GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 21 Feb 2020, 23:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Tuck v Haas

new topic post reply Update application status  

Which school to choose?

• 71% [23]
  • 28% [9]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Tuck v Haas  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2015, 17:44
I come from a background in consulting and would like to work in Finance (Investment Banking) after school. Which school is more ideal? Does Haas have a strong presence in Finance recruiting or is Tuck's network in Finance simply stronger?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Law (Law)
Re: Tuck v Haas  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2015, 18:38
Definitely tuck. where would you like to work post-MBA? If it is NYC/Boston, I think Tuck would win hands down between these two. If you want to work in SF, then perhaps Haas would come into play.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Sales (Other)

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2015, 09:20
As mentioned this will come down to geography. Neither are regional schools per se, but each is stronger on their respective coast to an extent.
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2015, 11:43
Congrats on the offers! In my bschool research, Haas never struck me as a strong school for finance though I don't know how much of it is a product of self selection. Looking at the employment reports alone Tuck clearly has a greater presence in finance.

Agree that it also comes down to geography. If you want to do west coast IB, then Haas may be better and same for east coast / Tuck. If you're geographic agnostic, the east coast has way more finance opportunities in general and therefore Tuck is the obvious choice to me. Haas and Tuck are both great schools though I really liked the culture at each.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V46

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2015, 14:23
I agree with folks above. it really comes down to location preference. i personally feel that for most part post-MBA people move to wherever they find the best job opportunity. So given the choice between sunny california weather and harsh new england weather, one should take location into account as both schools are similarly ranked and carry similar prestige factor.

I vote for Haas and california weather! :)
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2015, 16:23
Both schools are good; however, for IBD Tuck places into every BB and many of the elite boutiques. Everyone in my class (first year at Tuck) who has pursued IBD has received multiple offers in NYC (as well as London, LA, and Houston for those who targeted those cities).
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2016, 23:41
Berkeley Haas.

Everyone at Haas who wanted to go into IB and consulting has successfully been able to secure offers. In fact, because there are lesser Haas students interested in joining in IB and consulting, it makes the competition lesser for their graduates. It also is the better brand name between the two internationally as the Berkeley name is a globally recognized name.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Tuck v Haas   [#permalink] 05 Aug 2016, 23:41

Tuck v Haas

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste