jmjmjmjm
Hi,
I had applied to M7 and a couple of universities this year in Round 1 with a GMAT score of 710, CFA charter, 3.96/4.00 gpa, and 4 years of workex(1.5 years at barclays, 2.5 years at family business) . I was rejected by all except MIT (waitlisted before Interview) and Duke (Waitlisted in R1). I was able to convert Duke Fuqua in R2 with a $70,000 scholarship.
My target was M7, preferably, Wharton, Kellogg, MIT or Stanford.
Should I try again next year for M7 with a better GMAT score or should I take up Duke's offer?
Congrats
jmjmjmjm ! You’re in a great position with an offer from Duke Fuqua and a $70K scholarship, an opportunity that many would be thrilled to have. That said, it's understandable why you're considering a reapplication to the M7. The key question is: will another year significantly improve your odds? While a higher GMAT (740+) could help, M7 schools will also look for deeper leadership impact, clearer career progression, and a compelling reason for reapplying. If you genuinely believe you can strengthen your profile in a way that makes a material difference, and if M7 is essential for your long-term goals (like top-tier IB, PE, or consulting), then waiting could be an option. But Fuqua is still an elite program with good recruiting, and the scholarship makes it even more attractive. Plus, you’d be accelerating your career now rather than delaying for an uncertain outcome. If MIT’s waitlist turns into an offer(rough road), that changes the equation, but otherwise, Fuqua is a fantastic choice
if that can still get you where you want to go. Ultimately, it comes down to whether the potential upside of reapplying outweighs the very real benefits you already have on the table. Network with more alumns and current students from the schools, to gather more insights and what would suit you best. Good luck and best wishes for your future : )