GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2019, 21:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Alberta School of Business - applicants (Fall 2020) - Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Alberta "22
Alberta School of Business - applicants (Fall 2020) - Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 13 Sep 2019, 00:59
This is a thread for the applicants to the Alberta School of Business - MBA program. Here we can post our queries and share our experiences and in turn help ourselves and others as well to perfect the applications.

Add Alberta MBA to your profile

Alberta MBA Deadlines: 2020 Intake
RoundApplication DueDecisions by
R1Jan 15, 20-
Final (International)Apr 15, 20-
Final (Domestic)Jun 1, 20-

Originally posted by krajput on 11 Sep 2019, 10:00.
Last edited by Narenn on 13 Sep 2019, 00:59, edited 1 time in total.
Data tables and links
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Alberta School of Business - applicants (Fall 2020) - Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 01:00
Thanks for starting the discussion. Just added deadlines, data tables in the first post.

Good luck to all applicants!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Alberta School of Business - applicants (Fall 2020) - Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2019, 00:44
Is there any WhatsApp group for Alberta MBA fall 2020 applicants?

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2019, 03:44
I see 22 applicants in the stats table but hardly any discussion happening here. :-) C'mon folks, show yourself! Start talking with fellow applicants, discuss application strategies, exchange ideas and thoughts. An open and fruitful dialogue is in the best interest of everyone truly aspiring to get into Alberta MBA.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
Schools: Molson '22 (A)

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2019, 23:05
damensah wrote:

I have an admit from Alberta.
Anyone else here, too?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.79
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2019, 23:50
achaube wrote:
damensah wrote:

Anyone else here, too?

Can you please share your profile.
Intern
Intern
Schools: DeGroote "22 (I)

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 20:53
achaube wrote:
damensah wrote:

Anyone else here, too?

I have submitted the application and how long does it take to here a reply from them?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GPA: 3.35
WE: Operations (Transportation)
Alberta School of Business - applicants (Fall 2020) - Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 06:18
Hi everyone. I submitted the application in early October and was invited for Kira Talent Interview. The very first question on the Kira platform will be Why MBA and why Alberta (you need to explain in 1 min). My Kira interview was considerably good but its shocking to note that within 8 hours of completing the Interview, I was denied an admit. :| I completed the Kira interview when it was 2:00 AM in Edmonton and I got the decision sharp at 9:00 AM. :shocked That was super quick!! What was shocking was that they don't roll out Kira invite unless they feel that the profile (test score, sop, recommendations) satisfies the criteria.

I reached out to Chris (the admissions director) who told me that the adcom felt that they could have better applicants over the course of admission cycle. My current background is in the Oil/International Shipping Industry (work ex: 45 months, experience of working in 32 countries, lots of extra curicullars). The school metioned that they felt that my future goals to venture in Operations Consulting would be difficult. My advise to all applicants is to be very concrete about your future goals, why you are picking Alberta, and why do you need an MBA 'NOW' in your SOP. Personal opinion follows - Given the budget cut at Uni of alberta and pipeline issue, the school appears to be very wary of selecting candidates to get a diverse classroom experince. I felt that they are prefer candidates who can easily land up jobs, which will ultimately help the school in a stronger employability report.

All the best guys. :)
My 2 cents,
Sailormarine
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 12:07
maggi123 wrote:
achaube wrote:
damensah wrote:

Anyone else here, too?

I have submitted the application and how long does it take to here a reply from them?

I have a deferred admit to the UofA, i.e; I was admitted last year but couldn't join due to some personal reasons. From what I experienced last year if everything is in order, it should take around 2-3 months from the date of submitting the application to receiving an official admit from FGRS.

Should you have any further queries, feel free to post in this thread.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 12:10
achaube wrote:
damensah wrote:

Anyone else here, too?

Congratulations on receiving the offer of admission. I do have an admit as well. Drop your digits in a personal message and I shall add you to the group.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Alberta School of Business - applicants (Fall 2020) - Class of 2022   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2019, 12:10

Alberta School of Business - applicants (Fall 2020) - Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status