Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:LBS
 Q47  V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management
Schools:IMD, HEC
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General MBA
 Q49  V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2010 thread [#permalink]
Hello everybody!

Please add me as well for Round 2:

Spanish
M/27/GPA 8.82/10 (top 2 of my class) from a Spanish university/ Coursed the 3rd year of the degree in London/GMAT 710 (Q45/V42) /TOEFL 109/ 4.5 years work experience as purchasing manager in distribution/services and automotive with a big experience in international trade

Good luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
Please add me to Roll Call R2
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 125 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I'm planning apply in the final round of London Business School for the course starting in fall 2010. Brief summary of my profile below.

Could you please help to answer following queries:
o Are my (brief profile below) chances to get in the final round very slim?
o Is 3-4 weeks (working full-time in parallel) too short to prepare the application?
o If I only manage to make a mediocre application this year, will this impact my application in 2011?
o Can someone share step by step guide to help me prepare best applications in short time?

Executive summary of my profile:
o 11 years of full-time experience in IT with last 7 years in programme management in Nokia
o International work experience in the UK for last 6.5 years and 4.5 years in India
o Successfully managed IT programmes of upto $6M budget and around 60-90 members involved in a highly distributed manner
o Executive programme reporting to senior stakeholders (directors) and extensively worked with external customers
o Line management experience. Had responsibility of a 20 member team
o Bachelor of Engineering in Instrumentation & Control, Gujarat University, India, 1999. Secured third rank in the academics
o GMAT score 680 (Q 48, V 35)

Best regards,
Arjun
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
arjunrampal wrote:
o If I only manage to make a mediocre application this year, will this impact my application in 2011?
Arjun

Hi Arjun,

IMO, it is best to submit your strongest app. Dont think the adcom will buy it when they see a remarkable change in your two apps in just under 1 year... just my 2 cents..
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Kellogg School of Management (Accepted), London Business School (Accepted), The Wharton School (Accepted)
Send PM
Good luck to all Stage 2 contenders!

In Stage 1, we were informed of our interview decisions as early as ~20:00 GMT on the day preceding the stated notification date on the Admissions website. This means your pool could start to receive notices in as soon as a few hours!

Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:London Business School (int)
 Q50  V41
WE 1: Research
WE 2: Corporate Strat
Send PM
So possibly in another 5 hours or so. Thanks for the tip, Dr. Manhattan.

Keeping my fingers crossed - all the the best to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1622 [0]
Send PM
wow! before time... thnx for the tip, DrManhattan. 'will look out (hope they don't bring out the horrendous bell to sound the d**g) :|
Good luck mates!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:HEC,Paris(Student)
 Q45  V36
Send PM
Thanks DoctorManhattan! All the best to all stage 2 applicants! Fingers crossed :|
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Any updates for anyone ???
It's almost 8
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Investment Management
 Q50  V40
GPA: Dismal
WE 1: Information Technology (9 yrs)
Send PM
I've been checking my mailbox every 5 mins .... Nothing so far for me ....

Can't focus on work rt now ! :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Good luck R2 applicants!! I haven't been posting regularly thanks to a busy recruitment period, but have been lurking around. Nearly 40 R2 applicants; would be great to see all make the cut for class of 2012.
Intern
Intern
Schools:LBS
GMAT 2: 710  Q50  V38
Send PM
Hello,

Do they normally call, or send emails? I missed a call around 2:00 PM GMT from an unknown number, wondering if it was the Admission Committee...the waiting is killing me now!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Investment Management
 Q50  V40
GPA: Dismal
WE 1: Information Technology (9 yrs)
Send PM
From what I read from the R1 candidates, it looked as though all of them got emails.

Wondering though if the emails get sent out using an automated batch process, or someone manually emails them. Getting a little late now in London to be sitting at work and sending out emails individually ....
Manager
Manager
Schools:Kellogg School of Management (Accepted), London Business School (Accepted), The Wharton School (Accepted)
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
Good luck R2 applicants!! I haven't been posting regularly thanks to a busy recruitment period, but have been lurking around. Nearly 40 R2 applicants; would be great to see all make the cut for class of 2012.

bsd_lover,

Good to see you posting again! How did the Milk Round go? Any anecdotes!

Best of luck in the rest of your recruiting sessions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
On interview notifications, it's unlikely the Committee would communicate these by phone call; indeed, I'm not aware the Committee has ever done this, at least not in recent years.

It's true that Stage 1 candidates were privileged to receive interview notifications a day early, but this is definitely not a guarantee that such a practice would be adopted in all stages, is it?

Finally, to the post remarking on the unlikelihood of the Committee sending out e-mails this late (I'm posting at ~21:50 GMT), the Committee has, in fact, sent out e-mails as late as 23:00 GMT; albeit, the instance of this of which I'm aware took place on the final, not interview, decision day.

Good luck to all Stage 2 contenders! Notwithstanding, the wait will be over soon!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
@ sj0509 : I've only ever heard of e-mails being sent. Don't rely on these mails arriving early; the timing varies from one round to round and year to year. Just be sure that most emails will be sent out on the pre set date. Sometimes they may delay the decision a day or two for specific cases, but you'll get an e-mail stating that on deadline date.

@DoctorManhattan : Thanks for keeping this thread alive DoctorManhattan. Milkrounds have been a lot of work. The bigger the change one wants to make from past career, the more one has to work. I'm still scouring opportunities. I will definitely post a detailed report once I have some clarity and confirmation.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="bsd_lover"]
@DoctorManhattan : Thanks for keeping this thread alive DoctorManhattan. Milkrounds have been a lot of work. The bigger the change one wants to make from past career, the more one has to work. I'm still scouring opportunities. I will definitely post a detailed report once I have some clarity and confirmation.[quote="bsd_lover"]

bsd_lover,

Ha, I can hardly take credit for keeping this thread alive; that honour goes to the Stage 2 contenders and members like vgeri.

What career changes are you seeking to make, if you don't mind sharing? Hope the rest of your recruiting goes very well, and I'm looking forward to reading a detailed report when it's all done. Stay focused on what's important. Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts