It is currently 19 Apr 2018, 21:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

27M (when applying) profile review

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
27M (when applying) profile review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 12:48
Background/ work exp: After graduation I was a business analyst on a project where I implemented a state budget system, a project that was being directly monitored by the governor of Michigan. On this project I was in charge of all back end customization's and lead efforts on making our software complaint for the def and blind. I worked on a team directly with the product manager and can list her as a reference. After this is moved to a company called vertafore they are the leading technology provider for the insurance industry, and industry amazon and google are just starting to take interest in. I worked directly with most of the top 10 insurance companies to interface their business needs with our development and technical team. I have numerous direct endorsements from chief compliance officers of large insurance carriers that can be utilized from here. My annual review will likely see me going up to BA 2

Extra curriculars: Volunteer with hospice where I spend time with dying patients and provide their families respite. I also do community activism and have pushed for community betterment projects such as a community benefits ordinance that will allow the community to have a say in projects where developers get large tax breaks. I am the treasurer of a local political org.

Some things im not sure about mentioning, im a somewhat known weird Twitter comedian (10k plus followers, numerous virals 10ish million impressions a month) but my comedy isnt exactly appropriate, but also not problematic it is not racist or reactionary in anyways just strange and absurd and candid about sex and various other topics. In any case the media presence has allowed me to start a podcast on history which i think will be performing well and pulling patreon money by the time i apply.

Undergrad school/major: 3.5 double major in Finance and MIS

Other education/coursework: During college I won a startup competition and was president of the dorm

Race/nationality: Caucasian

Sex: Male

GMAT Score: 730 47 Q 44V Undergrad GPA: 3.5

Goal of MBA: The go back into tech or go into non profit, will have targeted essay but leave options open in school

Target schools:

Haas
Ross
UCLA
Yale
MIT
Expert Post
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
B
Affiliations: Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
Re: 27M (when applying) profile review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 19:48
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details of your profile! You have some very interesting extra-curriculars! However, we actually are no longer providing straight profile reviews on this forum. We believe that your competitiveness at different schools relies on more than just a few stats or data points and so, a conversation is a much better way to provide that feedback and help you approach the application process. However, we'd LOVE to answer any specific questions or concerns you have about your profile or the MBA application process in general. So please feel free to respond with some more pointed questions!

Best,
Melody

Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
https://vantagepointmba.com/
Your Personal MBA Application Experts
Contact us for a Free Consultation!

Re: 27M (when applying) profile review   [#permalink] 22 Mar 2018, 19:48

27M (when applying) profile review

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap