Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 313 [0]
Given Kudos: 286
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q800 V800
GPA: 3
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Which Test is more accurate according to you guys? [#permalink]
gurpreetsingh wrote:
In my opinion the order is
gmatprep > mgmat > kaplan.

Ditto. MGMAT's Quants is tougher than the actual test, while it's Verbal section is easier.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Fuqua '14 (M)
Send PM
Where do you think Knewton falls within this group?

Thx.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 300 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Kudos
martie11 wrote:
Where do you think Knewton falls within this group?

Thx.

martie,

Today i gave second knewton cat. I liked the quant section but didn't liked somethings about verbal section. Rc's were good. BUT many sc's and cr's were very similar to questions of OG. Even before i completely read the question i knew what was going to be the answer. I felt i got inflated score on verbal section. Also there was no AWA section which is strange.

priyankjainn wrote:
Hi,

Which Test among Kaplan, GMAT Prep & Manhattan GMAT is most accurate according to you guys !
Opinions are welcomed. Please shed your experience on it so that others can be benefited.

Thanks.

@priyank

Gmatprep is by far the best cat available and its algorithm is closest to real Gmat. Though i found manhatan cat's quant to be very challenging the questions were not very representative of gmatprep or Og12. however manhatan cats are very good to build stamina and considered next best to gmatprep. Kaplan seems to have easier quant but more difficult verbal than others. (based on my experience of kaplan practice test linear)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
@aj85: Yes, even i found manhattan quant challenging. gmat prep's quant level is no where near the manhattan quant's level. there is hell lot of a difference. but how ironical fr me, i hve always scored more in manhattan compared to gmat prep :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I can at least say that in my experience GMAT Prep is more accurate than MGMAT. I thought MGMAT (I only took the first two) was a little harder than the real test. Conversely, I got the exact same score on the real test as I did on the one GMAT Prep practice test I took.
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Aj85 wrote:
Today i gave second knewton cat. I liked the quant section but didn't liked somethings about verbal section. Rc's were good. BUT many sc's and cr's were very similar to questions of OG. Even before i completely read the question i knew what was going to be the answer. I felt i got inflated score on verbal section. Also there was no AWA section which is strange.

Whoa, no AWA? That is definitely not a good sign. And the other issues on verbal which you mentioned are indeed troubling. From what I recall, a somewhat common comment on Knewton is that the first practice test is off in terms of scoring. This indicates that Knewton's tests are probably inferior to Manhattan's.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 300 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
bmillan01 wrote:

Whoa, no AWA? That is definitely not a good sign. And the other issues on verbal which you mentioned are indeed troubling. From what I recall, a somewhat common comment on Knewton is that the first practice test is off in terms of scoring. This indicates that Knewton's tests are probably inferior to Manhattan's.

Actually its not first practice test of knewton which is off scoring, the problem lies in scoring of quant and verbal section individually. If a person is high scoring on quant, he might find his score skewed by knewton cats. Though it is absolutely true that number of questions you get correct does not decides how much you will score on gmat or on q and v section individually, knewton cats do not give any room for mistakes on quant. Even 4 or 5 wrong answers on quant section of knewton cat can result in 44 or 45 which never happens for anyone on gmatprep. Yes i have seen people getting 50 on q with 11 incorrect and also 45 on q with 11 incorrect in gmatprep but never have I seen people scoring 45 on gmatprep's quant with just 4 wrong. so people who are good on quant can find their score skewed by knewton. However I also believe knewton slightly inflates the verbal scores.. I had got 730 (q46,v45) on knewton diagnostic and yesterday I got 760 (q50, v44) on second cat. i was happy with my performance on quant but I feel my score is much inflated because I encountered many questions of cr and sc which were very similar to gmatprep and og questions. only consoling thing for me was I got 13 out of 14 rc quetions correct. rcs of course are unique on every test and not copies of gmatprep or og questions. And yes you are very right absence of AWA section makes these cats very unrealistic!!
GMAT Club Bot