GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 04:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Strategy for last weeks for gmat

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: LBS '18, IE April '17
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
Reviews Badge
Strategy for last weeks for gmat [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2017, 01:47
Hi,

I am planning to take my exam by end of this month but haven't booked the appointment yet. Have used mostly all official resources (OG REVIEW, QUANT AND VERBAL REVIEW) and almost done with all. Apart from this took manhattan mocks really early in my preparation just to find out weaknesses and work on them. Had also worked on gmatclub tests (5-6) mostly getting Q45 or 42-45. Now days using veritas and gmat prep CATs. Got 650 and 640 (Q48 in both V32/30 respectively). Recently bought GMATPREP Question Bank and did 1 set of quant section (37 ques).
Kindly suggest what strategy needs to be followed for these upcoming days leading to the exam to maximise my score and reach my target of 700-750.

Apart from this just noticed that in my gmatprep 1 CAT could not manage time well and had gotten all the last 10 questions wrong in quant and 7 questions wrong in verbal. Had compared the questions with gmatclub and found that 15 questions in quant that i got were 700 level or above questions. Kindly suggest where and how I can manage attempting the section to get to my target.

Give kudos and appreciate if you think its worthwhile

Expert Post
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
D
GMAT 1: 800 Q59 V59
GPA: 3.82
Re: Strategy for last weeks for gmat [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2017, 08:59
Hi kreel11,

No worries!
You can surely hit at least 49 or above just like 90% of our students as long as you follow our study guide properly​.
The best score combination to hit 700 would be Q49 and V35.​ To hit 740-750, your score should be Q49-50 and V40-42. ​

Please note that mock test scores tend to be higher than actual GMAT scores and we don't recommend for our members to solely rely on mock test scores. That is, the high scores you got from the practice tests might be lower on actual GMAT.

​Based on your information, you have been studying GMAT for long using many difference resources.
We assume that you are good at basic math skills.​

Since GMAT takers are busy for their work and don't have enough time to study, you don't need to learn all about general math skills including the ones that don't appear on actual exam.
We teach 'must-know' math skills that are required for GMAT math. We don't teach something else. ​

In fact, GMAT Math is logic math test, rather than math skill test. You should learn 'logic' to hit your target score. ​If you solve math in conventional ways, it is difficult to complete solve 37 questions in 75 minutes. Your score might be stuck at 46-47 level, although you study for long. ​​​

It seems like you need to learn CMT(Common Mistake Types), along with the method of Variable approach. With our unique approaches of ​Variable approach for DS and IVY approach for PS, you can significantly save time, and will have 10 minutes to spare on exam.

For instance, with our approaches​, you can solve questions that normally take 4 minutes in 1 minutes and 30 seconds, and 2-minute question in 30 seconds. Also, You can solve DS questions 100% with Variable approach and 30-40% of PS questions with IVY approach.

If you would like to try our approaches, Please try Trial Pack (4 hour lesson) that reveal our secret approaches of DS+PS core theory that you have never seen. You can test whether you like them or not before you enroll.

Based on your practice test scores, you have good math skills but lack extra skills to hit a high score. Since you got the last 10 questions, that means you are relatively weak in 700+ level questions. In your case, we would like recommend taking Short-Cut 51 to fully understand the approaches, especially CMT to hit 49-51. Also, a number of students aiming at hitting 49-51 subscribe 700+ level questions, along with the online course. You can find out more information from the link as follows: http://www.mathrevolution.com/gmat/700level

Additionally, the below are useful articles featured in GMAT Club for your reference. This will be helpful for you.

Ultimate Q51 Gudie http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-ultimate- ... 09801.html
· Most Updated Math Trend : http://gmatclub.com/forum/overview-of-g ... 11809.html

Also, we would like to share the link below.
This is not testimonial but just comments of our students' real voice after they take an exam.
http://gmatclub.com/forum/math-revoluti ... 24118.html
You can also do the same if you study with us!

Come visit our website for further information!
www.mathrevolution.com

Happy Studying!

Jin
Math Revolution

MathRevolution: Finish GMAT Quant Section with 10 minutes to spare
The one-and-only World’s First Variable Approach for DS and IVY Approach for PS with ease, speed and accuracy.
"Only $99 for 3 month Online Course"
"Free Resources-30 day online access & Diagnostic Test"
"Unlimited Access to over 120 free video lessons - try it yourself"

Re: Strategy for last weeks for gmat   [#permalink] 17 Mar 2017, 08:59

Strategy for last weeks for gmat

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR JUNE
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap