GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Aug 2020, 03:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

USC Marshall MBA.PM (2015 Intake)Class of 2018 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2015 Intake)Class of 2018 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2015, 12:05
d1488 wrote:
Cares wrote:
USCHopeful2015 wrote:

Oh that's cool. Did anyone else get an invite?

Not Me :-(
Intern
Intern
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2015 Intake)Class of 2018 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2015, 12:27
Cares wrote:
USCHopeful2015 wrote:
d1488 wrote:
Any R3 applicants who got an interview call?

Not that I've heard of, which is beginning to be really frustrating :-\

I just got an interview request by e-mail yesterday. I politely declined the interview as I already committed to UCLA.

Around what time did you get your mail? This wait is excruciating :(
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2015, 14:09
d1488 wrote:

Around what time did you get your mail? This wait is excruciating :(

At 2:03pm according to Google. I'm sure they aren't contacting every single candidate in 1 day. Just wait a little.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2015, 17:19
I was invited to an interview for Monday June, 6. Unfortunately I cannot make that date. Considering they make the majority of decisions without an interview, what does an interview invite indicate, if anything?
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2015, 06:52
gcross88 wrote:
I was invited to an interview for Monday June, 6. Unfortunately I cannot make that date. Considering they make the majority of decisions without an interview, what does an interview invite indicate, if anything?

I've heard from current students at USC that they are intentionally trying to interview more students now. I guess it is a way to appear more competitive than they were in the past. Don't know how it will affect your applications but I imagine in 5 years from now a majority of applicants to USC will need to interview.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2015, 10:24
Cares wrote:
gcross88 wrote:

I've heard from current students at USC that they are intentionally trying to interview more students now. I guess it is a way to appear more competitive than they were in the past. Don't know how it will affect your applications but I imagine in 5 years from now a majority of applicants to USC will need to interview.

Does anybody have some insight on how Marshall selects candidates for interviews vs. candidates that are accepted w/out interviews vs candidates that are rejected w/out interviews? Is it a random sampling, are candidates selected for interviews folks that USC wants to get to know better either to ensure a good fit or to talk face to face due to an adcom's concern on the application, or are candidates selected for interviews folks that already have a high probability of being admitted?

I have also heard that USC is revamping their program which includes more interviews. But they need to update their website, since it still states that only few applicants will be given interviews and that most decisions will be made w/out interviews.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q35 V42
GPA: 3.55
WE: Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2015, 13:45
gennicom wrote:
Cares wrote:
gcross88 wrote:

Does anybody have some insight on how Marshall selects candidates for interviews vs. candidates that are accepted w/out interviews vs candidates that are rejected w/out interviews? Is it a random sampling, are candidates selected for interviews folks that USC wants to get to know better either to ensure a good fit or to talk face to face due to an adcom's concern on the application, or are candidates selected for interviews folks that already have a high probability of being admitted?

I have also heard that USC is revamping their program which includes more interviews. But they need to update their website, since it still states that only few applicants will be given interviews and that most decisions will be made w/out interviews.

Current student here - the main reason they're interviewing more people is to make sure each candidate is a fit for the program. I've heard that they try to interview everyone. I don't think it's necessarily to make the program seem more competitive. I doubt genuine candidates see an interview as a major obstacle if they have the stats and know they're right for the program. Based on the new admits I've met so far, they've done a good job of selecting candidates that they know will love being at USC. They've also done a good job of filtering out high quality candidates that may be better suited for other programs.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
WE: Project Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2015, 12:16
R2 waitlisted applicant here. Has anyone else on the waitlist received any guidance on how to proceed? The waitlist letter indicated that we can submit any additional materials to strengthen our candidacy, but how to do that wasn't outlined. I tried contacting my interviewer via email and the general admissions email, but haven't heard anything. I realize they are busy with R3 applications, so I don't want to be too much of a pest and put my status in jeopardy. Tips are appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2015, 08:11
mishybelle wrote:
R2 waitlisted applicant here. Has anyone else on the waitlist received any guidance on how to proceed? The waitlist letter indicated that we can submit any additional materials to strengthen our candidacy, but how to do that wasn't outlined. I tried contacting my interviewer via email and the general admissions email, but haven't heard anything. I realize they are busy with R3 applications, so I don't want to be too much of a pest and put my status in jeopardy. Tips are appreciated.

Why not call the admission phone number? I called twice before and always got a live person that was helpful.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.18
WE: Engineering (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2015, 14:11
any advice for the interview?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2015, 14:43
Anyone get an admission decision today?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2015, 07:03
hey guys,

sorry, new to the thread. anyone apply to the part time sat program and has heard back? thank you!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
WE: Project Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2015, 10:02
bluedude wrote:

Hi, my 2 cents here...

Approach the interview just like any job interview. Be an expert in yourself, your story and why you want to attend Marshall. It doesn't hurt to brush up on typical interview questions such as your strengths/weaknesses, your accomplishments, your hobbies, etc. Be calm. Be confident. Be humble, too.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2015, 10:36
bluedude wrote:

Based on my interview with UCLA - they know nothing about you as a candidate including GPA, scores, work exp., etc. During the interview you have an opportunity to sell yourself like any other job interview. You want to definitely know your resume well and be able to speak about your experience. Tie it in as to why you would add value to their MBA program. Also know why you want/need an MBA at this time and why USC specifically. Make sure to ask questions regarding the program so it shows you are genuinely interested in the program.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2015, 12:51
What the freaking hell is taking so damn LONG?!?!?!?!?!?!

I NEED MY DECISION NOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2015, 15:07
Any updates from anyone?

Somebody? ....ANYBODY?

:-(
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2015, 10:16
USCHopeful2015 wrote:
Any updates from anyone?

Somebody? ....ANYBODY?

:-(

I applied in round 3 and have been invited to interview. My interview is next week!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2015, 13:05
Good luck!

I still haven't heard from them about an interview or anything else :-(

Looks like I'm not gonna get in :-\
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2015, 14:05
USCHopeful2015 wrote:
Good luck!

I still haven't heard from them about an interview or anything else :-(

Looks like I'm not gonna get in :-\

I received my acceptance in round 1. It took about 4 weeks between when I submitted (on the last day of that round) and receiving my invite to interview. Stay hopeful, and I am sure you will hear something soon.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.41
WE: Asset Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2015, 20:34
Hi guys, I applied May 15th and got an interview invite June 5th. It is setup for tomorrow, June 11th. However, I just got a call from Anderson today and heard the awesome news that I was accepted. Still going to the Marshall interview, but in all likelihood I'm going to Anderson. Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2015 Intake)Class of 2018 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 10 Jun 2015, 20:34

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  15    Next  [ 293 posts ] 

USC Marshall MBA.PM (2015 Intake)Class of 2018 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status