Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:16 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:16

Tuck

Tuck (Dartmouth)

The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth was founded in 1900 as the first institution in the world to offer a Master's degree in Business Administration. At the heart of what Tuck does is its signature full-time, two-year MBA program that creates a rich, rewarding experience for each student, and their small scale program in Hanover allows them to promote their mission: to develop wise, decisive leaders who better the world through business.
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 24, 24
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Jan 25, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"The interview was conducted by a second year student and lasted about 50 mins. 0. Random chit chat about timezone and stuff. 1. Walk me through your resume. 2. Why MBA? 3. Long term goal. 4. Why Tuck? 5. Contributions to Tuck. 6. What would your legacy at Tuck be? 7. Tell me about a time when you disagreed with someone at work. 8. Tell me about a time when you had do deliver bad news to someone. 9. Tell me about the last time you had an interesting conversation with someone in the past month. 10. Questions for the interviewer."
Taiwan
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 19, 24
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Jan 13, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Had my interview with a second-year student last week, and it lasted for 45 minutes. Here are the questions:  1.⁠ ⁠Tell me about yourself.  2.⁠ ⁠Why MBA? Short-term and Long-term goals.  3.⁠ ⁠Significant challenge you've faced.  4.⁠ ⁠Constructive criticism you've received.  5.⁠ ⁠TMAT you dealt with a difficult coworker.  6.⁠ ⁠Your biggest achievement.  7.⁠ ⁠Why Tuck? How will you contribute to Tuck?  8.⁠ ⁠Any questions for her. - I asked her 3 to 4 qs personal to her profile. The interviewer was very nice and the whole interview was very conversational."
5 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 17, 24
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Jan 16, 24
"1. Walk through resume 2. STG/LTG 3. Why MBA 4. Why Tuck 5. Contributions to Tuck 6. A time when you took initiatives 7. A time when you stepped out of comfort zone 8. A time when you received feedback 9. A time when you helped someone 10. Anything would like to share The interview lasted for about 45 minutes and the interviewer was super nice and actively listening and taking notes. My tips would be: 1. Prepare 5-7 stories that you really wanna tell. I have prepared stories in the following seven categories: achievement, failure, conflict, receive feedback, give feedback, deliver a bad news, strengths&weaknesses. I think these are enough to handle any behavioral questions. 2. Keep practicing until you can tell them in a natural and engaging way. You don't wanna sound scripted but you don't wanna stutter either. Before the interview I have walked through the "Whys" and 7 stories in entirety for at least 5 times (English is not my native language) 3. I would suggest in your "why school" response, make sure you do your research and "show off" some unique points. My interviewer gave me a big smile when they heard I mentioned a very specific aspect of Tuck. 4. I would also suggest use the last "anything would like to share" section to tell the story you feel most impactful if it's not shared in your other responses. 5. And be yourself and relax!"
This user wants to stay Private
China
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 13, 23
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Dec 8, 23
"Had a virtual interview. Typical walk me through your resume, why Tuck, why MBA. There were no "tell me about..." questions. It was more centered around, these projects on your resume sound cool, can you walk me through them (getting the story behind the bullets). Interviewer was very warm, friendly, and asked very natural questions."
7.5 years
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 12, 23
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Oct 12, 22
"interviewed in round 1, guaranteed interview slot (not admitted) These were the questions I was asked: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. ST/LT goals 3. Why MBA, Why Tuck, Why Now? 4. What is the accomplishment you are most proud of (personal or professional) 5. What was the most difficult thing in achieving this? 6. On the flip side, biggest failure? 7. Tell me about a time you went out of your way to learn something new. 8. What activities/clubs do you expect to be involved in, and how will you contribute? 9. The most important feedback you have given someone. Interview ran for about 45 minutes, pretty casual and conversational The GMAT Club Interview Debriefs can be pretty helpful, because I was told that the 2nd year interviewers have a list of questions from the Ad Com to be used in interviews"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Sep 11, 23
Interviewed on:
Sep 8, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I was interviewed by a second-year student. It was friendly and conversational. The entire interview took about 25 mins + time for my questions. 1. Please walk me through your resume. 2. Why do you want to get an MBA? 3. Why Tuck? 4. Can you tell me about a time when you received critical feedback? 5. An example of a time I dealt with conflict? 6. What’s one of your lasting legacies? 7. Anything you want to share with us"
7.1 years
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 16, 23
Interviewed on:
Jan 11, 23
"Super friendly and conversational interview with a current student working with Admissions. Asked me the standard walk me through your resume, why MBA, why Tuck. Asked a few behavioural questions. He was very nice which kind of makes it hard to tell how it went lol."
4.9 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 3, 23
Interviewed on:
Jan 13, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Guaranteed interview for Round 2 with a MBA 2nd year student. 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why MBA? (I included my ST/LT goals and why Tuck in this answer) 4. Tell me about your proudest accomplishment 3. Tell me about a time you received feedback 4. Tell me about a time you gave feedback 5. Tell me about a time you were out of your comfort zone 6. What do you want to be your legacy at Tuck? 7. Any questions for me? (Asked about the selectivity of a program offering and their experience so far) Lasted 35-40 mins and was very conversational."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 26, 23
Interviewed on:
Jan 24, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Interviewer was an Alumni. WE: Manufacturing, 30 months, 740/3.2. Questions asked: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Why MBA? Why now? Why Tuck? 3. LT/ST goals 4. How will you contribute to the school? 5. Follow up with behavioral questions, I remember one: a time when you helped someone. I followed up with questions about her Tuck experience. She was nice and the interview went well overall"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 16, 23
Interviewed on:
Jan 11, 23
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"1. Tell me bout yourself? 2. Strengths and weaknesses? 3. How have you been in resolving conflicts with your peers? 4. Your community engagement? 5. Why MBA and Why Tuck? 6. Your year-end appraisal and what are the failures, and how are you planning to overcome them? 7. Most of the time, we had a chit-chat about Tuck, I researched the Revers center of energy, and I had so much interest in that part. 8. How will you contribute to Tuck Fabric?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 16, 22
Interviewed on:
Dec 12, 22
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Guaranteed interview with a MBA 2 year student. Tell me about yourself Why MBA ST/LT goals Why Tuck How will you contribute to TUCK Tell me about your proudest accomplishment Critical feedback you received Feedback you delivered Tell me something interesting you talked about with anyone in the last 1 month Lasted 35 months. Super conversational. All the best everybody"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Sep 26, 22
Interviewed on:
Sep 26, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I was interviewed by McKenzie Hunt, the conversation is very casual. I submitted my application in August so it was a guaranteed interview. Questions: 1. Tell me about yourself/Walk me through your resume? 2. Any blockers you have faced during your professional journey and what did you do? 3. Professional achievement you are proud of? 4. What constructive feedback you have received and what did you do? 5. ST/LT Goals? 6. Why MBA? 7. Why Tuck? 8. How do you contribute to Tuck? 9. Anything I missed to ask or not covered? 10. Any Questions for me?"
6.9 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 1, 22
Interviewed on:
Jan 28, 22
"Application submitted on : 3-Jan-22 Interview invite sent on: 21-Jan-22 Interviewed on: 28-Jan-22 Total interview duration - 40 mins The interviewer was a 2nd year student, specializing in consulting. While I had tested Zoom 30 mins prior and logged in 10 mins prior, my Zoom crashed, as soon as the interviewer joined(Murphy's First Law, I guess). Took around 3-4 mins to join back. He gave a quick introduction of himself, and we started the interview. Questions[30 mins] Profile Questions: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. ST/LT Goals 3. Why MBA? 4. Why now? 5. Why Tuck? Before moving to the behavioral questions, he asked me if there was something I wanted to talk about, over and above the previous questions Behavioral Questions(no specific order; paraphrasing): 1. Tell me about a time when someone came to you with a complaint. Follow up questions on the incident 2. Tell me about a time when you failed 3. What do you want your legacy at Tuck to be? 4. Given Tuck emphasizes on teamwork, what are you going to bring to the table, during interactions with your team 5. What are the clubs that you would want to join at Tuck? Why? 6. Currently, what are your biggest fears about moving to Tuck? Given the Zoom snafu, I had only 5 mins to ask him questions. Ended up asking 2 questions. Ended the conversation with apologizing again for the technical issues. Also, sent him a note of thanks within 30 mins after the interview. Hope this helps. All the best!"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 8, 21
Interviewed on:
Dec 8, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"* Application submitted on 11/29 * Invited to interview on 12/06 * Interviewed on 12/8 The interview was quite conversational and followed a usual structure beginning with pleasantries, moving on to goals and behavioral questions, and ending with questions for the interviewer. The interviewer was a 2nd-year student with a background in marketing and a humble attitude. She was very friendly and we had a great conversation. [The questions mentioned below are not how they were put exactly but I have tried my best to convey the intended meaning; I chose not to record my interview and so the order of questions may be slightly jumbled] Questions: [First ~30 mins] Why Tuck? ST/LT goals What is it that you are lacking right now to pursue your short-term goals? What clubs and activities do you see yourself engaging in at Tuck? What has been your most significant achievement? A time when you went out of your comfort zone! A time when you learned something from your peers! Negative feedback that you received at work and how did you respond to it? How did it change you? Anything that you hoped to cover as part of our interaction but has not come up yet? [Last ~10 mins] Do you have any questions for me? I hope this helps! All the very best!"
3.2 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 8, 21
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Dec 7, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Submitted my app on 30th November, 2021 Received my invite on 1st December, 2021 The interview was with a second year student, our meeting lasted around 40 minutes. 1) Walk me through your resume 2) Short term goals 3) Why MBA? Why Tuck 4) Long term goals Few behavioral questions 1) An occasion where you went outside of your comfort zone 2) Personal achievement that you are most proud of 3) Negative feedback that you received and how you handled it 4) Negative feedback that you have GIVEN and what/how The floor was then open for any questions I had and/or if I wanted to add something to the discussion. The interviewer was very friendly and open"
3 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 30, 21
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Oct 28, 21
Final Decision:
Withdrawn Application
""* Application submitted on 9/25 * Invited to interview on 10/19 * Interviewed on 10/28 1- Walk me through your resume 2- Question on my job switch 3- ST and LT goals. Further question on short term goal 4- Why MBA 5- Why Tuck 6- What would you bring to the class? Further question on some of the extracurricular interests I mentioned. 7- Biggest professional achievement with some follow-up questions 8- What/Who were the three facts/ People/ Mentor have contributed to your journey 9- Share one of your mentorship experiences 10- Anything I haven't asked you that you wanted to share with me? 11- Any questions for me *Time: 40 mins *Overall: It was a great experience. The interviewer was very friendly and we had a great conversation."
5.3 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 25, 21
Interviewed on:
Oct 25, 21
"1) Walk me through your resume 2) Short term and long term goals 3) Why MBA 4) Why Tuck 5) Tell me about a time when you failed? 6) Share your biggest life achievement that you are proud of 7) Tell me about a time that you took an initiative 8) Anything else that you like to share"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 21, 21
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Oct 21, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"* Tell me a bit about yourself and why you took the decisions you did * ST/LT Goals * Tell me about your leadership style through a significant leadership experience * Tell me about your proudest personal and professional achievement * Tell me about a time you received negative feedback and how that shaped your thinking * Why Tuck * Anything else I missed * Any questions for me"
5.1 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 15, 21
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Oct 15, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"* Application submitted on 9/26 * Invited to interview on 10/11 * Interviewed on 10/15 1- Walk me through your resume 2- What is your current role/day-to-day operations? 3- What made you switch jobs? What was the driving force? 4- What values do you like to bring to your teams? 5- What is your short-term goal? Long-term goal? 6- Why an MBA now? 7- Why Tuck? 8- What are some of the clubs or activities you want to get involved in at Tuck? 9- Anything I haven't asked you that you wanted to share with me? 10- I asked questions *Overall: My interviewer at Tuck was incredibly friendly. He spent a lot of time going over my resume and asking about my experience in the industry. The interviewer seemed genuinely interested in what I said, and we chatted for a few minutes about the student clubs. The conversation was so natural. Wishing you all the best of luck!"
Kuwait
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 14, 21
Interviewed on:
Oct 13, 21
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Submitted application on 27 Sep and received interview invite on 4th Oct. Interviewed by a 2nd year student. The interview was conversational and lasted for 55 mins. 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Follow up questions on the extracurricular activities mentioned in the resume 3. Why MBA and why Tuck 4. Follow up questions on goals 5. What do you think will be challenging for you at Tuck 6. Tell me about a time you failed 7. Tell me about a time you went out of the way for someone else without any personal benefits. 8. Anything you feel was not asked 9. Questions for the interviewer"
India