Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Which School?

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Wharton ($) vs Kellogg ($$$) for health care general management [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Sounds good. I would definitely discuss it more with those in the field who can reflect back potentially (not sure if you have a network to tap into or someone you can rely on but it would be great to get their perspective; usually for me, it will be something I never even thought of or a whole different lens).

P.S. $10K sounds like an interesting scholarship amount. It is almost a throwaway amount in a sense since it is a drop in a bucket. I wonder why they decided to even award it? Not sure if that's an invitation to check/ask for more? Perhaps worth checking the scholarship again? https://gmatclub.com/forum/negotiating- ... 12949.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Wharton ($) vs Kellogg ($$$) for health care general management [#permalink]
Haha, I thought the $10k was funny too. I'm sure no one is choosing a program over 10k, I guess they were feeling charitable.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51451 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
An extra $10K could easily mean three solid trips with your business school peers!

Joking aside, I would vote for Kellogg on this one. I don't really see a lot of difference in the two programs except Wharton's slightly higher reputation.

At that point, it is a very marginal improvement in your bragging rights (thanks bb with that excellent airline analogy). I would take the money at Kellogg. It may not seem a whole lot in the grander scheme of things, but financial flexibility is a great-to-have in business school, and it also opens more doors to taking risks. I, for some reason, always have the loan-repayment ghost lurking at the back of my wardrobe before making any career decision. Not having to do that would make me feel a lot more, I guess, independent. I would most likely look at the startup c3ai more seriously rather than be fixated at the super big tech FAANG.

Your mileage may vary, but in all circles, Kellogg is just as reputable as H/S/W.

Congrats again on the HUGE score!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts