Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 2.72
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 570 Q38 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.06
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2015 Intake)Class of 2018 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Accepted to the LA Monday/Wedneday cohort! Looking forward to meeting everyone else in the program!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2015 Intake)Class of 2018 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
Woot woot! Congrats mrcow00!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3
Send PM
Had the interview yesterday with a current student and felt it went extremely well. It was very casual and gave me a really good feeling about USC overall as a program. The interview lasted over an hour and by the end of it, he was basically selling USC to me. To mirror what everyone is saying, definitely know why MBA, why now, and why USC.

Originally posted by presidentjay on 29 Mar 2015, 08:11.
Last edited by presidentjay on 29 Mar 2015, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I had my interview yesterday as well, but with kellee scott, a member of the adcom. She is extremely friendly and the interview definitely leaned on the "conversational" side of things. However, I was so nervous. I wish I could do it again and make myself feel more calm. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. We spent roughly half of that time discussing my current job and the other half of the questions were about what I wanted to do in the future. She said we should hear an answer by the end of the week.

Overall, I don't feel too great about my performance. Fingers crossed that I am just being hard on myself.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jackson09 wrote:
I had my interview yesterday as well, but with kellee scott, a member of the adcom. She is extremely friendly and the interview definitely leaned on the "conversational" side of things. However, I was so nervous. I wish I could do it again and make myself feel more calm. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. We spent roughly half of that time discussing my current job and the other half of the questions were about what I wanted to do in the future. She said we should hear an answer by the end of the week.

Overall, I don't feel too great about my performance. Fingers crossed that I am just being hard on myself.

Thanks for everyones feedback! Im sure you did just fine and are being hard on yourself. The interview can only help you not hurt you! An answer by the end of the week, wow that's quick! I interview the second week of April, hopefully there are spots left!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks man hopefully you're right! My best advice would be to relax and be yourself. Also know your "why mba", "why marshall", "future plans" questions down pat. I would also keep in mind that the interview starts the minute you walk int he building, not necessarily when the interview begins. Kellee commented that she had overheard me saying a few things to the other prospective students waiting outside, so they are obviously listening.

I am assuming end of the week for decisions on this round of interviews, but her exact words were "in about 5 days". Assuming she means 5 business days putting us at Friday :)

Let me know if you have any questions!! I'll post back when I hear something.

LAMBA18 wrote:
jackson09 wrote:

Thanks for everyones feedback! Im sure you did just fine and are being hard on yourself. The interview can only help you not hurt you! An answer by the end of the week, wow that's quick! I interview the second week of April, hopefully there are spots left!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the advice. I have already recited in my head what I would like to say on those subjects, they aren't BS so I think it will come across as natural and genuine. What I find interesting is that some interview with students and others admission committee. I personally would prefer to interview with the ad com because I feel they have more of an influence on the decision? In any regards, I am excited that I get the opportunity to interview and Jackson I would be shocked if you were not admitted. You got this!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks so much lamba18, I really hope you're right!!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I spoke with admissions and I think a lot more decisions are going to be released today. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have the most hilarious story that happened to me today and wanted to share with you guys here!

So like most people in this forum I have been waiting on pins and needles for my app status to be updated or a phone call from a 213 number to come in. This morning I received a call from an unknown 213 and I got so excited! I answered the phone, and there was a computerized voice that said "congratulations!!!.... You have been invited to win a trip to the Bahamas!"

A telemarketer! Lol! Definitely the universe playing an April fools joke on me ;)

mrcow00 wrote:
I spoke with admissions and I think a lot more decisions are going to be released today. Good luck everyone!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
My interviewer told me updates for part time students would start today. Has anyone heard anything yet? Seems like they are still busy notifying the full time students first.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Everyone should continue to check their application, that is where the decision will likely first show up. I randomly noticed I was admitted through my application (without any notification of a decision being made) and received a phone call a couple days later. It was a nice surprise.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mrcow00 wrote:
Everyone should continue to check their application, that is where the decision will likely first show up. I randomly noticed I was admitted through my application (without any notification of a decision being made) and received a phone call a couple days later. It was a nice surprise.

Thanks for all the information! Did admissions tell you they would release part time admissions specifically or just admissions in general?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
presidentjay wrote:
Thanks for all the information! Did admissions tell you they would release part time admissions specifically or just admissions in general?

They said part time admissions specifically. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
When I was admitted back in January, I got the phone call on a Friday, as it turns out, with many others on that Friday. I would guess if they are thinking this week, they will be making calls on Friday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quiet over here... No phone call or updates in the app.Anyone hear anything today?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just talked to admissions and they stated that they are still finishing up the full-time students today. She said they've released very few notices to R2 part time students and probably will not get to the remaining part-time applicants until next week.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts