Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618797 [10]
Given Kudos: 81588
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 231 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 550 Q44 V23
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 401 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 580 Q47 V23
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V27
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 543 [1]
Given Kudos: 84
Send PM
Re: Under the new corporate insurance policy, when an employer is charged [#permalink]
Kudos
Under the new corporate insurance policy, when an employer is charged for damages to a third party wholly or largely as a result of actions by an employee, he is entitled to recoup the amount of the damages.

(A) he is entitled to recoup -> the employee can be he or she
(B) the employer is entitled to recoup -> employer is not entitled, the employee is entitled
(C) he or she is entitled to recoup-> correct
(D) he is entitled to recoup for-> same as A
(E) the employer is entitled to recoup for-> same as B

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 401 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 580 Q47 V23
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V27
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Under the new corporate insurance policy, when an employer is charged [#permalink]
hiranmay wrote:
Under the new corporate insurance policy, when an employer is charged for damages to a third party wholly or largely as a result of actions by an employee, he is entitled to recoup the amount of the damages.

(A) he is entitled to recoup -> the employee can be he or she
(B) the employer is entitled to recoup -> employer is not entitled, the employee is entitled
(C) he or she is entitled to recoup-> correct
(D) he is entitled to recoup for-> same as A
(E) the employer is entitled to recoup for-> same as B

Posted from my mobile device

Here the employer had paid the money on behalf of the employee, then how an employee is eligible to recoup the amount of the damages? The employer is entitled to recoup the amount of damages. Option C distorts the meaning here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 417
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Ans : B

Under the policy, The employer can get reimbursed for the charges the employer paid for the damages done by any employee.
Answer choice should be clear in conveying that the employer is entitled to recoup.
Pronoun "he" or "He or She" may refer to employee. Hence ambiguous.

We are left with Option B and E.
Recoup verb takes direct object. Hence B is the correct answer.

Regards,
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Own Kudos [?]: 404 [1]
Given Kudos: 326
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V26
GRE 1: Q162 V149
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM