GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Jun 2019, 13:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

TBD Performance Reflection

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
TBD Performance Reflection  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2018, 18:07
I recently had my R1 TBD and 1on1 Wharton interview. Since decisions will not be released till December 13th, my brain has decided to go in over stress mode and I am questioning my TBD performance.
After the prompt was read, I went first. No one else spoke up so I did.
Throughout the TBD, I offered ideas. Some other members quickly offered to be the ones on the white board and timekeeper. My idea was eventually chosen and combined with another person’s to create the final presentation which we presented together.
I keep thinking that I may have come off as aggressive even though I was genuinely blown away by some other ideas and made sure to recognize those.
Eventually, I was called last for my 1on1 interview. I keep thinking the 1on1 interview sequence is indicative of the interviewer’s preference. If I was called last, it probably means I sucked in my TBD.
Am I overthinking?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge
Re: TBD Performance Reflection  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2018, 18:34
abstruze wrote:
I recently had my R1 TBD and 1on1 Wharton interview. Since decisions will not be released till December 13th, my brain has decided to go in over stress mode and I am questioning my TBD performance.
Throughout the TBD, I offered ideas. Some other members quickly offered to be the ones on the white board and timekeeper. My idea was eventually chosen and combined with another person’s to create the final presentation which we presented together.
I keep thinking that I may have come off as aggressive even though I was genuinely blown away by some other ideas and made sure to recognize those.
Eventually, I was called last for my 1on1 interview. I keep thinking the 1on1 interview sequence is indicative of the interviewer’s preference. If I was called last, it probably means I sucked in my TBD.
Am I overthinking?

I'm sure you did fine, you're probably overthinking it :) I think it's fine to talk a lot as long as you didn't bulldoze over other people's ideas, leave space for others to talk, and recognize their contributions. The 1 on 1 interviews at my TBD were just in order of seating; I doubt there's anything to read into there.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 770 Q48 V51
GMAT 3: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.9
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2018, 18:34
I had mine today... definitely would say you’re overthinking. I’d be very surprised if there was a correlation between the order you’re interviewed and your performance.

Remember, you don’t have to be the most vocal or quickest for the TBD to be a success... it sounds like you did fine!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2018, 11:30
I hope I didn’t come off as bulldozing other’s ideas by talking too much, because I thought most of the ideas were actually better than mine.
Honestly, I got nervous and blabbered more than I usually do.
I’m thankful though for your encouraging words! :)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2018, 11:35
tigers15 wrote:
I had mine today... definitely would say you’re overthinking. I’d be very surprised if there was a correlation between the order you’re interviewed and your performance.

Remember, you don’t have to be the most vocal or quickest for the TBD to be a success... it sounds like you did fine!

You know before going in, I fully realized that I don’t need to be the quickest or the most vocal, but somehow when I was there, I got nervous and started talking more than usual. Oh well, not much I can do now. Thank you though.
I hope yours went well! Good luck with the process! :)
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2018, 02:58
abstruze wrote:
Am I overthinking?

You are really overthinking. :-) In fact you should be proud that you took lead in starting the discourse. I don't know how your interviewers would judge your performance but from my viewpoint when everyone else is silent, the person who shows courage to start a conversation by presenting an idea deserves the praise.
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 01:52
so where this finally ended? Did you get acceptance from Wharton?

abstruze wrote:
Am I overthinking?

Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 18:11
I got waitlisted ?

GMAT Club Bot