It is currently 17 Nov 2017, 10:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

720 in 2 months, 41V 47Q, EMPOWERgmat Prep

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
720 in 2 months, 41V 47Q, EMPOWERgmat Prep [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 09:28
I was looking for a low-cost option as I was not set on taking the GMAT or applying to business school. I stumbled upon EMPOWER after a bit of Google searching and pulled the trigger because it was a great price point compared to other more established prep services. I was immediately impressed with EMPOWER's candid approach to GMAT prep. This service is geared towards one thing: getting you a 700+ on the test. Below are some thoughts I had as I went through the curriculum.

Style: I loved EMPOWER's straightforward approach. In the quant videos, Rich is very direct about what's important and what's not. He gives little tidbits about the architecture of the test that are very helpful in juicing points that other test-takers may miss. Alongside giving a great understanding of how the test works, the video lessons are very effective in teaching the concepts. Most of the quant section relies on math you've learned at some point in the past, so a succinct refresher is all that's needed, and Rich's videos are great at that. They mix in quiz questions along the way to ensure you're getting it. On the verbal side, the sentence correction modules really help in identifying what to look for and how to eliminate wrong answers. I found that I could often get the right answer (even when it sounded weird) by using the EMPOWER rules to eliminate wrong answers. Very helpful.

Accessibility: I had a few "freak out" moments during my studying where I needed some feedback to get me refocused and reoriented. Most of those moments were on weekends and I was very impressed with Rich's accessibility. He personally responded to me quickly even on Saturdays and Sundays.

Overall: I can't imagine there's a better value out there. EMPOWER gives you the tools to succeed and the confidence to understand the test for what it is. Highly recommended as a comprehensive yet succinct and efficient prep course.

EMPOWERgmat Discount Codese-GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Board of Directors
G

Kudos [?]: 430 [0], given: 200

Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: 720 in 2 months, 41V 47Q, EMPOWERgmat Prep [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 09:38
Hi,

Congrats on your score!

p.s.: Can you verify your score please, using the function in "My Profile" -> "Applicant Profile" -> "GMAT Information".
It will give more credibility to your story.

Kudos [?]: 430 [0], given: 200

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 158 [0], given: 77

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 09:47
jackapartain wrote:
I was looking for a low-cost option as I was not set on taking the GMAT or applying to business school. I stumbled upon EMPOWER after a bit of Google searching and pulled the trigger because it was a great price point compared to other more established prep services. I was immediately impressed with EMPOWER's candid approach to GMAT prep. This service is geared towards one thing: getting you a 700+ on the test. Below are some thoughts I had as I went through the curriculum.

Style: I loved EMPOWER's straightforward approach. In the quant videos, Rich is very direct about what's important and what's not. He gives little tidbits about the architecture of the test that are very helpful in juicing points that other test-takers may miss. Alongside giving a great understanding of how the test works, the video lessons are very effective in teaching the concepts. Most of the quant section relies on math you've learned at some point in the past, so a succinct refresher is all that's needed, and Rich's videos are great at that. They mix in quiz questions along the way to ensure you're getting it. On the verbal side, the sentence correction modules really help in identifying what to look for and how to eliminate wrong answers. I found that I could often get the right answer (even when it sounded weird) by using the EMPOWER rules to eliminate wrong answers. Very helpful.

Accessibility: I had a few "freak out" moments during my studying where I needed some feedback to get me refocused and reoriented. Most of those moments were on weekends and I was very impressed with Rich's accessibility. He personally responded to me quickly even on Saturdays and Sundays.

Overall: I can't imagine there's a better value out there. EMPOWER gives you the tools to succeed and the confidence to understand the test for what it is. Highly recommended as a comprehensive yet succinct and efficient prep course.

Hi, many congrats ! :-D

Can you please share your mock CAT scores you have taken before the test?

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
720 in 2 months, 41V 47Q, EMPOWERgmat Prep [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 09:54
CAT 1: 560 (35Q 33V)
CAT 2: 690 (39Q 46V)
CAT 3: 690 (39Q 44V)
CAT 4: 650 (39Q 41V)
CAT 5: 710 (44Q 44V)
CAT 6: 640 (42Q 36V)
CAT 7: 700 (45Q 41V)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 10:08
jackapartain wrote:
CAT 1: 560 (35Q 33V)
CAT 2: 690 (39Q 46V)
CAT 3: 690 (39Q 44V)
CAT 4: 650 (39Q 41V)
CAT 5: 710 (44Q 44V)
CAT 6: 640 (42Q 36V)
CAT 7: 700 (45Q 41V)

Are those all MGMAT CATs or GMATPrep CATs? Only 6 GMATPrep CATs are available.

Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
P
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat

Kudos [?]: 3498 [0], given: 173

GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 16:32
Hi jackapartain ,

That's OUTSTANDING news! With a 720/Q47, you have a score that's well above the 90th percentile, so you can comfortable apply to any Business Schools that interest you. I remember you mentioning that you were considering some specific European Schools. What are the application deadlines for those Programs?

Congrats again on your success!

Another GMAT Assassin has been made!
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Kudos [?]: 3498 [0], given: 173

Manager
Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 110 [0], given: 468

Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 18:59
Congrats on outstanding score!!! All the best for your application process :-)

आत्मनॊ मोक्षार्थम् जगद्धिताय च

Resource: GMATPrep RCs With Solution

Kudos [?]: 110 [0], given: 468

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 11:15
Congratulations! I love reading success stories using Empower.

I just started the 3 month plan about 2 weeks ago myself, and I can already see that this is the approach I was looking for. I have always heard that the GMAT isn't about what you know and that it's more about preparing to beat the test. Empower already seems to be tailored towards that approach, so it is very encouraging to me that it is helping others and I made the right decision.

Best of luck on your applications!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Re: 720 in 2 months, 41V 47Q, EMPOWERgmat Prep   [#permalink] 07 Nov 2017, 11:15

720 in 2 months, 41V 47Q, EMPOWERgmat Prep

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: EMPOWERgmatRichC, ydmuley, bb

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap