Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:LBS
 Q49  V42
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [1]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
 Q44  V50
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2009 thread [#permalink]
laymeoff wrote:
Wow you're in Booth and Northwestern, but still applying to LBS?

Gotta learn scottish accent if i am gonna take over for Craig Ferguson on the late late night show...
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
LOL surely you jest my friend ?

Is it April 1st already ???

What about Yale ???

nink wrote:
Count me in for R4 - April 30 deadline
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:

What about Yale ???

I think I wanna come and see you buddy!!! :-D
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Heck if you're serious, we'd love to have you - welcome aboard buddy ...

nink wrote:
bsd_lover wrote:

What about Yale ???

I think I wanna come and see you buddy!!! :-D
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
Heck if you're serious, we'd love to have you - welcome aboard buddy ...

Dead serious.

I mean, why not have some international experience for 2 years, right?

Now let's see if LBS wants me this late in the game and also, if UK will give me student VISA.

:-D
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hehe UK student visas are a LOT easier than American ones (you'll be amazed). What is your work experience like ?(if you dont mind me asking). Usually LBS trends slightly older / more WE focused than the American schools.

ps. What about your concerns about scholarship money (which was one of the prime motivations for choosing Yale). Also what made you think of LBS all of a sudden ? Was it the wonderful contributions of the current admits on gmatclub (dont be shy about telling us :P )

nink wrote:
Dead serious.

I mean, why not have some international experience for 2 years, right?

Now let's see if LBS wants me this late in the game and also, if UK will give me student VISA.

SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
Hehe UK student visas are a LOT easier than American ones (you'll be amazed). What is your work experience like ?(if you dont mind me asking). Usually LBS trends slightly older / more WE focused than the American schools.

ps. What about your concerns about scholarship money (which was one of the prime motivations for choosing Yale). Also what made you think of LBS all of a sudden ? Was it the wonderful contributions of the current admits on gmatclub (dont be shy about telling us :P )

Damn, are you "NINK Analyst" or something? :-D
You know about my journey this year better than most people.

I will have about 4 years of work experience at the time of matriculation. I started out as real estate tax accountant, to tech auditor, to Application solution architect (tech consulting).

The way I see it, I have nothing to lose by applying. And no, scholarship isn't issue if i get to live in London for next two years....

I am gonna be busy visiting EPL stadiums/games, concert venues to watch Lostprophets, Feeder, Starsailor etc etc.....

Oooooh....I have not been to Reading Festival in 6 years!!!!! Woohoo!!!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hehe I know about everybody :twisted:

I reckon you have a great shot - let me know if you need a second pair of eyes for your essays etc.

I know what you mean about the lifestyle. Apparently Goodison park is 2.5 hours from London central - always wanted to watch the mighty blues in action. Not to mention Lords cricket ground is next door to LBS (ok neither sport is a big deal to Americans - but to me this is heaven on earth). Think about all the other festivals in Europe that are handy via LBS - (Oktoberfest is only 2-3 hours by plane).

nink wrote:
Damn, are you "NINK Analyst" or something? :-D
You know about my journey this year better than most people.

I will have about 4 years of work experience at the time of matriculation. I started out as real estate tax accountant, to tech auditor, to Application solution architect (tech consulting).

The way I see it, I have nothing to lose by applying. And no, scholarship isn't issue if i get to live in London for next two years....

I am gonna be busy visiting EPL stadiums/games, concert venues to watch Lostprophets, Feeder, Starsailor etc etc.....

Oooooh....I have not been to Reading Festival in 6 years!!!!! Woohoo!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
nink wrote:
...if UK will give me student VISA.

At the moment, I think the average turnaround time for British student visa processing in the USA is less than a week, so you should have enough time for that. ;)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
Not to mention Lords cricket ground is next door to LBS (ok neither sport is a big deal to Americans - but to me this is heaven on earth).

Hah, is it bad that I only know Lord's because that's where LBS Orientation Week is supposed to be held? :oops: Speaking of football though, which London team is closest to campus? I just need to know if I need to be a bandwagon fan of Fulham or Chelsea... :lol:
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Haha Lords is like the MECCA of Cricket. Even the players worship the place.

London teams are Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Fulham - but don't need to limit yourself to a London team. Most of the teams are accessible by train or by TV. And because they play home and away, often the team you support will be playing in London !!!

prashok wrote:
Hah, is it bad that I only know Lord's because that's where LBS Orientation Week is supposed to be held? :oops: Speaking of football though, which London team is closest to campus? I just need to know if I need to be a bandwagon fan of Fulham or Chelsea... :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
One of the 2010 students is a pro-cricketer actually. I just learned about the Twenty20 match the other day because he used it as a presentation topic about team leadership.

Go go classroom diversity :D
Current Student
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Hi nink,

I'm sure you have already thought about this....but if you're planning to apply by the April 30th deadline, you won't get your decision before June. Won't your other admit offers have expired by then? And r4 should be pretty tough, LBS might concentrate on very diverse candidates, so it is a bit risky.

Do let us know how you plan to overcome this, might be useful for us later on.
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
unlasheddeer wrote:
Hi nink,

I'm sure you have already thought about this....but if you're planning to apply by the April 30th deadline, you won't get your decision before June. Won't your other admit offers have expired by then? And r4 should be pretty tough, LBS might concentrate on very diverse candidates, so it is a bit risky.

Everyone else is paying $1500 (or so) deposit to tell a school that they are going to attend. If I decide later on that LBS or any other school is the right choice for me, then I will just forfeit this $1500 as break-up fee.

(There's only one school I want to go in the States... :-D )
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q47  V38
Send PM
nink wrote:
unlasheddeer wrote:
Hi nink,

Everyone else is paying $1500 (or so) deposit to tell a school that they are going to attend. If I decide later on that LBS or any other school is the right choice for me, then I will just forfeit this $1500 as break-up fee.

(There's only one school I want to go in the States... :-D )

just a thought, I guess out of curiosity: I have no idea as to the scholarships nink, you have been offered by each school but is there any possibility you could start a scholarship-war between the schools that is to say 'use the free market model to get the asset/resource(you & what you bring to the school) allocated to the highest bidder(university)' :wink: Has anyone tried this, even if they failed to achieve the desired outcome?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [1]
 Q44  V50
Send PM
Kudos
MJ2009 wrote:
just a thought, I guess out of curiosity: I have no idea as to the scholarships nink, you have been offered by each school but is there any possibility you could start a scholarship-war between the schools that is to say 'use the free market model to get the asset/resource(you & what you bring to the school) allocated to the highest bidder(university)' :wink: Has anyone tried this, even if they failed to achieve the desired outcome?

I didn't try bidding one school against another and I don't plan on doing that. I think if they wanted to offer me merit scholarship, they would have already and I hate begging for ANYTHING. :-D

Plus, there are others out there who needs the scholarship or DESERVE the scholarship more than I do. I am grateful just for the admits. I don't want to be greedy. 8-)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q47  V38
Send PM
Anyone heard anything from the MiM admission department? (admit, interview, decline, anything)????
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts