Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]
isabelle wrote:
Are all the interviews done by now or are there still some of you out there who haven't done it?

Intreviewers feedback was filed before 6th of march. I had my interview on 5th. So I guess if there had been no exceptions all interviews were done by 6th.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
I had my interview on March 7th, so there may be exceptions to the March 6th time-frame. Hence, my guess is that by last Friday all interview reports would have had to be submitted. Good luck all!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
I wanted to thank everyone for the helpful feedback I got on this board. I have decided not to apply to LBS but wish everyone all the best of luck with the remainder of the process.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
BeeSkool wrote:
I wanted to thank everyone for the helpful feedback I got on this board. I have decided not to apply to LBS but wish everyone all the best of luck with the remainder of the process.

What program are you going to attend?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
If Wharton works out, I will go there. If not, I have a harder decision but am leaning towards Columbia because I'm in finance and also want to be in an more urban area. Love the culture at Kellogg though so definitely a tough choice.

bseb wrote:
BeeSkool wrote:

What program are you going to attend?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
drinking wine, smoking hookah and watching Californication... there is a solution to the waiting game =)
Intern
Intern
Any of you guys have a view of how strong LBS is in industry these days? Some of what I heard from the alumna in my interview made me believe that industry is weaker when compared to consulting and finance.

Does anybody have a view on how helpful their career service and alumni are?

Reason why I am asking is that I am between Insead and LBS. Not sure how much of a positive impact an internship can have if you are switching from IB to business development in industry.

Thanks,

m
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mms wrote:
Any of you guys have a view of how strong LBS is in industry these days? Some of what I heard from the alumna in my interview made me believe that industry is weaker when compared to consulting and finance.

Reason why I am asking is that I am between Insead and LBS. Not sure how much of a positive impact an internship can have if you are switching from IB to business development in industry.

Thanks,

m

My interviewer is the CTO of an internet company but she graduated 9 years ago I believe. I personally believe that in industry it's more about the person's qualities and less about what school you graduated from. But that's just me ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
According to LBS's career report, it is now an even 1/3 split between finance, consulting and industry. A shift from dominating finance to industry, possibly a result of the credit crunch. Firms from industry are not the largest recruiters. The usual firms are on the list (CPG, Pharma, FT100). Both schools are good at strategy.

Question: What does it mean when a firm hires 4 summer interns, but does not offer jobs after graduation?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
I suspect its more about student preferences than about school strength. Industry is usually the last bastion (they also come to campus last to recruit); people who are unsure of what they want to do try consulting or finance first.
After the financial crisis however, industry has appeared to be better bet, both in terms of recruitment needs and in terms of a relatively stabler career path.

Firms hiring four interns and zero full time could mean anything - for instance the firm may have hired four interns without any full time needs or maybe its headcount needs changed during the year or maybe the students just found something they liked more for full time due to improved job-market conditions. There is never usually one straight explanation.

Jock4MBA wrote:
According to LBS's career report, it is now an even 1/3 split between finance, consulting and industry. A shift from dominating finance to industry, possibly a result of the credit crunch. Firms from industry are not the largest recruiters. The usual firms are on the list (CPG, Pharma, FT100). Both schools are good at strategy.

Question: What does it mean when a firm hires 4 summer interns, but does not offer jobs after graduation?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
To all the speculators out there...here's something to keep the energy levels going...

Are the references usually contacted for ppl who are given an admit on decision day...???
Intern
Intern
Send PM
not sure about others but I applied in R1 and got admitted. One of my recommenders told me they contacted him. He wasn't one of the two recommenders; he was a alumni recommender - they have some alumni referral program or something.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
After 3 consecutive dings..am eagerly waiting for something positive from LBS
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Aditya12 wrote:
To all the speculators out there...here's something to keep the energy levels going...

Are the references usually contacted for ppl who are given an admit on decision day...???

not to my knowledge... they didn't contact mine!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mms wrote:

Thanks,

m

mms- Personally, I feel it is much easier to move from Financial Services to Industry. But the transition the other way around is extremely TOUGH. Simply put, there are more candidates who want to move to IB /Finance etc. Also, not to say you haven't thought about your decision or it is not the right one, but I would really put a lot of thought in moving into Business Development and Industry. I have a lot of friends who moved from Consulting to Industry, and their thoughts were that in Consulting or any Financial services, you are dealing with multiple clients, the pace is fast, and you are generally on the cutting edge of information, simply because you are exposed to an array of clients/ industries etc. But when you go the other route, you are making a conscious decision, to be an "expert in certain industry and not to say that isn't good. Again, it all depends on what kind of a career you are looking for , and ofcourse personal situations also influence those decisions. All the best!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does anyone have an idea about what the percentage of interviewed applicants is? It seems to pretty high...
Stanford School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
t-6 and counting ..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  49   50   51   52   53   54   55  ...  68   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts