GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2018, 08:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Surgery before MBA - How rigorous is an MBA program?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.61
Surgery before MBA - How rigorous is an MBA program?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 04:33
Hi GMATclub members,

I'm in an extremely weird position having had ACL surgery 2 months back and in the process of paying my fees for a top15 FT MBA programme in the UK. The surgery restricts a lot of movement, however I'm able to walk with a brace as much as I want. Climbing stairs, running and bicycling is an issue.

I'm really curious if anyone has gone through this experience. I know business school is extremely rigorous, but how rigorous is it physically? Do you have to move a lot? Activity wise, I should be in a decent position 2 months after joining the school, but the rehab process is long and any major physical activity (sports, etc.) is out of question.

I'm thinking of asking for a deferral from the school, but the problem is I'm already 32 and even if they grant me deferral, I'll be 33 by the time I graduate.

Any advice?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Surgery before MBA - How rigorous is an MBA program?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 13:08
Hi and sorry to hear about your medication situation.

Usually bschool is NOT a physically strenuous experience. In fact, many wish it would be so that it would force them to workout more and spend less time with books and couped up in team meetings. There are however, a few events that do require some physical abilities - usually during the orientation week there are some group activities, which you can just watch from sidelines - I think that should not be an issue as they will find you a job one way or another.

Otherwise, the only other things you may have to do is show up for classes and attend networking events (some travel). That's about as strenous as it gets.

I would email the school and ask for their advice. Granted that we don't know which program you are headed to, they may have a better perspective/view of the situation and will be able to advise you better but it should not preclude you from starting this year, I would guess.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Re: Surgery before MBA - How rigorous is an MBA program? &nbs [#permalink] 27 Aug 2018, 13:08

Surgery before MBA - How rigorous is an MBA program?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap