Joined: Oct 19, 2014
660 Q48 V33
This review is for Babson
Program Full Time MBA
Class of 2017
Doing an MBA would be one of the most important investments of your life. You may want to give equal importance while choosing a B-School.
The criteria you should be looking at -
2. Alumni + Faculty Network
2. Resources (CCD, Library, Access to Databases, Access to information,....)
4. Ranking should be the last thing you should be looking at
Talking about how Babson fairs on these things -
1. Though not inside the Boston City itself Babson is located in the one of the most reputed neighborhood (Wellesley) in the USA. The Campus is 30 mins always from the city and Babson students make use of the collaboration opportunities with MIT and Harvard and you get access (after paying some fees of course) to most of the important networking events in Boston area.
2. Though Babson is known for the Entrepreneurship, you can find its alumni, in almost all the reputed companies, in prominent roles. Babson has one of the best alumni network and the faculty's network out there. As in many B-schools now, Babson students have free access to several prominent databases. The best part is all the resources are well cataloged and students are prompted through various channels to use them. CCD is not one of best but it is a good resource if used strategically. At Grad School, you shouldn't expect to be spoon fed.
3. This is one of the biggest factors that determines your overall MBA experience. Hence, it is important to find out whether you fit in the MBA crowd of the school you want to go. As Babson is known for Entrepreneurship, it attracts many individuals with family business background who are well funded and they MAY have lesser experience working in the corporate world. So if you are funding your MBA by savings and bank loan, you may have to put in extra efforts to find a diverse set of individuals to hang out and enjoy your learning experience.
4. There are several online resources for this
Overall BSchool experience (3.0)
Schools contribution (4.0)
Classmates rating (2.0)
Student body, diversity
Career opportunities provided by school
Culture & Student Support