You have found 1 out of 13
Christmas decorations! Find them all
And get a super prize from GMAT Club:
|All Reviews > Gatehouse > Gatehouse Admissions Consulting > Review Comments|
Joined: Mar 16, 2016
REVIEWER IDENTITY VERIFIED by school email address [?]
Initially, I had been hesitant to work with an admissions consultant knowing that many other peers had been admitted to top business schools without any assistance. However, my opinion completely changed after working with Liza and looking back at what an amazing job she did guiding and supporting me through the entire process beginning before I even took my GMAT. I have highlighted below what I view as her most significant strengths, and could not recommend her more strongly to anyone looking for an MBA admissions consultant.
1) She is entirely invested in getting to know the ins and outs of your life and personality – what makes you tick, which is so important during the admissions process. As a result, the commentary and feedback on all elements of my application were far beyond structural and grammatical but rather unique to my qualities that she thought should be emphasized. There were even some things she picked up on and noticed about me that I hadn’t even thought of myself, but ended up coming through in various ways throughout the application.
2) She is the most enthusiastic person I have ever worked with, staying extremely positive and motivating no matter the situation. During the process I had some very rough times at work and there were many times when I didn’t think it was going to be possible to get my applications in. She was the single driving force keeping me going with her constant positive feedback and mentoring. If I didn’t know she was working with other clients, I might have thought I was the only person she was helping through the process – that is how much attention she gives to each and every one she works with. She will also make herself available to talk about anything you need at almost any time, and always managed to brighten my day and relieve some stress.
3) She is very knowledgeable about the entire process and the nuances of each school’s essays and application materials. It is very clear that she has a lot of experience in this field and most any question that I had she knew the answer to. She was also able to steer my thoughts in the right direction for brainstorming in ways that I thought got me to the correct content for each school. Plus, she is a graduate of a top program so has actually been through it herself.
4) She is so dedicated to you, and it never felt like my time was getting cut off or I was not getting what I paid for (which I have heard from other people). Often times we would go over our time limit but it is so clear that her goal is to help you in whatever way possible. She went above and beyond what I expected in terms of personal investment in my success during the process.
5) She is open, honest, and will tell you her opinion in a straightforward way. I will admit it was hard to hear negative feedback sometimes, but she was so good at being critical and at the same time still being my best friend helping me to improve the content of my application beyond what I thought I was capable of. I put a lot of value on this as I liked to be pushed to achieve the best result possible.
I can say with confidence that you will definitely not regret working with Liza, she is an incredible partner to have through the admissions process.