Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for you reply, Scott.

I am confident that I can improve the scores if I spend more time on the test but, I have read that only 1/3 rd. of what schools look is GMAT. Shouldn't my good educational and professional background make up for it? I think 680 is pretty competent, just not sure if my quant score was good enough especally for a finance major.

As to why I want to switch now, how about it is crappy being in IT in the US now a days knowing that some one in a third world country can do my job for 1/10th of my salary? Well, this is the real reason. I want to stand out in the crowd and set myself apart.

I don't want to go part time because I did for my second masters and it was pretty hard. I have the money now to not have to work while I go to school and hopefully I can just stay focused on school for a couple of years. Not many companies sponsor their employees for executive MBAs, especially if you are in IT/Software.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
I wouldn't even try to quantify it (e.g., "1/3 of what schools look at is the GMAT"). It's much more fluid and less predictable than that. It's just one part of your overall application. So, don't stress over your score too much.

Actually, a lot of companies DO sponsor their employees for executive MBAs, although not necessarily in your field.

My only advice is to really try to sharpen your story for why you want an MBA now. That's the best advice I can give you.

Scott
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks again, Scott. I appreciate your time.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]