Last visit was: 20 May 2024, 17:00 It is currently 20 May 2024, 17:00
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1558 [0]
Given Kudos: 342
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.93
WE:Account Management (Education)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73286 [1]
Given Kudos: 18990
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11687 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: What could have gone wrong with my taking the drink during the break [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Nez,

Certain foods and drinks will affect Test Takers in different ways, which is one of the reasons why it's important to 'experiment' a bit during your studies - so that you can come up with the perfect combinations of items that you'll use on Test Day. It's interesting that the beverage you drank (which I assume is caffeinated) seemed to have the opposite effect on you. Did you eat anything during that break or did you just drink that beverage? Had you eaten anything before you took that CAT or were you Testing on an empty stomach?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: What could have gone wrong with my taking the drink during the break [#permalink]
I ate very well before the test.
And during the break I just took only the drink and the drink only. I did nothing else other than take the drink.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11687 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Nez,

As odd as it may sound, it's possible that you had some type of allergic reaction to something in that beverage, so you should probably avoid it in the future (and you might want to try other beverages). You might also want to try eating something during your two 8-minute breaks.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7793 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I'd highly recommend that you don't do anything on test day that you haven't been doing in practice. No new drinks, medications, diets, etc. I wouldn't even wear a new sweater! Stick with comfortable and familiar routines, and try your best to recreate what you have already been doing. If you have yet to hit an acceptable score at home, don't take the real test!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
What could have gone wrong with my taking the drink during the break [#permalink]
Not totally relevant, but from my experience - I drank too much water before the exam. During the break, I had to run to WC that was on a different floor and was a bit stressed that I may not be able to make it back in time. Plus it ruined my concentration during the exam.
Eventually, I my score was fine, but I still can't let the thought go that if not for that, I could do slightly better.
GMAT Club Bot
What could have gone wrong with my taking the drink during the break [#permalink]