GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Sep 2018, 12:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

The MBA programs with the MOST Women!

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student
D
Schools: Boston U '20 (M)
GRE 1: Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
The MBA programs with the MOST Women!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 21:20
"Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world"

I couldn't agree more with the above quote. Today, being the international women's day, calls for a post focusing on the Business schools which doing everything they can to increase the number of women in their MBA programs. In a society that's more open to new ideas, where every industry is ripe for technological disruption, it's a wonderful time to be a businesswoman. But is that enough? Are we doing enough to ensure that gender discrimination does not paralyse a women with tremendous leadership potential. Are there enough women at the elite MBA programs?

Only 6.4% of Fortune 500 companies are run by female CEOs, and while there is incremental progress — there are 32 female CEOs this year, the highest percentage ever, compared with only 21 last year — the rate of change can feel excruciatingly slow. The goal of ensuring a constant outflow of female CEOs is an ambitious one that likely means rethinking everything from targeting promising leaders to “selling” career opportunities better aligned with what drives and motivates women to ensuring appropriate women participation in the elite MBA programs.

In the last 5 years, Business schools have made a significant effort to increase the women participation in their MBA courses through lavish scholarships and outreach. Earlier, only three of the top 25 U.S. schools had 40% or more women in their MBA programs. That number presently stand at 13. Yes, 13 schools. However, women in business are still outnumbered at the top b-schools. As per a GMAC's report :-
  • The share of women in MBA classrooms has consistently remained below 50 percent in parity to men, yet women are at or near parity in many non-MBA master's programs. Even so, women are more likely than men to hold the MBA degree in high regard.
  • Overall, women are more pragmatic and outcomes-focused in their approach to GME, and are less intimidated by standardized testing than their male peers.
  • Women in Western countries differ in their motivations and approaches to the application journey than women in emerging economies like China and India.
  • Challenges related to funding are significant barriers for women.

We need more women in business. We need more women in senate. We need more women in the elite MBA programs. After all, they represent half of the world’s talent base! Speaking for myself-Women are better team players than men. Here's the 5 year trend for women enrollment at the worlds most elite MBA programs. I hope this trend continues in future by many a fold.

And hey, a very happy International Women's Day to all the incredibly strong women out there. Cheers!

Women Enrollment at Top-25 MBA Programs
School Women Enrollment % (2013) Women Enrollment % (2014)Women Enrollment % (2015)Women Enrollment % (2016)Women Enrollment % (2017)Five Year Change
Wharton42%40%43%44%44%+2
Harvard41%41%41%43%42%+1
Stanford36% 42% 40% 41% 40%+4
Booth35% 36% 42% 42% 40%+5
Kellogg 43% 41% 43% 41% 42%-1
Sloan 34% 39% 41% 40% 42%+8
Tuck 32% 32% 42% 44% 44%+12
Columbia 36% 36% 36% 38% 41%+5
Haas 29% 43% 41% 38% 40%+11
Yale 39% 37% 40% 43% 43%+4
Ross 33% 32% 32% 40% 43%+10
Fuqua 32% 35% 36% 35% 34%+2
Darden 30% 32% 35% 39% 39%+9
Johnson 30% 32% 26% 31% 27%-3
UCLA 34% 33% 30% 32% 38%+4
Stern 39% 36% 35% 35%38%-1
Tepper 29% 27% 26% 28% 27%-2
McCombs 26% 32% 31% 37% 40%+14
Kenan-Flagler 27% 26% 30% 30% 30%+3
Goizueta 24% 30% 34% 24% 30%+6
Kelley 25% 32% 29% 30% 29%+4
Foster 34% 43% 34% 43% 36%+2
McDonough 27% 32% 31% 34% 32%+5
Notre Dame 24% 29% 30% 18% 28%+4
Rice (Jones) 37% 32% 35% 24% 34%-3

MBA Financing:- INDIAN PUBLIC BANKS vs PRODIGY FINANCE!

Getting into HOLLYWOOD with an MBA!

The MOST AFFORDABLE MBA programs!

STONECOLD's BRUTAL Mock Tests for GMAT-Quant(700+)

AVERAGE GRE Scores At The Top Business Schools!

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.59
Re: The MBA programs with the MOST Women!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 13:39
Hi stonecold. Thank you so much for being an ally to women in the workplace and for your advocacy for increased numbers in the percentage of women at elite programs.
A quick point to add: there are hundreds of stock photos that might have been used for your post to portray the role of women in the workplace. Consider one or two of these instead.
#RepresentationMatters
Attachments

woman stock photo 6.PNG
woman stock photo 6.PNG [ 392.53 KiB | Viewed 882 times ]

woman stock photo 1.PNG
woman stock photo 1.PNG [ 492.06 KiB | Viewed 879 times ]

woman stock photo 5.PNG
woman stock photo 5.PNG [ 544.65 KiB | Viewed 878 times ]

woman stock photo 4.PNG
woman stock photo 4.PNG [ 797.96 KiB | Viewed 869 times ]

woman stock photo 3.PNG
woman stock photo 3.PNG [ 577.6 KiB | Viewed 870 times ]

woman stock photo 2.PNG
woman stock photo 2.PNG [ 574.83 KiB | Viewed 868 times ]

Current Student
D
Schools: Boston U '20 (M)
GRE 1: Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
The MBA programs with the MOST Women!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 04:09
estein1989 wrote:
Hi stonecold. Thank you so much for being an ally to women in the workplace and for your advocacy for increased numbers in the percentage of women at elite programs.
A quick point to add: there are hundreds of stock photos that might have been used for your post to portray the role of women in the workplace. Consider one or two of these instead.
#RepresentationMatters

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words.
I’ve been extremely fortunate to follow, learn from, and be led by countless amazing women in my life. Women have the power to rise up in a world tailored against them and change it. I had millions of photos at my disposal but I chose the one I really liked. It was a split second decision and there is nothing more to that. Happy International Women's Day!

P.S :- The women in the photo is Meghan Markle who is doing an outstanding job in raising her voice against gender discrimination.

MBA Financing:- INDIAN PUBLIC BANKS vs PRODIGY FINANCE!

Getting into HOLLYWOOD with an MBA!

The MOST AFFORDABLE MBA programs!

STONECOLD's BRUTAL Mock Tests for GMAT-Quant(700+)

AVERAGE GRE Scores At The Top Business Schools!

Intern
Intern
B
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 05:58
This post is absolutely amazing! haha! :D
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.59

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 06:34
stonecold wrote:
estein1989 wrote:
#RepresentationMatters

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words.
I’ve been extremely fortunate to follow, learn from, and be led by countless amazing women in my life. Women have the power to rise up in a world tailored against them and change it. I had millions of photos at my disposal but I chose the one I really liked. It was a split second decision and there is nothing more to that. Happy International Women's Day!

P.S :- The women in the photo is Meghan Markle who is doing an outstanding job in raising her voice against gender discrimination.

Agreed! :-)
Re: The MBA programs with the MOST Women! &nbs [#permalink] 09 Mar 2018, 06:34

The MBA programs with the MOST Women!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap