Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 08:22 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Kellogg, Sloan, LBS, NYU Stern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:LBS(R2) Interview, Kellogg(R2) Admit
WE 1: Hi-Tech
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: MBA
Schools:LBS, LBS, LBS
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2010 thread [#permalink]
pranaysrinivasan wrote:
Hey Pranav,

Here's wishing you the best of luck...

Cheers,
Pranay

pranavc wrote:

pranavc,

thats fast! all the best! provide debrief if possible, cheers

Definitely..if for some odd reason..I get flaky and forget...feel free to HOUND ME till I give you the lowdown on the interview!!!
[/quote]

thanks dude..I need all the luck I can get!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1041 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
 Q49  V41
Send PM
highhopes09 wrote:
I received my interviewer details this friday and I have scheduled it for the next week.
The email also says "During your interview, you will be asked to give a short presentation (approximately 5 minutes), for which no prior preparation is required. "

Any idea what presentation is this going to be? Will it be an "about yourself" presentation or "about some random topic" to assess my presentation skills?

highhopes09 - from earlier posts and other sites it seems its about a random topic. But what others have mentioned and I agree with is that they are really assessing you on your ability to formulate and deliver a clear argument than the actual details of content. Afterall, they can't expect you to know everything :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: General MBA
 Q49  V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Happy Monday to everybody,

I got my interviewer details today. Nothing except for name and an email, so don't know how closely our profiles match, except that we are both female. :-) Oh, and she's located in Dallas (I'm in Houston), so it's going to be a drive...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
Got my details today.......Like snowinTX, I too have a drive ahead of me (400mi!).
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General MBA
 Q49  V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
JoeMahmah wrote:
Got my details today.......Like snowinTX, I too have a drive ahead of me (400mi!).

Wow, you got me beat there - I only have 260 (one way). :-)

Maybe it's better for you to fly? What city will you be coming from and to?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
As per London Business School tomorrow should be the last day for them to send interviewer details. I haven't received mine. Lets see whether I get to tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: MBA
Schools:LBS, LBS, LBS
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Kudos
Spoke to Phillipa today and she said she's sending out my interviewer's details to me tomorrow.

isjii2010 wrote:
As per London Business School tomorrow should be the last day for them to send interviewer details. I haven't received mine. Lets see whether I get to tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pranaysrinivasan wrote:
Spoke to Phillipa today and she said she's sending out my interviewer's details to me tomorrow.

isjii2010 wrote:

Should be same for me too then.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
I got my invite on Friday. I have contacted my interviewer, but waiting to hear back from him.

For me, it is probably going to be in London as I could see in Linkedin that he too works in London.

All the best to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Corporate Finance
Send PM
They matched me with a very senior alumni graduated before 1990... That should be interesting.
I guess I have to revisit the questions I had for the end of the interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got my interviewer details today as expected. She works in the same city so should be fine :) Now I need all wishes and luck for my interview.

All the best guys!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Frontline wrote:
They matched me with a very senior alumni graduated before 1990... That should be interesting.
I guess I have to revisit the questions I had for the end of the interview.

same here, I am revisiting my questions...
am not sure when did my interviewer graduate, but he is in a very senior position... 2 more days to go for the interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello All,
I just got done with my LBS interview around an hour and a half ago in New York City. I am actually typing this on the bus back to Boston.

I interviewed with an alum from the class of 1993. He is the Vice-Chairman and chief strategy officer for his company. Amazingly down-to-earth guy. He interviewed me at a conference room at a law firm in Manhattan. He seemed very relaxed about the dress code. He said "dress in any way that makes you comfortable". Since this was an interview, I adopted a semi-formal dress code. The interview was very conversational and I felt oddly relaxed throughout. I just hope I didn't talk too much. So I am guessing all of you want to know the questions. So here goes:

a. How would your team members describe you? Is their description accurate? If so, why?
b. Is there anything about the perception your team members (at work) have of you that you don't necessarily agree with? If so, what do you not agree with?
c. Why did you pursue an Engineering degree in college? Why not music (I play the piano)?
d. What is the biggest thing you would change in your education and why?
e. What do you think are some of the challenges being faced by businesses today?
f. What do you think about the Toyota recall? How would you handle things now if you were in their shoes?
g. Have you faced resistance from members on your team? How did you deal with it? If you didn't face any resistance but one of your team members did not complete the task you delegated to him or her
despite you explaining the requirements to them well, how did you deal with this person?
h. What has been the biggest challenge of your professional life?
i. You are interested in the media industry. What if I gave you a choice between two options:

- I give you $100,000 to start your own media-related venture.
- You go to business school.

Walk me through the thought process you would use to decide between the two options above.
j. If you got admission offers from ALL the schools you applied to, how would you weigh one vs another to make your decision on accepting one?
k. How do you manage your team at work?
l. How have you dealt with a team member that is on an ego trip?

The 5-minute presentation related to the financial crisis. It was a very easy topic - almost disturbingly easy. I was asked to take a stand on a specific question - so not too bad. The real surprise came at the end of the presentation - when he asked me for a counter-argument. Fortunately, I had one in mind which was probably not nearly as compelling as my original argument but it seemed good enough for the interviewer.

I don't know how I fared on the interview. It is very hard to judge. The interviewer was definitely a very nice guy and he really painted a good image for LBS. A huge thank you to all of you that shared your experiences on this forum. It really helped me prepare for this interview. I could not have reached so far without your help. Kudos to our student ambassadors from LBS on this forum (they know who they are!). They are shining examples of what we all should aspire to be at the end of our business school application journey.

Regards,

Pranav
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Random update: I'm applying R1 this fall (I was due to apply R1 in 09); I've spent the last few months dying at work (read: building up my cv) and, if possible, I'll be taking a few quant courses at the local university here (read: build up an alternative transcript to make up for my UG degree in English Literature) over the summer to oomph up my application as a whole. I'll be 27 when/if I matriculate in 2011 and uhhh I feel old.

To those of you who've made it this year: Please keep sharing your awesomeness with us!

Recruitment question: Have you guys sensed any underlying age bias amongst recruiters, consulting firms in particular?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
Thank you for that detailed report, Pranav. I hope that you are offered admission to LBS!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1041 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
pranavc wrote:
Hello All,
I just got done with my LBS interview around an hour and a half ago in New York City. I am actually typing this on the bus back to Boston.

Kudos to you for the informative writeup!
Sounds like it went well so all the best. Must be a good feeling that it's all out of your hands now!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JoeMahmah wrote:
Thank you for that detailed report, Pranav. I hope that you are offered admission to LBS!

thanks so much! Keeping my fingers crossed.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  42   43   44   45   46   47   48  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts