GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Aug 2020, 02:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

USC Marshall MBA.PM (2015 Intake)Class of 2018 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q37 V38
GPA: 3.17
WE: Project Management (Entertainment and Sports)
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2015 Intake)Class of 2018 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2015, 17:00
LAMBA18 wrote:
gak314 wrote:
The adcom brought them up. I wouldn't say the concerns were overly specific. I am looking to switch career paths, from entertainment/creative services to marketing. She asked if I had a back-up plan if the career switch didn't work, which I thought was a bit of an odd question, but I did my best to address the issue. Good luck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes!

ok, thanks! That is actually not that bad of a question I hope you countered saying that with the skill set that you will acquire at Marshall along with the multiple career options that the school provides you will be able to transition to one of many career paths provided to you! Thanks for the luck, I will write back about my interview experience!

Haha I don't think what I said was quite that concise since I was a bit nervous, but yes, that was the gist :)

Does anyone know when the next round of decisions will be released? I asked yesterday and was told sometime in the next few weeks. Has anyone heard a more precise time frame?
Intern
Intern
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2015 Intake)Class of 2018 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2015, 17:02
Oh one other question! Have people been sending thank you letters to the people they interviewed with? I typically do that with a job interview, but am not sure in this case. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 2.72

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2015, 18:20
gak314 - I sent a short email!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2015, 23:13
gak314 wrote:
Oh one other question! Have people been sending thank you letters to the people they interviewed with? I typically do that with a job interview, but am not sure in this case. Thanks.

I totally did. Dunno if it helped me get in but it couldn't hurt
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2015, 23:18
DubyaB wrote:
Good luck to everyone that still needs to interview! Mine was really conversational, I have a tendency to over prepare but honestly the best thing you can do is just be relaxed and confident. At the end of the day everything I over prepared for and worried about didn't really help me.

So kinda nuts, but I've been accepted to both the part time USC program and accelerated 15 month Pepperdine program and I'm having a hard time deciding between the two (definitely leaning towards USC though). I was wondering if anyone here has contemplated a similar thing (part time MBA at a great school vs full time at a so so school). For me it really comes down to being finished in 15 months vs 33 months and maybe the full time program allowing me to switch careers more easily. Even though being in school longer might be a drag, I really feel like the USC brand is something you can carry with you for life versus a possibly forgettable pepperdine degree (which is why im leaning towards USC). I'm also a fan of the school even though I didn't do my undergrad there so from a sports aspect it's great. i kinda need a sanity check tho. I'm also assuming part time students at USC have full access to career services and when you graduate the diploma and how you describe the program on your resume is the same (could someone confirm?).

Thanks!

I turned down an accelerated program at uci with money becuase I realized how important the brand and the network will be for the future. You will also have full access to the career services beginning your second year at usc. Besides... 3 years is more time to bond with more people. It's a no brainer in my opinion.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Marshall '17

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 14:32
anyone in the LA M/W Cohort want to meet? Received an invitation to the USC game this sat but I won't be attending. Does anyone know if future social events will be available?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 18:27
kimbermw wrote:
anyone in the LA M/W Cohort want to meet? Received an invitation to the USC game this sat but I won't be attending. Does anyone know if future social events will be available?

I'm OC core, but would do happy hour with anyone!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 18:30
Ditto

marblized2 wrote:
DubyaB wrote:
Good luck to everyone that still needs to interview! Mine was really conversational, I have a tendency to over prepare but honestly the best thing you can do is just be relaxed and confident. At the end of the day everything I over prepared for and worried about didn't really help me.

So kinda nuts, but I've been accepted to both the part time USC program and accelerated 15 month Pepperdine program and I'm having a hard time deciding between the two (definitely leaning towards USC though). I was wondering if anyone here has contemplated a similar thing (part time MBA at a great school vs full time at a so so school). For me it really comes down to being finished in 15 months vs 33 months and maybe the full time program allowing me to switch careers more easily. Even though being in school longer might be a drag, I really feel like the USC brand is something you can carry with you for life versus a possibly forgettable pepperdine degree (which is why im leaning towards USC). I'm also a fan of the school even though I didn't do my undergrad there so from a sports aspect it's great. i kinda need a sanity check tho. I'm also assuming part time students at USC have full access to career services and when you graduate the diploma and how you describe the program on your resume is the same (could someone confirm?).

Thanks!

I turned down an accelerated program at uci with money becuase I realized how important the brand and the network will be for the future. You will also have full access to the career services beginning your second year at usc. Besides... 3 years is more time to bond with more people. It's a no brainer in my opinion.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Marshall PM '18

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2015, 11:42
Hey everyone, I have not had time to discuss my interview last week until now. I met with an admissions committee member and I think the interview well. The interviewer asked similar questions that others had posted on this blog. It was very conversational, to the point where I am not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing haha. In any regards, hope to hear soon. I hate waiting!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2015, 09:43
Ok, so starting to get nervous. When should I hear back? Do I receive a phone call or should I check the portal?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2015, 09:50
LAMBA18 wrote:
Ok, so starting to get nervous. When should I hear back? Do I receive a phone call or should I check the portal?

Yea I haven't heard anything yet either. By phone or online. Am definitely with ya, nervous and tired of waiting!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2015, 10:17
I know how you both feel. I didn't get a phone call until three business days after I found out online, so keep checking the application portal. Also, they update that portal throughout the day. I was checking it once in the morning and once in the evening and found out I was accepted on a Friday evening.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2015, 10:23
I didn't hear anything yet...although I got into Merage at UCI with scholarship, I hope to get into Marshall...
Should I just wait to see the decision posted on the portal, or I should send them an email to ask any update?
Thanks guys, and hopefully I will see all of you during the program...
Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2015, 07:54
Thanks for the advice guys. Excited to say I just submitted my intent to enroll for Marshall and will be in the LA M/W Cohort. Can anyone speak to the intensity of the Pre Fall program? I'm sure this happens every year, but I have a good friends wedding to attend on August 1st. This program is definitely my first priority now, but if I could do both that would be awesome. You think its worth asking?

jackson09 wrote:
Ditto

marblized2 wrote:
DubyaB wrote:

Thanks!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2015, 07:57
They have stated that the full weekend of July 31- August 2 is mandatory, but I think its worth asking!

DubyaB wrote:
Thanks for the advice guys. Excited to say I just submitted my intent to enroll for Marshall and will be in the LA M/W Cohort. Can anyone speak to the intensity of the Pre Fall program? I'm sure this happens every year, but I have a good friends wedding to attend on August 1st. This program is definitely my first priority now, but if I could do both that would be awesome. You think its worth asking?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2015, 12:20
Hey guys, just checking in. I still haven't heard back from admissions! My interview was on 4/10 and upon completion of the interview I was told that I would hear back within a week. That obviously did not happen. Should I call to check in for a status update? I appreciate your feedback!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2015, 12:27
LAMBA18 wrote:
Hey guys, just checking in. I still haven't heard back from admissions! My interview was on 4/10 and upon completion of the interview I was told that I would hear back within a week. That obviously did not happen. Should I call to check in for a status update? I appreciate your feedback!

I interviewed on Friday and was told that I will find out by next Friday regarding the results, didn't hear anything so I called Friday around 11am and they said they were updating and I will find out online. Which I thought meant I didn't get in, but then I got a call around 2 saying that I did. You should call and ask, maybe there is an issue somewhere like wrong phone number listed.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2015, 13:01
Thanks for the feedback. I called and was told to continue to check the web portal. Looks like I will pressing the refresh button again all week!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 10:10
LAMBA18 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I called and was told to continue to check the web portal. Looks like I will pressing the refresh button again all week!

Oh no!! I will be doing the same thing. I am going out of my mind at this point since I have been waiting for, pretty much, 10 weeks. Will have to just keep sweating it out.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 16:00
Wait Listed :(.. any ideas on what I should do?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2015 Intake)Class of 2018 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 21 Apr 2015, 16:00

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15    Next  [ 293 posts ] 

USC Marshall MBA.PM (2015 Intake)Class of 2018 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status