the verbal part of the gmat, 610 (Q45, V29) My last hope is that they focus on the quant score.
What are your backgrounds?
I am also wondering if the chances of acceptance are higher if you apply until november 15th?!
Do you know If I could re-apply in the second round if I retook the gmat in december?


Not so relevant background, 27.6/30 in best italian business school (Bocconi), good results in sports and private lessons to earn a few money!
I don't know if there are more chances to be admitted in the first session but I'm sure (since I asked them) you can apply also for the second session with a better gmat!
I will complete my application in these days, I hope to get in!!


I think you'll have a good shot. whats your overall gmat score? I am really hoping that a higher quant score could make up for a lower overall score.
The only problem is, even if you can apply for the second round, that they release the results only before christmas, so you'd probably only have about 3 weeks to retake the gmat
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 Jun 2014
Posts: 42
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
Do you guys think I'll have any chance for the MSc in Finance?
My profile:
"GPA": 1.6, (with grades 1 (best), 2, 3, 4, 5 (worst)) ; among the top 1% of all students at my uni (i think my uni is very likely to be known by the SSE admission office, but its not one of the top schools in Europe)
Corporate finance internship at a big 4 company
2 merit-based scholarships
Exchange semester in Asia + 2 other foreign experiences (language schools in the US and France)
GMAT: 610 (Q45, V29 ://); AWA: 6.0 IR: 5
TOEFL: 107 (R:23, S:29, W:28, L:27)

My verbal score just sucks! I am sure I could do better, but I am so tired of studying because I prepared for my first try for quite a long time and for some stupid reason I only focused on quant. I also had to study while working full-time, which is why I want to avoid re-taking the GMAT if possible because it just stresses me out too much..
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 Jun 2014
Posts: 42
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
Btw is it easier to get into Accounting & Financial Management than MSc Finance at SSE? I listed Accounting as my second choice...
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 28 Aug 2014
Posts: 25
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
I have just applied!
Can you tell me how to know the application status? I have beent sent an automatic email saying that my application has been submitted, but I don't know where to check if they have accepted or rejected me!
Moreover, I hope to have included everything in my application, do you know if they will write me something like "ok, that's everything we need to evaluate your profile"?

Thank you very much!!
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 15 Nov 2014
Posts: 1
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
Hey!
I submitted my application yesterday for MSc Finance, Corporate Finance specialization.
My profile is
    GMAT: 730 % 50Q & 40V, IELTS 8
    Bachelor in Business Studies (Finance) from India. Dont know about GPA conversion.
    Internship in M&A at one of the Big 4 Companies
    No Work Ex
    Average Extra Curricular Activites
    1-2 Merit based scholarships

I have also only received a mail reading 'Your Application has been submitted'
I dont know whether applying right now was an advantage.
Please post incase you receive any updates on your apps, interview calls?
I will too.
Best of Luck! :)
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 28 Aug 2014
Posts: 25
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
anooshasaklani26 wrote:
Hey!
I submitted my application yesterday for MSc Finance, Corporate Finance specialization.
My profile is
    GMAT: 730 % 50Q & 40V, IELTS 8
    Bachelor in Business Studies (Finance) from India. Dont know about GPA conversion.
    Internship in M&A at one of the Big 4 Companies
    No Work Ex
    Average Extra Curricular Activites
    1-2 Merit based scholarships

I have also only received a mail reading 'Your Application has been submitted'
I dont know whether applying right now was an advantage.
Please post incase you receive any updates on your apps, interview calls?
I will too.
Best of Luck! :)


Oh, my chances to get in are lowering with your application :(
Of course, let each other know in this post!
Good luck!
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 28 Aug 2014
Posts: 25
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
jumper93 wrote:
anooshasaklani26 wrote:
Hey!
I submitted my application yesterday for MSc Finance, Corporate Finance specialization.
My profile is
    GMAT: 730 % 50Q & 40V, IELTS 8
    Bachelor in Business Studies (Finance) from India. Dont know about GPA conversion.
    Internship in M&A at one of the Big 4 Companies
    No Work Ex
    Average Extra Curricular Activites
    1-2 Merit based scholarships

I have also only received a mail reading 'Your Application has been submitted'
I dont know whether applying right now was an advantage.
Please post incase you receive any updates on your apps, interview calls?
I will too.
Best of Luck! :)


Oh, my chances to get in are lowering with your application :(
Of course, let each other know in this post!
Good luck!


Is SSE your first choice?
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
I applied yesterday and receveid the same email, I assume it is an advantage just for the fact that we should have at least two chances...
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 28 Aug 2014
Posts: 25
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
Pekerman wrote:
I applied yesterday and receveid the same email, I assume it is an advantage just for the fact that we should have at least two chances...


It's possible of course!
Let's keep in touch!

Posted from my mobile device
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 20 Nov 2014
Posts: 30
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
Hey guys,

I am applying as well for the 2015 intake, but only in january. My first choice is economics, since thats my undergraduate subject. My second choice would be finance.

Profile:

Bachelor of Science Degree (Graduation date - Feb 2015) in Economics from a Top5 university in Germany (which ranks Top100 worldwide).

Gpa: 2,0 ( Thats German - I dont know how that translates to int. standards, but LSE accepts German students up to 2,2 whereby 1,0 is the best you can achieve).

Gmat 650 (Q: 44, V: 35, AWA: 4,5, IR: 7/8)
Toefl: 108

One Erasmus exchange term in Oslo.

And one IB internship in research.

What do you guys think about my chances to get in?
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 28 Nov 2014
Posts: 6
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
.

Originally posted by LauraAUT on 28 Nov 2014, 13:55.
Last edited by LauraAUT on 03 Mar 2016, 01:20, edited 1 time in total.
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 28 Aug 2014
Posts: 25
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
Have you received any news?
When do you think SSE will let us know something about eventual interviews?
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 20 Nov 2014
Posts: 30
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
I haven't heard anything but I applied for the 15th january. What are your other choices?
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 28 Aug 2014
Posts: 25
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
Blacchollywood wrote:
I haven't heard anything but I applied for the 15th january. What are your other choices?


I think Lse and Hec, but it would be good to heard from SSE before applying there!
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
i remember they said only that results will come by the end of December, but that's pretty vague
GMAT Club Bot
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) Application 2015 [#permalink]
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3128 posts