GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Jun 2020, 09:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Yale vs LBS vs Oxbridge vs Reapply

new topic post reply Update application status  

Should I reapply?

• 53% [8]
  • 33% [5]
  • 6% [1]
  • 0% [0]
  • 6% [1]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Judge   LBS   Said   Yale   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Yale vs LBS vs Oxbridge vs Reapply  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2020, 08:38
it’s definitely a disappointing application season for me. dinged by Wharton with interview, WL by kellogg
it left me in an awkward situation that Yale is the only US school i got into and failed to get into any M7
As the first semester might go online and I might have to defer since I’m international, I keep thinking should I reapply? by reapply, i mean applying to CBS and INSEAD for Jan term entry. Could that be a better option than any of the offers I have at hand?

for the current offers, I’m indifferent to the length of program nor the work location. it might be a better choice for two year program given the current recession. I personally love UK and want to study there but LBS doesn’t have much recognition outside UK or Europe. Oxbridge is lifetime experience but the program is not sufficiently strong. Yale got the brand and the program is OK, seems like a balanced choice.

I came from non traditional background. I am widely open to career choices, might want to explore social impact or maybe consulting or tech, or might return to the industry I’m currently working in

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Yale vs LBS vs Oxbridge vs Reapply  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2020, 13:39
I am sorry about the results are not satisfactory for you. However, Yale is a Top 10 program and has a very strong recognition outside of the US, much stronger than Kellogg or Booth or Haas for that matter. So I would not quite put an X on it all.

There are a lot of moving parts with the corona virus but one aspect is clear - when economy tanks and people are seeing fewer career options, there are hiring freezes, projects are put on hold, they choose to dust off that MBA plan and they apply, in large numbers. Next season applications will be tougher and unless you can think of some pretty stupendous improvements to your profile, I would not count on Yale and WL at Kellogg next season. Perhaps UNC KF or ESSEC?

One positive thing from the Corona Virus is that your Kellogg WL will likely clear with people being impacted and having to change their plans.

Good Luck!
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Yale vs LBS vs Oxbridge vs Reapply  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2020, 13:42
Putting all my dislike for Yale aside, you have had quite an impressive year, my friend. Also Oxbridge may sound very fancy on paper but their business school programs are essentially several tiers below top US Business Schools.

I'd say you should see if you can get a deferral for Yale (I doubt it), or negotiate some scholarship and go to Yale. It is a great program. Unless you have a solid reason of why you think Yale is not good enough for you which I don't see in this post :)
Re: Yale vs LBS vs Oxbridge vs Reapply   [#permalink] 01 Apr 2020, 13:42

Yale vs LBS vs Oxbridge vs Reapply

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate