Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 908 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.7
WE:Account Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: 2 Weeks Until Test Day - Major Score Improvements Possible? [#permalink]
I doubt that it's possible to have that big of a score gain in two weeks. You should just continue you studying hard and then focus on being in the best possible state of mind on test day. If you are relaxed, focused, and well-rested on test day, you will maximize your chances of doing well.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
For right now I'll just plan on taking it as is and doing the best I possibly can. I imagine a retake though early next yr.

I hope that this 4 month plateau that so many refer to can be overcome. I can't imagine that if I keep trying I won't get there eventually...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Just took my last MGMAT CAT and scored a 700 (Q 44 V40). While pleased, based on what posters here said, I am almost skeptical! (not to say I don't believe I am capable!) ...I'll take the score though and keep studying...we'll see what happens though come test day next Thursday
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
It is what it is. Remember to take it one question at a time and don't worry about the big picture. Just you and one question. It is easy :)
Don't waste time, just solve or move on (however hard it may be). Make sure you do a quick check if you can of course before submitting each answer (I found 2 mistakes that way)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Thank you for the encouragement. Will keep at it! I'll keep the community posted on what comes out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
I tested much higher than the CATs were indicating a week prior to my test. I don't remember all of my CAT scores, but a little over a week prior I got a 690 on an MGMAT (the highest I had on MGMAT) and a 660 on the GMATPrep2 (710 a few weeks prior on GMATPrep1). The last week I just did a TON of OG Quant practice questions and I feel like that made the difference. I ended up with a 750. I agree with bb's response - just take it one question at a time and try hard not to think about the score while you are testing. Good luck to you!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Will do. I wouldn't have a complaint or question if I left the test center with that experience!

Thanks for the input. I'm taking GMAT Prep I this Sat or Sunday. Not sure if I will do the second one or not. Do you all recommend I knock out both before next Thurs or just drill through the questions I have left (haven't touched the OG verbal review and quant review books yet).

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
neilferrini wrote:
Will do. I wouldn't have a complaint or question if I left the test center with that experience!

Thanks for the input. I'm taking GMAT Prep I this Sat or Sunday. Not sure if I will do the second one or not. Do you all recommend I knock out both before next Thurs or just drill through the questions I have left (haven't touched the OG verbal review and quant review books yet).

Thanks

Personally, I felt like doing questions instead of practices tests were much more beneficial the last week. Taking that GMATPrep (knowing it was supposed to be very accurate) and seeing a 660 really messed with my confidence. You really don't need that right before the big day. I decided after that to just do practice questions, since you will actually be learning the material, rather than just practicing your timing/endurance. If you have timing issues, maybe just hold yourself to complete questions in 2 or 3 minutes while doing practice problems.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Just tested on GMAT prep b/c I felt like I should at least take one of them

GMAT Prep I - 690 (Q44 V40)

Not quite sure what to think. I was really hoping to score in the 700+ on this one. I have heard that GMAT Prep score is generally higher than MGMAT (granted, I have only scored in this range on one MGMAT test).

Really hoping for a stronger score next Thurs. I have on more GMAT Prep exam, but not sure if I want to take it. Also have a ton of V.R. and Q.R. questions I have yet to touch that I can work through. Thoughts?

Thanks again,

Neil
GMAT Club Bot