GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Feb 2019, 15:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM or Elsewhere?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GRE 1: Q167 V165
GPA: 3.84
Yale SOM or Elsewhere?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2018, 11:53
I've been accepted to Yale SOM (with 30% scholarship) from previous cycle, and currently on a deferred year doing something else. I am now wondering if it is still worth enrolling at Yale SOM, given that I only applied to very few schools in my last cycle. If I were to apply again, I'd be only looking at Harvard, Stanford, and Wharton. My stats are listed under my profile. My intended post-MBA job track would be MBB consulting. Help?
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Yale SOM or Elsewhere?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2018, 14:00
vodkarain wrote:
I've been accepted to Yale SOM (with 30% scholarship) from previous cycle, and currently on a deferred year doing something else. I am now wondering if it is still worth enrolling at Yale SOM, given that I only applied to very few schools in my last cycle. If I were to apply again, I'd be only looking at Harvard, Stanford, and Wharton. My stats are listed under my profile. My intended post-MBA job track would be MBB consulting. Help?

Why not adding Tuck, Kellogg or Booth to your list? I think you expand the application to other schools with maybe good scholarship too.

Good luck
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Yale SOM or Elsewhere?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2018, 14:55
Nice username. I see no reason not to try except potentially that you have to go through the LOR and essay writing process but once you have been through it, it is definitely more manageable.

P.S. Many people have a buyer's remorse in many situations and cases - buying a car or ordering a dish at the restaurant. This is one way to avoid that remorse down the road - know you got into as high ranking school as you could. At the same time, I think your MBB chances would be about the same at Yale as at Tuck or HBS. You definitely get brownie points for going to HBS/Stanford but Yale is a very strong brand name as well. I would perhaps consider putting effort only if you have a particular reason.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Yale SOM or Elsewhere?   [#permalink] 14 Oct 2018, 14:55

Yale SOM or Elsewhere?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap