Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM vs Stern? Which school to apply in R2 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I can have a rather biased opinion on this, but since most of these deadlines are now/next week this really comes down to logistics and preparedness-- which one(s) can you present a strong application for? Do you have your essays written, your letters of recommendation? If you feel rushed, it may be better to hold off to R3/4.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Aerien,

Yes my recommender are ready as they submitted for the same questions in other schools, so that's easy.

Regarding Essay, for Yale, 70% ready, as I had written for other schools and some part of my story, I could reuse. For Stern, questions are same as Wharton, so again most of the things ready. Stern still has 5 days left to apply, so I can submit easily.
Yale is tomorrow only, so I have to decide quickly.

What do you suggest now?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
Navi1784 wrote:
Hi Aerien,

Yes my recommender are ready as they submitted for the same questions in other schools, so that's easy.

Regarding Essay, for Yale, 70% ready, as I had written for other schools and some part of my story, I could reuse. For Stern, questions are same as Wharton, so again most of the things ready. Stern still has 5 days left to apply, so I can submit easily.
Yale is tomorrow only, so I have to decide quickly.

What do you suggest now?

Honestly I'd hesitate reusing a ton of content in this situation. Have you thought about why things didn't work out for you in R1 and ways to improve your app going forward?

With basically 24 hours until the deadline you need to decide if you're ready. A random person on the internet telling you to apply to X or Y isn't going to help you right now. If this were even a month ago, you could feasibly crowdsource. Now, you're either going to be finishing up Yale essays or Stern essays or both. Get writing on the ones you think you have the best shot of turning in a solid application. Again, if you feel better waiting to the next round, that's an option too.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I didn't apply in R1 as I was retaking GMAT. R3 will not work for me as very low acceptance rate plus visa issue. Stern I will definitely apply.

Regarding reusing stuff, is there any harm if the question is similar. Afterall, my background and goals will remain same, isn't it?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived NYU Stern Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our NYU Stern Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated NYU Stern Forum for all fresh things related to the NYU Stern MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts