GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 15:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Worst experience of exam in one of the best test centres of India...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GMAT 1: 330 Q24 V14
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Worst experience of exam in one of the best test centres of India...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2018, 07:44
Edit:
Dear friends,

I had appeared for GMAT exam on Aug 2nd this year at Noida centre and had worst ever experience in my life. Below are few pain points :

1) While I entered the exam hall, I had been provided with two markers with a laminated sheet for rough work. I started with verbal section first.
As soon as I started my rough work, both marker pens were getting dried up within fraction of a second. Due to which I lost my full concentration as well as valuable time for exam.
I had to ask for 15-20 marker pens and every time examiner replaced the pens and gave me two each time. Hope this had been recorded in webcam during exam.

2) Secondly, headsets provided were too heavy and even painful to ears for long time. Every break time, I was asked for palm scanning and checking of pockets.
This had killed my significant time too.

I had written this to GMAC after two days of exam but yet to get any reply on same. Kindly help me and suggest what needs to be done.

Regards

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Re: Worst experience of exam in one of the best test centres of India...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2018, 23:46
i had a similar experience in trivandrum and ended up having to cancel my score. I wrote to gmat a day after the incident and its been over 10 days now and they still havent come up with a conclusive resolution.
SC Moderator
G
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GPA: 3.5
CAT Tests
Re: Worst experience of exam in one of the best test centres of India...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2018, 14:28
But where is the pain AN12 ? This is how it actually works on the GMAT in almost all test center around the globe.

P.S. By no mean I am trying to come up as rude but it is what it is.

1) While I entered the exam hall, I had been provided with two markers with a laminated sheet for rough work. I started with verbal section first.
As soon as I started my rough work, both marker pens were getting dried up within fraction of a second. Due to which I lost my full concentration as well as valuable time for exam.
I had to ask for 15-20 marker pens and every time examiner replaced the pens and gave me two each time. Hope this had been recorded in webcam during exam.

--> The marker they provide dries up if you do not put the cover back while you read/ pause/ not write on your booklet. It is a matter of fact for all of us that we are aware of. Probably you should have done your research on these trivial. In fact many of GMAT aspirant take their mock tests with similar markers, just so they get acquainted to it.

2) Secondly, headsets provided were too heavy and even painful to ears for long time. Every break time, I was asked for palm scanning and checking of pockets.
This had killed my significant time too.

--> Sure the headsets are big, but trust me it serves the best intended purpose(zero nuances). And palm scanning and checking of pockets are the universal formalities that GMAT test center offers. I am sure they are not going to change/modify any of the aforementioned "Pains" you have been through.

P.S. You were just treated the same way as any other test takers would be(nothing more,nothing less), its just that you were unaware of the GMAC policies.

The few, the fearless !

Target Test Prep Representative
G
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 19:01
Hi AN12,

I’m sorry to hear about how things went with your GMAT. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do regarding your situation at the test center. Markers do sometimes run out of ink, so you need to check your markers upon receiving them to ensure that they are not low on ink. Regarding the headphones, I understand that they are uncomfortable, so you may consider not using them during your next exam.

When is your next GMAT?

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

Re: Worst experience of exam in one of the best test centres of India... &nbs [#permalink] 28 Aug 2018, 19:01

Worst experience of exam in one of the best test centres of India...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, bb, EMPOWERgmatRichC

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR SEPTEMBER
e-GMAT: Free 30 day Access! 25+ Video Lessons | 400+ Practice Questions | 7 Free Webinars
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap