Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:21 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Real Estate, International Business
GPA: 3.4
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
URGENT HELP NEEDED! Stuck on my GMAT score. Final exam is in 13 days. [#permalink]
Hello,

After reading your reply, I realised all the more that I don't have a lot of time to achieve a 650+ score. But, I want to appear for the test at least once to get a realistic experience. No matter what score I get in my coming practice tests, I will be giving my final exam on 14th. I do not mind appearing for a second attempt.

As of now, I have decided to brush up all my quant topics and solve at least 10-15 examples in each topic from OG. I have noticed one thing, MGMAT CAT's quant is more calculative than others. So it does take slightly longer to solve the questions. But this is just my opinion, I am not sure if its accurate. Do correct me if I am wrong.
For verbal, I want to focus on applying the strategies well.

I will be giving 1st GMATprep test on 7th feb and then the 2nd one on 11th feb.

1) Study material: For quant, I am using Manhattan guides. In verbal, I am using SC manhattan guide, for CR and RC, I use gmatclub's tips and strategies. I did use veritas videos to develop my own strategies as well. The major problem with RC and CR is that I am not applying my strategies well enough. So I am hoping that more practice with strategies should be a little helpful.

2) B-School application: As of now, I only have 2 years of experience. Even I decide to apply with 3 years of experience, then my application process will start in July/Aug'17 since R1 deadlines are in Sept-Oct'17. This gives me sufficient time to re-appear assuming that I don't get a decent score.

3) Schools: I have decided to apply to Canadian B-Schools (Between top 5-20) and ISB in India.

Do suggest any changes that you think are required in this schedule/plan.

Thank you.

EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Anushree9326,

GMAC has publicly stated that the Official Score that you earn on Test Day is within +/- 30 points of actual ability. Assuming a similar 'swing' in how your CATs function, your 3 CAT score results show that you essentially performed the same each time (+/- a few points) - and that your current ability level is right around a 560. However, since you've skipped the Essay and IR sections each time, you've taken shorter, easier Exams than what you'll face when you take the Official GMAT, so it's likely that these scores are unrealistic and "inflated." Unfortunately, the goal of raising this to a consistent 650+ in less than 2 weeks is NOT a realistic goal. You will likely need at least another 1-2 months of consistent, guided study to reach that level. As such, you should consider pushing back your Test Date.

1) What study materials have you used so far?
2) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
3) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Originally posted by Bushka26 on 01 Feb 2017, 22:22.
Last edited by Bushka26 on 26 Oct 2020, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
URGENT HELP NEEDED! Stuck on my GMAT score. Final exam is in 13 days. [#permalink]
Hello,

Yes, I did review each of my exam. Spent 1.5-2 hours reviewing them problem by problem. Found out my weaknesses and strengths, went back to books, revised and solved questions based on those topics. This is what confuses me, even after doing that I did not score well or didn't maintain the 650 score I got in my first test. I know the time duration between two tests was not ideal, but none of my conditions are ideal, I wanted to build up my stamina by appearing for these tests.

omizzle wrote:
How are you reviewing your exams? You should be reviewing every question (whether correct or incorrect) to understand why you did/did not get it wrong. Also, with such little time between tests, I am not surprised there hasn't been any change (Jan 28 to Feb 1 is not much time!)

Originally posted by Bushka26 on 01 Feb 2017, 22:29.
Last edited by Bushka26 on 26 Oct 2020, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED! Stuck on my GMAT score. Final exam is in 13 days. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Anushree9326,

From what you've stated, you're not facing any immediate application deadlines, so rushing in to take the GMAT - when you probably won't hit your score goal - sounds like something of a waste of money. There's certainly nothing wrong with taking the GMAT as scheduled, and the experience of facing the Official GMAT at the Testing Facility could be beneficial to you (in terms of better preparing you for a second attempt), but that's an expensive experience. You seem comfortable with the idea that retaking the GMAT is not a "bad thing", so I would question why you're essentially forcing that to happen when you could pay $50 and push back your Test Date (and save $200 - since you wouldn't have to repay the full $250 Test Fee).

Beyond those points, I'm concerned that you're essentially going to 'waste' the two free Official GMAC CATs by forcing them into your schedule before February 14th. In addition - the study advice, suggestions, etc. that I would give you requires a longer timeframe to implement (than the 11 days that you currently have).

You can certainly approach this process in whatever way you choose, but there's something to be said for working efficiently and not wasting time/money/energy when it isn't necessary.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED! Stuck on my GMAT score. Final exam is in 13 days. [#permalink]