Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1017 [2]
Given Kudos: 3851
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1017 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: The Future of MBA Education [#permalink]
Kudos
Future of MBA education in India:

Being the world’s second-most populous country, India is the world’s largest provider of management education. There are many things which are lacking in the education system of our country and it’s the time to take a call on this matter. Reasons being the eyes of the world are on us now and we have to set an example in front of them and for our own future generation. The population of our country should be the utter most important asset for us, not the liability and it should be utilized in such a way that the country gets benefitted by every one of them. May it be Agriculture, Education, Financial, and all the prevailing sectors in our country, let everyone contribute to the ever needed growth of the country. We can take the examples of the countries which are making use of their population wisely and getting benefits financially and economically.

Let’s talk about the Education sector as this blog is mainly for the conditions and future of MBA graduates in India. According to AIMA, the quality of education offered in Indian Business Schools is of substandard quality and because of that many are struggling to stay afloat. All-India Management Association, a national management-education industry body, calls “abysmally low” to the B-Schools where the strength of the students is 60 or less. Amidst the tens of thousands of management graduates churned out by the 5,500 B-schools in the country, only 7 per cent turn out to be employable, says a study conducted by ASSOCHAM. Now a days leaving aside few IIM’s , remaining B-schools are trying hard to get their students placed in the good multinational firms or some good companies in the domestic companies which are making their names at the Global Level.

The MBA graduates after spending lakhs and lakhs of money for the education which they think will make them ready for the corporate world and future opportunities gets landed up in distress as they get only 20,000-30,000 per month and that too only if they find the placement suitable to them. This is the worrying part and it has to be taken seriously because many students who don’t get admission in Tier-1 College joins nowhere as they know about the placement records of the B-schools. And they appear again for Top level MBA entrance next year and strive for better college. Because of this and economic conditions between 2014-16, almost 220 B-schools have been shut down all over India. Such problems have the potential to hold back a country that will need ever-more good-quality managers. According to AIMA, “By 2025 [the] Indian management education system should clearly emerge as the second best in the world, second only to that of [the] USA.”

There are many ways to tackle down the ongoing problems in the world of MBA education and secure the future of MBA graduates. Most importantly being the increase in the Faculty-student ratio as more the focus on the students by the faculty, better will be the overall personality development and skill building. Then follows, Upgradation of Infrastructure, Benchmarking and rankings, and lastly improve their placements through nurturing talents for Regional and Local Markets.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
What is your views on distance MBA, I m confuse about it looking for MBA in IT Management but currently I m working so what will be the best option should I go for distance MBA or quite the current job and go full-time MBA.
VP
VP
Send PM
Cassid1 wrote:
thanks for sharing

Hey Cassid1 thanks for comments :)

So did you decide to pursue MBA ? or perhaps you think there are other alternatives to MBA ? :)

cheers,

D. :-)
VP
VP
Send PM
Cassid1 wrote:
dave13 wrote:
Cassid1 wrote:
thanks for sharing

Hey Cassid1 thanks for comments :)

So did you decide to pursue MBA ? or perhaps you think there are other alternatives to MBA ? :)

cheers,

D. :-)

Now I am waiting for my MBA admission results. I applied to Leicester Castle business school (UK). I know that it's a prestigious school. I like its programme and I hope MBA will give me more options and I will open my potential.

well I wish you good luck in pursuing your goals :) let us know once you are admitted :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Very nice information. It's really Very nice and informative knowledge for MBA Students.

Thank you so much for sharing this .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
GRE 1: Q165 V165
GPA: 3.94
Send PM
Kudos
The MBA program is a case study for disruption.

Over time the program has been geared to more and more career paths (finance, consulting, entrepreneurship, etc.) to the point that it both overserves students by giving them more options (features) than they can ever take advantage of and also underserves them by not being focused enough on their specific career path. My sense is that the future of an MBA will be much more targeted programs, like the immersive programs that have helped people learn skills to transition into tech.
VP
VP
Send PM
ndewilde wrote:
The MBA program is a case study for disruption.

Over time the program has been geared to more and more career paths (finance, consulting, entrepreneurship, etc.) to the point that it both overserves students by giving them more options (features) than they can ever take advantage of and also underserves them by not being focused enough on their specific career path. My sense is that the future of an MBA will be much more targeted programs, like the immersive programs that have helped people learn skills to transition into tech.

hey ndewilde thanks for stopping by :) are you done with MBA ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GRE 1: Q165 V165
GPA: 3.94
Send PM
Kudos
dave13 finished GSB in 2015. Had an awesome experience. That said, I think the MBA model in general is in for a bumpy ride. You?
VP
VP
Send PM
ndewilde wrote:
dave13 finished GSB in 2015. Had an awesome experience. That said, I think the MBA model in general is in for a bumpy ride. You?

hey ndewilde nice to hear from you, and sorry for my late reply I didn't notice you tagged me. Great to hear about awesome experience :)

My bumpy adventure still continues :) I think if one goes to bschool one need to apply to TOP schools, otherwise it doesn't make sense for someone with 10+ experience.

what are your thoughts on this ? :-)
VP
VP
Send PM
Oliver777 wrote:
I have read in one article that MBA will change in these five ways:

1. There’ll be more of a focus on soft skills
2. Online MBAs will become more and more popular
3. Technology will change the classroom environment
4. Specialization trend to continue
5. Business schools will work more closely together

More info on

hey Oliver777 thanks for your weekend news :) you like 777 :cool:

To add some points to your comment, i think worldwide digital population is growing, digital marketing is gaining ground in the modern business world and more businesses are tapping into it. Hence there will be more focus on digital marketing, digital strategies etc
Also agree with you about soft skills, knowing only gmat quant wont help in real biz world :lol:
how about selection citeria of applicants will there be a some shift ?
have a great weekend :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
After completion of MBA, a wide range of jobs and career prospective are available in the industrial sector. One can easily get jobs of Managerial or executive level after successfully completing their MBA degree. This job acts as the first step of the ladder of success, after which one can reach to the top most position. With growing number of companies and rapid industrialization, the scope of MBA is increasing every single day. With digital marketing experience can help to grow career more effectively.
VP
VP
Send PM
The Future of MBA Education [#permalink]
kritikas wrote:
After completion of MBA, a wide range of jobs and career prospective are available in the industrial sector. One can easily get jobs of Managerial or executive level after successfully completing their MBA degree. This job acts as the first step of the ladder of success, after which one can reach to the top most position. With growing number of companies and rapid industrialization, the scope of MBA is increasing every single day. With digital marketing experience can help to grow career more effectively.

Hey kritikas thank you for your comments :) May I know your GMAT score and bschool you graduated from ?

have a great weekend :)

D
GMAT Club Bot
The Future of MBA Education [#permalink]