GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 12 Jul 2020, 22:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

The consolidation of industry, which so agitated a large segment of th

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Manhattan Prep Instructor
G
Re: The consolidation of industry, which so agitated a large segment of th  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2020, 23:40
Deadpool3 Answer choice A specifies that the price is high because of patent protection. This implies that the cost of production must be low enough to leave a healthy profit. Otherwise, competitors wouldn't be able to produce the drug any cheaper and patent protection would not be the cause of the high price.

Dmitry Farber | Manhattan Prep GMAT Instructor | San Diego

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
The consolidation of industry, which so agitated a large segment of th  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2020, 12:33
I found question 3 little difficult to crack initially but i think i have got it.

3. In regard to the situation in the late 19th and early 20th century, the author would most likely agree with which of the following statements:

A) Large monopolies and the consolidation of business are not in the public interest.
- author does not seem to provide his opinion here.
B) Government regulation is usually beneficial to the public interest.
- the author agrees to this point(sentence #4) but this whole choice is too broad(regulation of everything? nope), could have been the best answer if this choice included the trust regulation part- "Government regulation of trusts is usually beneficial to the public interest"
C) Trusts could be beneficial to the public interest.
- though not interesting answer but this is the only option which is qualified with passage context(could be sets the tone).
D) Having a free and open society is essential to the public interest.
- again author has not provided his own opinion on this topic.
E) Trusts should be abolished to benefit the public interest.
- not author's opinion
Intern
Intern
B
Re: The consolidation of industry, which so agitated a large segment of th  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 23:51
For question No. 3

I think majority of people marked B in this question

Lets first understand why is C correct
Read this
"Some of them argued that large-scale business was nothing to be frightened about, and that it offered the public certain potential advantages – cheaper production; lower prices, etc.

So the statement C is correct

Now why is B wrong because Author seems to himself suggest that regulations are important but note that the option B makes a very generic statement

Author says - Regulations will be good for this particular case
B Says - Regulations will be good for most of the cases in general
GMAT Club Bot
Re: The consolidation of industry, which so agitated a large segment of th   [#permalink] 11 Jul 2020, 23:51

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 23 posts ] 

The consolidation of industry, which so agitated a large segment of th

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics