It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 11:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The London Business School 2011 Thread

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2007
Posts: 138

Kudos [?]: 30 [1], given: 4

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2010, 15:12
1
This post received
KUDOS
skahuh wrote:
How is LBS for entrepreneurship, and social entrepreneurship specifically? Does LBS want students interested in entrepreneurship or would this be frowned upon as a short-term career goal?

Thanks for any help.


Entrepreneurship as a short-term career goal is definitely not a disadvantage. In my graduating class there are 5 start-ups I know of involving 8 students. The Entrepreneurship club is one of the most active clubs on campus. There are plenty of electives as well (in addition to Entrepreneurship Summer School). Also, check the E-100 group:
http://www.london.edu/facultyandresearc ... se100.html
_________________

MBAvolunteers - Application feedback & interview preps in exchange for a donation to a non-profit

Kudos [?]: 30 [1], given: 4

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Jun 2010
Posts: 110

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2010, 15:55
tmino wrote:
Entrepreneurship as a short-term career goal is definitely not a disadvantage. In my graduating class there are 5 start-ups I know of involving 8 students. The Entrepreneurship club is one of the most active clubs on campus. There are plenty of electives as well (in addition to Entrepreneurship Summer School). Also, check the E-100 group:
http://www.london.edu/facultyandresearc ... se100.html


Thanks for the feedback. Do many students take part in the Entrepreneurship Summer School? Looks like you don't have to pass up an internship in order to take part. Or is that intensive week at the beginning of summer a deal killer for students with internships?

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 459

Kudos [?]: 339 [0], given: 151

Location: Spain
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2010, 16:13
The application form for the MBA programme commencing in 2011 will be available from 23 September 2010.


Finally....

Kudos [?]: 339 [0], given: 151

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 300

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 20

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2010, 09:40
rid82 wrote:
The application form for the MBA programme commencing in 2011 will be available from 23 September 2010.


Finally....


Best of luck, guys!!! Hope you guys get in. I ll be applying in R2 :-)

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 20

1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2947

Kudos [?]: 667 [1], given: 210

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2010, 13:15
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hot off the press :
"Sunil Bharti Mittal appointed to London Business School’s Governing Body"
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 667 [1], given: 210

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Jun 2010
Posts: 110

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2010, 14:06
bsd_lover wrote:
Hot off the press :
"Sunil Bharti Mittal appointed to London Business School’s Governing Body"


@bsd_lover: are you finishing up at LBS or heading into year 2? Interested to know what you'll be doing -- and where you'll be doing it -- after finishing up.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2007
Posts: 138

Kudos [?]: 30 [1], given: 4

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2010, 14:10
1
This post received
KUDOS
skahuh wrote:
tmino wrote:
Entrepreneurship as a short-term career goal is definitely not a disadvantage. In my graduating class there are 5 start-ups I know of involving 8 students. The Entrepreneurship club is one of the most active clubs on campus. There are plenty of electives as well (in addition to Entrepreneurship Summer School). Also, check the E-100 group:
http://www.london.edu/facultyandresearc ... se100.html


Thanks for the feedback. Do many students take part in the Entrepreneurship Summer School? Looks like you don't have to pass up an internship in order to take part. Or is that intensive week at the beginning of summer a deal killer for students with internships?


I can't quite remember how many participate in the end. Perhaps 30+? You have to apply (not everyone gets a spot).

Yes, you can do both, ESS and an internship, no problem. Many students do 2 internships during the summer, so ESS shouldn't be an issue.
_________________

MBAvolunteers - Application feedback & interview preps in exchange for a donation to a non-profit

Kudos [?]: 30 [1], given: 4

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2947

Kudos [?]: 667 [0], given: 210

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2010, 15:34
I have just started 2nd year. Been an incredible first year - had a wonderful internship. But that's all the details I want to share due to privacy reasons.

skahuh wrote:
bsd_lover wrote:
Hot off the press :
"Sunil Bharti Mittal appointed to London Business School’s Governing Body"


@bsd_lover: are you finishing up at LBS or heading into year 2? Interested to know what you'll be doing -- and where you'll be doing it -- after finishing up.

_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 667 [0], given: 210

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Jun 2010
Posts: 110

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2010, 17:31
bsd_lover wrote:
I have just started 2nd year. Been an incredible first year - had a wonderful internship. But that's all the details I want to share due to privacy reasons.]


Understood of course. Hope to have the opportunity to join the LBS club next year.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 246

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Schools: Stern '13
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2010, 08:40
Is this starting to be embarrassing or what? It's almost 5 pm in London, still no online application... I am guessing their IT will be working overtime tonight :roll:
_________________

Like the response? Kudos it!

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2010
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: IESE, Booth, Tuck
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2010, 09:24

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 54

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg R1 (waitlist), LBS R1 (waitlist), Ivey+$$$
WE 1: Program Management / Marketing / Technology Integration
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2010, 13:06
matomat wrote:


It looks like the application portal is down. Not a good start....

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 54

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Location: United States
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Rotman (A), NUS (S)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2010, 13:09
The application portal is down. May be too many people tried to create an account at the same time. Soooooo much competition....... :(

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2947

Kudos [?]: 667 [0], given: 210

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2010, 14:55
A little heads up on the type of talent LBS is attracting these days :
http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2010/09/ ... rd_fo.html
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 667 [0], given: 210

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 496

Kudos [?]: 280 [0], given: 38

Schools: Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2010, 19:23
lol the application is still down and its under 2 weeks to R1 deadline.. wish they'd push back the deadline a little :D

is anyone keeping a rollcall for LBS?
_________________

GMAT Guide: http://gmatclub.com/forum/10-critical-factors-to-beat-the-gmat-106790.html

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 280 [0], given: 38

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 459

Kudos [?]: 339 [0], given: 151

Location: Spain
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2010, 21:30
staind wrote:
wish they'd push back the deadline a little :D


I hope they won't, I have worked hard to finish the essays on time... it wouldn't be fair

Kudos [?]: 339 [0], given: 151

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2007
Posts: 138

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 4

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2010, 15:26
bsd_lover wrote:
A little heads up on the type of talent LBS is attracting these days :
http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2010/09/ ... rd_fo.html


yeah I don't know how I missed her on campus! Pity... :-)
_________________

MBAvolunteers - Application feedback & interview preps in exchange for a donation to a non-profit

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2010, 06:00
Has somebody managed to connect to the online application form?
It seems that it is still down!?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 459

Kudos [?]: 339 [0], given: 151

Location: Spain
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2010, 06:01
I have been able to log in and to register my recommenders, it is up!

Kudos [?]: 339 [0], given: 151

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 300

Kudos [?]: 34 [1], given: 20

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2010, 06:48
1
This post received
KUDOS
rid82 wrote:
I have been able to log in and to register my recommenders, it is up!


Best of luck, rid82! You're applying to all of the 3 schools I am applying in R2 :)

Kudos [?]: 34 [1], given: 20

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread   [#permalink] 25 Sep 2010, 06:48

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  68    Next  [ 1344 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

The London Business School 2011 Thread

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aerien, BrushMyQuant



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.