GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 01:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

When do most people quit their job before matriculation?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.45
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
When do most people quit their job before matriculation?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2014, 00:06
jlgdr wrote:
Have a quick question, somewhat related to this

Is there any issue if you quit working after receiving the admission decision? I plan to work until Jan 4th and my decisions will come on the week of Dec 15th. I already know that if I'm dinged by both school I'll be heading to CBS, but I was wondering it there would be an issue when the guys from the BG check call and HR tells them that I no longer work there because I left in Jan 4th. (I'll try to do the BG check as quick as possible after admission but these guys take their time). The reason I'm leaving soon is b/c I want to start a Pre-MBA internship asap.

Thanks for the thoughts,
Cheers, J

Well, there is something I think we all agree on; You have in no way promised them in the application that you will continue working after receiving the admission offer. You were only asked about how much work experience you anticipate to have upon matriculation. Anticipation is not something you get caught for, at least not in the world we live in. However, I think you should double check and ask some people that know the real answer. If I were you, I would not ask the admission folks in your school as it may shift their focus on that small bad thing. Probably dropping an admission consultant an email may be the right thing. Some of them answer admission-related questions for anyone.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.3
Re: When do most people quit their job before matriculation?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 20:06
Lol
Admissionado
G
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 08:34
abdc99 wrote:
jlgdr wrote:
Have a quick question, somewhat related to this

Is there any issue if you quit working after receiving the admission decision? I plan to work until Jan 4th and my decisions will come on the week of Dec 15th. I already know that if I'm dinged by both school I'll be heading to CBS, but I was wondering it there would be an issue when the guys from the BG check call and HR tells them that I no longer work there because I left in Jan 4th. (I'll try to do the BG check as quick as possible after admission but these guys take their time). The reason I'm leaving soon is b/c I want to start a Pre-MBA internship asap.

Thanks for the thoughts,
Cheers, J

Well, there is something I think we all agree on; You have in no way promised them in the application that you will continue working after receiving the admission offer. You were only asked about how much work experience you anticipate to have upon matriculation. Anticipation is not something you get caught for, at least not in the world we live in. However, I think you should double check and ask some people that know the real answer. If I were you, I would not ask the admission folks in your school as it may shift their focus on that small bad thing. Probably dropping an admission consultant an email may be the right thing. Some of them answer admission-related questions for anyone.

Yup. You can always post a question in our forum, and I'll do my best to get back to you with a thought or two...
ask-admissionado-167/

JF

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2015, 21:59
I don't think there is any one right answer here, whatever will be best for you. Lost of people like to work right up to the day they are moving. After all, business school is quite expensive so if they can work an extra month or two, that is an extra month of salary in the bank. Also, you'll want to make sure you leave enough time to wrap up any important projects you are working on with your employer. The last thing you want to do is leave and put the company in a tough spot trying to find someone to take over your work.

Mike
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Non-Human User
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2018, 15:59
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: When do most people quit their job before matriculation? &nbs [#permalink] 01 Apr 2018, 15:59

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 25 posts ] 

When do most people quit their job before matriculation?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap