GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 15:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

2.5 years experience. Which business schools do I have a shot yet?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
2.5 years experience. Which business schools do I have a shot yet?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2018, 20:38
Hello All!

Looking to understand the colleges which I have a legit shot at, for admission in Sept 2019
Indian, Female; 24 years
GMAT: 740
Major in Pharmacy from a top engineering college in India-GPA:8.3 (Have a paper published in an international journal)
Work ex: 2.5 years at the time of joining (1.5 years at a not-so-good profile in a top investment bank, 1 year at a non-profit org)
Extra-curricular: Volunteered during college in an NGO; Lead a team while volunteering;

I speak 5 languages and play an instrument- if that has any brownie points.

Post MBA want to get into Consulting/ Operations in healthcare industry.

Thanks a lot!
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 2.5 years experience. Which business schools do I have a shot yet?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2018, 21:06
Hi. Congrats on your first post and welcome to GMAT Club!

I feel you can take a crack at a few. As usual, you can take a shot at the top 20, with a 1-2 Top 10 schools and a few top 30 schools. That seems to be a good working strategy that often yields a selection of options that sometimes also come with scholarships.

P.S. Work experience counts as of the time of matriculation so thank you for doing that research. You are a bit on the younger side than many/most other applicants and your chances will in large part depend on your maturity. Age is not the key factor, it is maturity and your ability to maintain momentum.

Your essays, your story, and supporting recommendation letters will play the key part/role now.
Good Luck!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: 2.5 years experience. Which business schools do I have a shot yet?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2018, 21:10
Hello spharvuatnhi

While the 'stats' of your profile look decent, with your years of work ex on the lower end you will have to show much better career progression, achievements at work and extracurricular than other applicants. You may want to read here on what factors to highlight in your written application and add to your research by reading on career goals here.
If you can showcase why you need an MBA now (as opposed to a year or two later) then you may have a decent shot at some of the top 20 schools in the US. But that is too broad a statement and list of schools to consider. One must understand the qualitative details of your profile in more details for a more focused list of schools.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

spharvuatnhi wrote:
Hello All!

Looking to understand the colleges which I have a legit shot at, for admission in Sept 2019
Indian, Female; 24 years
Major in Pharmacy from a top engineering college in India-GPA:8.3 (Have a paper published in an international journal)
Work ex: 2.5 years at the time of joining (1.5 years at a not-so-good profile in a top investment bank, 1 year at a non-profit org)
Extra-curricular: Volunteered during college in an NGO; Lead a team while volunteering;

Thanks a lot!

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Manager
Manager
S
2.5 years experience. Which business schools do I have a shot yet?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2018, 03:55
Indian Female applicant with a 740 and 2.5 years( At the time of joining)- You can take a shot at several Top schools. Whatever . you will have after 4 years of work experience, you got to showcase that maturity RIGHT NOW- Today. Statistically speaking- you will do fine as long as you tell them- You are Ready!

Indian Male applicants with 700 to 740 GMAT, and 2.5 years of work experience- Some schools will ask you to wait for a year before you apply. Not because they think that you are not as mature as Indian Women :) - NO! But because there are TOO MANY Indian male applicants with these scores and profiles.

Specific advice for spharvuatnhi: Do not waste a single day! Start Applying. You have nothing to lose. The worst that will happen is- You will be REJECTED! On the brighter side, you will have saved a year of your life. Don't think too much. You are not ruled out for this year.

Our GMAT Program- Creating 750+ Scores
Our MBA Consulting- Top Schools and significant Scholarships
PythaGURUS Education
http://www.pythagurus.in

MBA Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 05:54
spharvuatnhi wrote:
Hello All!

Indian, Female; 24 years

Thanks a lot!

Hello spharvuatnhi,
If your lack of work experience concerns you, consider these top MBA programs that allow early career candidates and less experienced candidates to apply and defer their enrollment: https://aringo.com/deferred-enrollment- ... xperience/

If you are interested in healthcare, take a look at this list: https://aringo.com/health-care-mba-programs/

Good luck!

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/

GMAT Club Bot
Re: 2.5 years experience. Which business schools do I have a shot yet? &nbs [#permalink] 26 Sep 2018, 05:54

2.5 years experience. Which business schools do I have a shot yet?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap