GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2018, 05:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

The Tufts Fletcher School (MIB Program): To Go or Not to Go?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
The Tufts Fletcher School (MIB Program): To Go or Not to Go?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 01:01
I recently got admitted to the Tufts Fletcher School with more than 50% scholarship. Fletcher was not my first choice, but I still applied to the MIB (Master of International Business) program there, which is a relatively new course they started in 2008 -- a dual degree program for MBA and International Relations.

Has anyone here been part of the MIB program, or can anybody throw light on the MIB program? I primarily wanted to know the career options available, as in do companies come down for recruitment, and what kind of companies are more likely to recruit? Although their prospectus shows some big names, it is difficult to determine whether these career options came by the students due to their own past experience or Fletcher's brand value.

I unfortunately got dinged by my dream schools, but Fletcher seems keen to have me. Would it be wise to join Fletcher (or to re-apply next year)? The MIB program at Fletcher has a small size of only 30 students (as compared to Fletcher's larger MALD (Master of Law & Diplomacy) program). Please -- advice would be very much appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Re: The Tufts Fletcher School (MIB Program): To Go or Not to Go?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2015, 12:06
Hi,

I am a current student in the MIB program. I love the program and it’s a great fit, but there are many features of the MIB program that distinguish it from a traditional MBA. Depending on your background and career goals, these program features will be more or less beneficial.

As you mentioned, the MIB program is small, but the small size facilitates a lot of interaction with professors. The professors at Fletcher are extremely dedicated and accessible. Classes are a blend of MALD and MIB students, which means that the makeup of classes looks quite different than in other business programs. Students here have very diverse professional backgrounds in the private sector, government, and nonprofits, both abroad and in the US. Because the MIB program is nested in a school of international relations where the Dean is the former Supreme Allied Commander of NATO, business issues are viewed through an international and geopolitical lens. The advantage of this type of education is that the MIB program trains leaders, not just managers.

My experience is that the MIB offers a lot more than a regular MBA. That said, the “MBA” is far more recognizable to recruiters and employers. Nonetheless, the challenge of marketing the MIB is partly overcome by Fletcher’s reputation and its extremely strong alumni network. I definitely recommend getting in touch with the Fletcher Admissions Office. I think the best thing to do is talk to current students and the Admissions Office will connect with students who share your professional/academic interests.

I hope this is helpful - good luck!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 00:16
Hi allischu55,

I'm planning to apply to the MIB programme,and was wondering if you could provide some insights on the course.

I'm a female indian applicant with a Master's degree from LSE.I have 4+ years of experience in economic research in India,with the last 2 years(current) as an economist and manager in the EIU's India office.I have a background in economics,with no experience in finance and business.I want to study towards a business degree with a good social science focus,and the MIB seems the perfect choice.Since you are a current student,could you please help with these questions:

1.The website states 3 LORs are needed.Can they all be from my current employer?It's been 5 years since my Master's,and my professors/supervisors at LSE are no longer in the school.Hence,it would be tough to get an LOR from LSE.

2.What are the career prospects with the MIB?Does the school/course have a dedicated on-campus placement programme?Or do students have to fend for themselves when it comes to the job market?Can the current positions/profiles of the alumni be attributed to the strength of this programme or to their own academic and professional background?

I shall be grateful if you could respond to these queries.
Intern
Intern
The Tufts Fletcher School (MIB Program): To Go or Not to Go?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2017, 00:19
Hi Economist2015, allischu55, DrFawkes,

I'm applying for MIB course this year. I'm also from India and currently working with a political consulting firm. I need advise on the application procedure and life at Tusks. Request you to please connect back.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2017, 01:05
I have recently been admitted to MIB program of Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy. In general, what are your views about the program? I am really worried about the visa problems in US. I will complete my study with a loan (tuition approx. $110k). Whatever I have saved will be exhausted on housing + boarding. What would you guys suggest? Should I go ahead and attend? or Settle on the program with peace of mind.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: The Tufts Fletcher School (MIB Program): To Go or Not to Go? &nbs [#permalink] 25 Dec 2017, 01:05

The Tufts Fletcher School (MIB Program): To Go or Not to Go?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap