GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 06:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

UBC Sauder - Class of 2017 - Calling all MBA applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: UBC Sauder - Class of 2017 - Calling all MBA applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 21:59
Hello folks. People with an admit - did anyone get any scholarship or other financial assistance. Any other information about scholarships is appreciated.
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 10:15
Got admit from sauder yesterday! no info on scholarship though! might be in the welcome package! fingers crossed! i might reject schulich for sauders! financial constraints! :D . Any info on Sauder as a brand would be helpful!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Anderson '17 (M)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 10:19
^^ Yes I received some scholarship plus the $2k early entrance award for applying by the Jan. 5th deadline. Only found out about it via the mailed admit package. :)
Intern
Intern
UBC Sauder - Class of 2017 - Calling all MBA applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 23:07
AKCNC and Abhimirage . Congrats on your admits. I too received an admit and I am yet to receive my admission package. Meanwhile I am researching on ways to fund the program. Anyone with info about any loan programs in Canada please let me know.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.51

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 01:07
Hey Guys, got the offer + 10k $ scholarship! Still not sure where to go though (have multiple offers)
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2015, 05:18
unceldolan: Congratulations for the admit! So will you be joining sauders? or are you still contemplating over it?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2015, 05:20
I am making a group on Whatsapp! all the prospective students can pm me their contact number! it would be easier to discuss the pros and cons that way! Cheers
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2015, 23:50
Abhimirage wrote:
unceldolan: Congratulations for the admit! So will you be joining sauders? or are you still contemplating over it?

hey there! not yet. On the one hand, I am still not srue where to go and on the other hand I am waiting for Friday, 20th since Georgetown will publish there!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Schools: Schulich '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 01:51
Hi guys,

Congratualtions on your admits! :-D

On an average, how long did they take to come back to you after the interview?

Thanks.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 02:18
GMATSmudge wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks.

Hey!

It took them around 10 days, but I told them that I already had another offer of admission at that time hence they promised to give me a decision before that date (that was march 10th and they admitted me on march 8th). Got a Skype call, the official e-mail came two days later. However, I think normally they take 14 days minimum (that's what my interviewer told me)

Regards
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 01:39
unceldolan wrote:
GMATSmudge wrote:
Hi guys,
Thanks.

Hey!
It took them around 10 days, but I told them that I already had another offer of admission at that time hence they promised to give me a decision before that date (that was march 10th and they admitted me on march 8th). Got a Skype call, the official e-mail came two days later. However, I think normally they take 14 days minimum (that's what my interviewer told me)
Regards

Thanks! So you got a Skype call informing you that you are admitted? The AdCom told me that it usually takes 14 days too. But I have seen instances of students getting accepted much sooner. I'll just wait for some news.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 01:45
GMATSmudge wrote:
unceldolan wrote:
GMATSmudge wrote:
Hi guys,
Thanks.

Hey!
Regards

Thanks! So you got a Skype call informing you that you are admitted? The AdCom told me that it usually takes 14 days too. But I have seen instances of students getting accepted much sooner. I'll just wait for some news.

yup, but I think it was courtesy since I needed a quick decision. I was called by Darren Dahl and he explained that he'd like to inform me because he wasn't sure when the email gets out (since I had a deadline for another school). Normally I guess they just send you the email !
you can also check your online application, the status there is updatet when you get admission. godd luck!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 02:06
unceldolan wrote:
GMATSmudge wrote:

yup, but I think it was courtesy since I needed a quick decision. I was called by Darren Dahl and he explained that he'd like to inform me because he wasn't sure when the email gets out (since I had a deadline for another school). Normally I guess they just send you the email !
you can also check your online application, the status there is updated when you get admission. good luck!

Thanks! I came across a post of yours where you had mentioned that you're leaning towards Owen. Have you decided yet? What are the factors that you have considered against Vancouver? I hope you don't mind me asking you these questions. :)
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 02:25
GMATSmudge wrote:
unceldolan wrote:
GMATSmudge wrote:

you can also check your online application, the status there is updated when you get admission. good luck!

Thanks! I came across a post of yours where you had mentioned that you're leaning towards Owen. Have you decided yet? What are the factors that you have considered against Vancouver? I hope you don't mind me asking you these questions. :)

Hey sure no problem! Nothing decided yet (I am still waiting for georgetown to publish) but I think it will be Owen. I'd also say it is not AGAINST Vancouver/Sauder but rather FOR Owen. The reasons are mainly the ranking & statistics of the school and of course the great career management center there. Everything else (Curicculum, extracuriccular activities) are imho on the same level. What is a bit of a gamble is the job market (as an international): from what I read it may be hard(er) to get jobs in the US if you study in Canada, however, Canada grants you 2 years Visa after graduation. But what of that if I leave Canada and work in Japan (just an example) --> so not really that heavy weighted point.
Additionally, my girlfirend would like to join me and as far as I can tell there is a better job market for here in Nashville than in Vancouver (in Vancouver you find tons of IT jobs though).

So let me sum this up: Reputation / Post-MBA Salary Owen, City: Sauder, Curriculum / Activities : Even, Career Center: Owen

SO that would be 3:2 for Owen from my point of view and if I add my GF it would be Owen (since I read that Canada's visas aren't much easier to get than US)

Maybe this will help you too!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2015, 03:19
unceldolan wrote:
Hey sure no problem! Nothing decided yet (I am still waiting for georgetown to publish) but I think it will be Owen. I'd also say it is not AGAINST Vancouver/Sauder but rather FOR Owen. The reasons are mainly the ranking & statistics of the school and of course the great career management center there. Everything else (Curicculum, extracuriccular activities) are imho on the same level. What is a bit of a gamble is the job market (as an international): from what I read it may be hard(er) to get jobs in the US if you study in Canada, however, Canada grants you 2 years Visa after graduation. But what of that if I leave Canada and work in Japan (just an example) --> so not really that heavy weighted point.
Additionally, my girlfirend would like to join me and as far as I can tell there is a better job market for here in Nashville than in Vancouver (in Vancouver you find tons of IT jobs though).

So let me sum this up: Reputation / Post-MBA Salary Owen, City: Sauder, Curriculum / Activities : Even, Career Center: Owen

SO that would be 3:2 for Owen from my point of view and if I add my GF it would be Owen (since I read that Canada's visas aren't much easier to get than US)

Maybe this will help you too!

Thanks for all the input! :) My wife and I are both in IT (but I am looking at making a career change post-MBA). Vancouver seems like a good fit for us. I hope that I get an admit into Sauder.
Good luck to you!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 22:43
14 days since the interview and I'm still waiting for news from Sauder :(
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 11:23
I got accepted after interview.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 11:29
cherrychr wrote:

Congratulations! When was the interview? Are you accepting the offer?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 11:40
GMATSmudge wrote:
cherrychr wrote:

Congratulations! When was the interview? Are you accepting the offer?

About 20days ago, and I got accepted around the 16th day. I am waiting for the admit package to see whether I get some scholarship.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Sauder '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.04
WE: Supply Chain Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2015, 23:13
Hi all,
I got an admit and I have accepted the same.
Let's make a Facebook and Whatsapp group of all those who have accepted.
It'll be a nice to be in touch before classes start and will be even better when we finally meet.
You can search me on FB - Gurleen Singh Ruprah
Add me on Whatsapp - 00974 66122 049.

Can't wait to see you all soon this fall !!
Cheers!!
Re: UBC Sauder - Class of 2017 - Calling all MBA applicants &nbs [#permalink] 05 Apr 2015, 23:13

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 73 posts ] 

UBC Sauder - Class of 2017 - Calling all MBA applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap