GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Aug 2019, 13:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Targeting 740 !

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Targeting 740 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2019, 12:07
Hi,
I am in a fix and need some urgent help.
I have been preparing for the GMAT for the past 5-6 months now . However, my latest mock has only touched a 620(Q 48,V 27), which is well below my target score . The problem is although i am not totally prepared for the test, i want to give it a go this month end beacause i will not be free for the upcoming 2-3 months due to work and other personal reasons. I am not in favour of breaking the on going rythm . But i dont seem to see any improvement in my score despite my continous effort.

I am not really sure what to do as of now .
Also i know i have a lot to improve ,espically verbal, to achieve the target score. Looking forward for a suggestion.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Targeting 740 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2019, 13:18
nrby11 wrote:
Hi,
I am in a fix and need some urgent help.
I have been preparing for the GMAT for the past 5-6 months now . However, my latest mock has only touched a 620(Q 48,V 27), which is well below my target score . The problem is although i am not totally prepared for the test, i want to give it a go this month end beacause i will not be free for the upcoming 2-3 months due to work and other personal reasons. I am not in favour of breaking the on going rythm . But i dont seem to see any improvement in my score despite my continous effort.

I am not really sure what to do as of now .
Also i know i have a lot to improve ,espically verbal, to achieve the target score. Looking forward for a suggestion.

It depends a lot on your target score as if you're no where near the target score, there's no use in wasting time and money on giving gmat early
Also if you're asking it is possible to go from 620 to 700 in a small window of one month, I do not know anyone who can get you there this fast
To keep you motivated, I'd love to tell you that if you do 4 RCs 10 CR and 15 RC daily, and understand from each of them during the time you're busy, you won't lose your touch to GMAT

You might want to check this https://gmatclub.com/forum/beginner-to- ... l#p2313182 post out. It has worked for many
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2019, 18:28
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. And yes , i am infact no where near the target score .

I am planning to keep practicing verbal for the time being .

Manager
Manager
G
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2019, 19:10
If you are so pressed for time that you want to take the test despite not feeling prepared, you will need to prepare yourself for surprises.

If you cannot postpone, I suggest some variation of the following:

- Make official guides your best friends. Drill every question.

- Brush up on key subject areas in quant, e.g., arithmetic, number properties, geometry algebra, some statistics and probabilities (latter less frequent).

Do the same for verbal. Go through OGs and drill the theory behind sentence correction, critical reasoning and reading comprehension.

- You won't have time to check every topic, so you can aim to maximize results in selected common topic areas.

- On test, aim to correctly answer every easy or medium easy-looking question and try your best with the harder ones.

-Don't let third-party Mick tests get you down. Use them only to aid your preparation. Scores are not that important at this stage.

You may not get 740, but you can aim for 700s.

Best strategy is to take the test when you are fully ready, if you can. GL!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2019, 21:41
Hi hovikal ,
Thanks alot for the instructions .
But if i cant reach my target score i will have to write the exam anyway .
So its better that i be fully prepared first and then take an attempt. Even if i dont acheive i’ll know i tried my best . ?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Targeting 740 !   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2019, 21:41

Targeting 740 !

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: egmat