GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 21 Feb 2020, 11:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

USC vs Apply Next Year

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GRE 1: Q160 V154
GPA: 3.71
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
USC vs Apply Next Year  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 24 Jun 2016, 00:46
a

Originally posted by khanimran070390 on 19 Jun 2016, 01:57.
Last edited by khanimran070390 on 24 Jun 2016, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
V
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus '21 (M$)
Reviews Badge
Re: USC vs Apply Next Year  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2016, 05:51
Hi Imran,

Consulting and finance are the most desirable fields among MBA applicants and job seekers. Your GRE score is equivalent to 600 as per chart. So you need to improve above 700. Also, you need to apply to one of schools known to be consulting powerhouse.

http://magoosh.com/gmat/2013/gre-to-gma ... onversion/

Taking into consideration your WE and goals, I may suggest you give a shoot next year. However, your requirements can't be achieved at a time in terms of ranking, weather, job placement..etc

I have a question about your schools choices in above list. Why did you apply to Kelley although you know the size and weather in Bloomington? What would be the situation if you are accepted with generous scholarship in Olin?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GRE 1: Q160 V154
GPA: 3.71
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2016, 09:35
Hi Mo2men,

Like I said, I was in a rush so I just applied to schools that still had deadlines available. Can you please list the schools that are good for coroporate finance or consulting jobs.

I am definitely planning on taking the GRE again. Other than the test score what else should I be working on to help get admitted.

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
V
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus '21 (M$)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2016, 11:53
You can shoot for the top 20-25 schools. Clearly, each school sends certain number relative to the other. Generally, the first 10 has big reputation as consulting powerhouse. Then comes 10-15 schools. For corporate finance, I think you can find big schools among the same list as I do not know exactly. To have start point, review the schools mentioned in the following ranking.

http://poetsandquants.com/2016/03/15/bi ... rograms/3/

http://poetsandquants.com/2015/11/18/ha ... ranking/3/

I advise you to start look for each school and you can communicate the students directly. Here are review section in GAMT club:

http://gmatclub.com/reviews/business_schools/

You will do the same as you did for application, LOR, Resume with clear achievements, essays. You may consider hiring a consultant to help you. Most of them offer free consulting chat. here is link for them in GMAT club:

http://gmatclub.com/reviews/admissions_consultants/

good luck
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2016, 17:42
Most of the top 15 will allow you to reach your goals, you will need to bump up your test scores to exceed 700 if you want to be competitive. I would also think about your rationale for why consulting/finance. These are two different industries so spend some time thinking about where you're interst align and which one makes the most sense for you

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2016, 22:18
I really caution you on factoring in the size of the town and the weather with this decision. When I did my MBA it could have been on Saturn or Jupiter. I lived in the library. And I definitely wasn't going out dancing every night of the week. Its 21 months. The objective here is for you to get an MBA from a school that will open doors for you so that you will have greater degree of choice as to where you will live in the future. And the weather for my experience sucks pretty much everywhere but California, and you pointed out the limitations of that. Also if you want to get into consulting I believe you need to take the GMAT and not the GRE. The last time I checked they only accepted the GMAT and you needed to have at least a 700 if graduating from a top 10 school and 720 if graduating from a top 20 School.

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Admissions Consultant & Verbal Tutor MBAPrepCoach.com
Re: USC vs Apply Next Year   [#permalink] 23 Jun 2016, 22:18

USC vs Apply Next Year

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste